The crashiest game

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
I think that the crashiest game would definitely have to be Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam. For some reason that game just loves to crash on me randomly and a lot. It is extremely annoying but I guess I am gonna have to live with it as BF is my favorite games... What games are your crashiest?

-warsaw

Yes GTA 3 definiatly and used to be Morrowind but that seem to be fixed.

Otherwise destruction derby?

bahaha, "abuse" it...I like that :D but yeaht hat was the only way you could beat it I think.

warsawtag said:
I think that the crashiest game would definitely have to be Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam. For some reason that game just loves to crash on me randomly and a lot. It is extremely annoying but I guess I am gonna have to live with it as BF is my favorite games... What games are your crashiest?

-warsaw

Strange. I've had BF1942 ever since it came out and I don't remember it ever crashing.

I never had problems with BF1942 either. I think one of the "crashiest" games I have ever played was the original Star Trek Armada by Activision. Any game that has beta patches can't be good. :)

Everquest on a Euro server. Ya...that was bad. Daily crashes resetting content, sometimes hourly...unfortunately the server wasn't marked 'Euro' when I picked it, heh.

For me it was probably Black Hawk Down.-Or rather the expansion pack Team Sabre. (I got it free from a friend so I had to at least try 'em! LOL) Yes, they were both real versions, not copies.

I want to reply Gothik 2, but unfortunately I couldn't get the POS game to run, and I usually regard myself as competent enough to install games, or at least read the forums in case there is a patch to fix the game; unfortunately, the only patch I could find was a German patch or some such patch.

I haven't tried to install it lately, so maybe I'll give it a go again

I never had a problem with Gothic 2...could have just been a bad install or something.

I hope it was just a bad disc, because at least then I can blame it on something other then my competence. hah

I have never had a problem installing games before; although I did run into a brief stint when trying to install Painkiller. I checked the forums and supposedly there was a problem with the auto-install, and so I copied the entire content of the three CD's to my harddrive and installed it from there and it ran fine.

I'm going to be re-installing my Operating systems within the week, so I'll probably try to give it a go after that, and if all else fails, I'll try posting my problem on these forums, or preferably the gothic forums.

I've never had any problems with any game crashing repeatedly that couldn't be traced back to a driver bug (or bad install), overclocking (and the excess heat that comes with it), or windoze related crap that a reinstall fixed.

GTA:VC, Morrowind never have given me any problems. I did crash in morrowind once after a marathon 6-hour saturday, but I think the game was just telling me to take a break. . .

However, I generally don't buy crap like (the infamous) Enter the Matrix, etc and other games that get a rapid reputation for being inherently unstable (like the BF series).

Ragnarok Online....when it was in beta or w/e it was pure trash. never played it since, might of fixed the problems but it was a gay mmorpg anyways.

Pirates of the Caribbean for the Xbox. You'd be lucky to go thirty minutes without a crash. Bethesda has a knack for releasing poorly coded games.

C&C Generals Zero Hour (8 Player Maps) You better win in half an hour or it's bombing out.
Silent Hill 3 - Just buggy from the get go.

Diablo 2.

When it first came out, not only did I have problems with it, but from what I read on forums nearly 50% of the people did as well. A few days later, Blizzard released a patch to make it work properly, and world was saved. :)

Id have to same Americas army, played it since the beginning, the first few patches mostly fixed it though. I have to say a game has not given me troubles by crashing in a LONG time. At least a year. Maybe im just lucky.

tribes 2 without a doubt

over a month of trying and i cant get it to stop locking up my pc

nothing works, all other games fine, system stable as a rock

tribes2

crashed about every 30-45 minutes way back when but i liked it enuf to put up with it :D

edit: lol nice timing mal :cool:

Definately Tribes 2. When I first got it, I couldnt even play it until the second patch if I remember correctly, the game just wouldnt even start. Once I finally got it going I didnt really enjoy it anyway, and was gutted.

But yeah, Battlefield Vietnam is 'up there' in terms of bugs.

MOH Breakthrough. Crashed repeatedly, never got to finish, no tech support, no patches! My desktop mouse even stayed active underneath the game screen, really screwed things up as I "fired" the mouse!

WickedAngel said:
Pirates of the Caribbean for the Xbox. You'd be lucky to go thirty minutes without a crash. Bethesda has a knack for releasing poorly coded games.

lol weird, never had any console game crash on me heh.

I' ve never had BF:1942 or BF:V crash on me, never. But Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield crashed on me everytime I played it, until after like the 4th patch.

elation said:
What he said...

and Everquest after DX9 implementation. I have since quit the game.

Ditto on that,I've seen entire guilds quit due to the numerous problems DX9 introduced into Everquest.Games other then that,I would have to go with GTA 3, first week of release.

Tribes 2 before they patched it 10 times. Most game only crash because my computer is overclocked. I don't overclock a damn thing anymore, way more trouble then it is worth.

foxlinked said:
tribes2

crashed about every 30-45 minutes way back when but i liked it enuf to put up with it :D

edit: lol nice timing mal :cool:

That's damn strange, I was the first to mention tribes 2, and you posted the exact same time.

Pretty freaky :eek:

Back