THE CRASH OF FEB 2018

lilbabycat

2[H]4U
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big boys are bleeding and so is everyone else....

Ark is Redder than its logo
All my ICO's are down to ICO price or lower
My ERC20 tokens have taken a dump
My longshot coins don't even get measure in pennies anymore
------------
All that said I'm still up 130% since 3 months ago, but I had triple this end of dec.

Is this the correction or the crash?

its hard to say BTC is a correction IMO due to it going lower and lower each day / week.

because BTC is taking a hit so is everything else which is a correction IMO

this is where you can get some really good deals.

also... way to many asics comming out. while BTC is no longer GPU based most everything else is. people could be selling BTC to start swapping equipment

Take a look at historical data on crypto prices at the beginning of the Chinese New Year. For the last few years at the start of the Chinese New Year crypto prices take a serious dump. They then rebound slowly, back to pre-selloff levels and higher after six to eight weeks...

I'm just hoping I can get myself a nice (to me) graphics card off CL during the sell off -- inventory is rising, but people are still trying to get above retail on used cards. Something like a 980ti or 1070 would be a nice toy for me to game with!

Edit -- even if we're seeing a cyclic feature from the Chinese New Year, there's some major adjustments to the meteoric rise in cryptocurrencies December.

Last edited:
The video card market is going to be a bit of a up and down ride.
Used I expect to see good deals on cards available

New, it's still going to be tight. On the wholesale supply chain, we get offered 100+ packs of cards at higher prices than we sold cards for, so if you have to have NEW then you might get a bit of a discount, but it's not going to be dramatic. For example RX570 cards are still easily fetching $480 each new, but there are some good deals to be had on the GTX 1080 cards, The 1080Ti cards are still up there unless you get one from one of the manufacturers directly. Vega 56 is still way up there and Vega 64 is still really hard to get new.

ethereum needs to break the damn coralation with btc. btc as we know it mwill eventually die and i would rather it not pull anything down with it.

eth is down more than btc, it's pulling btc down and litecoin!
depends on the chart you look at. It held up better the other day and made its way back over 1100 so today yeah it may look worse but look at the 1 week or the 1mnth and you'll be surprised.

ethereum needs to break the damn coralation with btc. btc as we know it mwill eventually die and i would rather it not pull anything down with it.

Gross. ETH is spaghetti code and given the rollback for the DAO hack (and most likely fork for the Parity funds), it goes against what the blockchain stands for (an immutable ledger).

depends on the chart you look at. It held up better the other day and made its way back over 1100 so today yeah it may look worse but look at the 1 week or the 1mnth and you'll be surprised.

dude, was looking at what happened this morning and current price which is Eth lost its grip on $1k. title of thread is the crash of Feb 2018, not 1 week or a month ago.

also I was mostly joking.

Gross. ETH is spaghetti code and given the rollback for the DAO hack (and most likely fork for the Parity funds), it goes against what the blockchain stands for (an immutable ledger).

that spaghetti coin still works better as a crypto then bitcoin ever will in its current condition. and wouldnt it be great if good cryptos price scaled with how good they were instead of following the mess that is bitcoin?

Reactions: noko
like this
that spaghetti coin still works better as a crypto then bitcoin ever will in its current condition. and wouldnt it be great if good cryptos price scaled with how good they were instead of following the mess that is bitcoin?
When code is introduced into anything - bugs seems to follow. ETH has a very high potential I think to be the killer coin but also the one that can kill itself too. Some of the derivatives may succeed if ETH does not like Pirl. ETH has the potential to revolutionize the world in asset exchange and worth and ability to monetized virtually anything of value - which will in itself make the coin be backup better than Gold since it will have more than Gold backing it up. I have very high hopes for ETH or one of the derivatives.

Have you actually tried LN?

Or fork/segwit and survive indefinitely.

Or fork/segwit and survive indefinitely.

if it forked and kept the btc name i have no dought it would survive. i dont think that will ever happen. if a great for comes out and doesnt have the btc name i would bet it would drag the btc coin to the ground and maybe survive. as for that segwit for it just reaked of curruption after the fact

Ahem. HODL!

Also, in my opinion it has been a favorable 'buy' market. Just depends on your outlook, I guess. It's about as volatile as it gets - which is my flavor - but it is not for everyone.

