The Crew 2 Video Card Performance and IQ Preview @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The Crew 2 Video Card Performance and IQ Preview

We’ve got early access to The Crew 2 thanks to the Gold Edition, a brand new open-world racing game for the PC. Let’s find out how The Crew 2 performs on today’s GPUs in this preview. We also look at graphics settings and hit a little on Image Quality. Hopefully we will have some insight as we know a lot of readers have been waiting for this game.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same feeling I got from playing the beta. It looked decent enough at first glance, but I quickly noticed how flat and low detailed everything looked even with all the options turned up to their highest settings. There is no excuse for the short LOD. They should have given us the option to extend it as far as we want, unless it's an issue that is inextricably tied to the texture streaming.

Using the preivous driver I was getting around 40-55 FPS using the High preset at 4K on my Titan X, for reference, and it was very playable. But 30 and 60 FPS caps in this day and age? Come on, now...

I won't be buying the full game. The controls were much improved over the first game, but the gameplay seems really gimmicky and it wasn't able to hold my attention for more than an hour during the beta.

Ouch....a downgrade in IQ?.....fuck man im glad i didn't preorder it...whew. And 60FPS cap....seriously?!?!?!

IMO as a PC user, stay away from this game imo.

I completely lost interest in the game after reading about the FPS cap, I refuse to support that decision. Then I calmed down and went back to the conclusion page and read about all the LOD issues and stopped reading again. What year is this.

I've been looking for a new racing game to get into, it's been too long since playing one, but whew, that's a hard pass from me.

Man that really does run poorly, good thing I wasn't really interested in it anyway.

I loved the idea of the first one, wanted it to have a bigger more realistic map tho. Had some fun playing it, but they fucked everyone over with the way they did the DLC. Left a bad enough taste that I'm avoiding the sequel until dirt cheap

I just recently started playing The Crew (I didn't even realized I had it) and while they may not be directly comparable, it seems to me that the Crew looks better than Crew2

I can live with the 60fps limit. But the LOD, texture detail, Fuzzy AA and lack of scenery detais are major issues IMO.

I completely lost interest in the game after reading about the FPS cap, I refuse to support that decision. Then I calmed down and went back to the conclusion page and read about all the LOD issues and stopped reading again. What year is this.

I've been looking for a new racing game to get into, it's been too long since playing one, but whew, that's a hard pass from me.
Have to wait for Forza Horizon 4. Comes out October 2.

Same here. Completely unacceptable.

Burnout Paradise is one of my favorite games and they are doing a remaster:

https://www.pcgamer.com/burnout-paradise-remastered-is-coming-to-pc-later-this-year/

The original runs great in NV Surround and is one of the few games that I've seen run well (good performance, good effect) in NV Surround 3D. Even though it's 10 year old, the graphics hold up pretty well but I'm not sure the online features all work and they never released the expansion island for PC. Hopefully the remaster will fix all that.

Back