The crashiest game

"I like verbing words. It weirds the language." Calvin

As for which game I've played that crashed the most, well, it's probably Morrowind as well. The expansions weren't so bad, but before those, nearly unplayable for me.

Morrowind.

That game has had issues. Heh, I remeber I had to do the "No CD hack" in order to make the game performe better and not crash as much by doing less CD checks (which were like ever 5 freekin seconds). I loved and hated that game at the same time. :mad:

No contest for me. Hit Man 2. That piece of shit crashed every 15 minutes. Or if you hit certain parts of the game. That thing was WAY unstable. Next to that KOTOR. Every two to four hours it would take a shit on me and throw me to the desktop. The later patches helped alot though.

yeah with morrowind i played it for about 5-7 hours into the game but teh crashes stopped me, just this past year i reinstalled with the new expansions as well as an unoffical morrowind patch which is supposed to fix every single quest bug known. And I had very few problems, crashed a few times, but overall it was great and i got to enjoy the awsome game!

Beep Beep! Sqelshhrrr! Ksmash!,
morrowind seems to crash the most for me, But for some reason still CANT STOP PLAYING. if it wasnt for the editor, the many items to find, and making or dloading mods, damn adictive :eek: .

old dos game called Aces Over Europe made by Dynamix Sierra. that game would do nothing but fuck computers up

Morrowind. It was like flying Aeroflot airlines.
Scratch that, it would Aeroflot crash envy.
I completed a lot of the quests including recently the main one and I also abused the quick save key.

Deus Ex 2 :(
The PC version is very poorly coded. I preferred playing it on the Xbox.

whats wrong with you people?

CALL OF DUTY + ATI video card = 6 minutes of playing at time.

i cant belive no one has mentioned call of duty. i litteraly play for 5 mins then crash. sometimes less than 2 minutes and i would crash. the patches didnt do anything. the game was ok, but crash city.

Tribes 2 - out of the box, if you can actually track down the latest patches it is now fairly stable even though it's way too late. If you had a bit of spyware or anything though the game would die, if you had a non-standard soundcard the game would die. If you saw a tank blow up the game would die. I still recall though, installing over and over and having corrupt files. Apparently there was no sort of file verification during the installation. I spent like 4 hours once before I realized there was a smudge on the bottom of my CD corrupting files (absolute truth).

Anarchy Online - wow. I bought this game on the suggestion of a teammate. It's really sad cause it was a decent game and had good looking graphics and nice areas to explore when you were in, though the cities were laggy with all the people. It had a little bit of a memory leak though that required a reboot at the worst times or would crash you after a lengthy play. But I remember just installing it from the CD was a pain, I had to copy files over then run the install from that. Then I accidentally got the patches manually to install them and found out that wouldn't work. Had to delete, re-install, and let it auto-update for a long while.

The buggiest game ive ever played bar none is daggerfall. (second elder scrolls game) I think theres a LOT of patches for it that were released. even for all the bugs, it was awesome.

Hmm second to that would be Soul bringer 2. (it floped, wonder why ehhe)

Most stable game ive played was doom. In all the systems ive played it on i dont remember it crashing once. (prob second to that is diablo/wc2)

Sir-Fragalot said:
No contest for me. Hit Man 2.

I have to agree with you on Hitman. I ended up uninstalling it and returning it because I couldn't play it for more than 15 minutes at a time without a crash.

for some reason that game carshed more then any other game i've played in the last 3 years.

elation said:
What he said...

and Everquest after DX9 implementation. I have since quit the game.

Same here. I especially love how my character sticks to walls and shit now... Lots of fun. Not that I have actually played in a while.. heh.

easily Gothic 1 and sometimes Thief 3 (really randomly too).

Not one prob with KoTOR {what a great game!!}

Morrowind was a nightmare for me - but the day I doubled my memory and implemented the No-CD hack {Legit hack for owners of Morrowind to play the game with out accessing the cdrom every 30 seconds} it became one of my all time favorite games.

-=M=-

Back