I sold out a month ago and have been riding the high low dips on XRP to the tune of about doubling my money again.
Been great for me.

For whatever reason XRP has a fairly consistent pattern going and like I said it's been great for me.

If you like short term money games, there is a pretty significant pattern developing right now where coins drop about 5-10% then rebound for a shortwhile before dropping again. There is a lot of money to be made in those 5-10% blips considering a normal investment (not bitcoin) merely offers a few % per year typically.

It has been rough watching my bitcoin wallet pound sand for the last 3 weeks, I won't lie. Several of the smaller coins I dumped some money into that had nice gains are down to small gains for the most part, but still up over the last 6 months so I'm not fire sale territory yet. When I start going below original investment prices I'll start to think over what coins I still have a decent amount of money in, and if they should be long term or just to get out of them and find something more dependable for a year cycle.

Lol, yeah. Pretty please, with sugar on top! This week is off to a brutal start to say the least...

If you like short term money games, there is a pretty significant pattern developing right now where coins drop about 5-10% then rebound for a shortwhile before dropping again. There is a lot of money to be made in those 5-10% blips considering a normal investment (not bitcoin) merely offers a few % per year typically.

It has been rough watching my bitcoin wallet pound sand for the last 3 weeks, I won't lie. Several of the smaller coins I dumped some money into that had nice gains are down to small gains for the most part, but still up over the last 6 months so I'm not fire sale territory yet. When I start going below original investment prices I'll start to think over what coins I still have a decent amount of money in, and if they should be long term or just to get out of them and find something more dependable for a year cycle.

It's been like a youtube stock market video how well the patterns seem to be lining up. It's been easier and easier for me to buy in, set my sell price and walk away and make money. The random massive crashes scared the shit out of me so I had to set alerts on my phone, which ties me to my phone like a teenage girl, or my wife.

I forgot my phone the other day and I had damn near a full on panic attack, I haven't given a shit about my phone since I was myspace pimpin in the good old days.

Take a look at historical data on crypto prices at the beginning of the Chinese New Year. For the last few years at the start of the Chinese New Year crypto prices take a serious dump. They then rebound slowly, back to pre-selloff levels and higher after six to eight weeks...

I hope this is true, but there is absolutely no reason to believe this will happen again. The crypto landscape has changed immensely in the last 12 months.

Have you actually tried LN?

Lightning Network does not make Bitcoin faster. People need to stop repeating this.

Lightning Network is a workaround that postpones having to deal with Bitcoin's slowness between two parties in a very specific situation. It does not in any way make Bitcoin suddenly competitive with Ethereum or any of the other hundreds of currencies that perform better than Bitcoin.

well, China banned crypto now excluding access to external exchanges too, so things have changed. Happy Chinese New Year!

so like half the nethash on any given coin is coming from China. doesn't seem mining itself is blocked but how are the Chinese miners gonna trade their coin stashes for fiat?

maybe they'll use mules with flash drives up their bums and smuggle across to HK or Macau to trade. crypto, the new drug.

I think the hits will just keep coming. Bitfinex and the hole Tether scam thing going to come to a head
soon. When that happens i expect to see a real sale off.

I got a sinking feeling that before this is over we will be back to early 2017 levels for btc.

I mean I'm totally a small-beans in this whole thing, but eh, I'm subsidizing my heating costs (although my heat pump is3x more effective at heat/W input), so I'll take a long position on btc. Curious to see what happens. Clearly, with some exception, but not much, the entire cryptocurrency market is tied together.

Edited for clarity, no ninjas. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Parja
like this
The crypto landscape has changed immensely in the last 12 months.

On the flipside, this statement has never not been true. But I will say recent changes may have been the most immense to date.

On the flipside, this statement has never not been true. But I will say recent changes may have been the most immense to date.
Then you aren't zoomed out enough, because they aren't.

Lightning Network does not make Bitcoin faster. People need to stop repeating this.

Lightning Network is a workaround that postpones having to deal with Bitcoin's slowness between two parties in a very specific situation. It does not in any way make Bitcoin suddenly competitive with Ethereum or any of the other hundreds of currencies that perform better than Bitcoin.

Of course it is a workaround... however, there is no cap at how long you leave your funds off chain. Naturally Bitcoin is going to continue in the direction of a settlement vehicle, not a currency. Frankly, anyone that thought BTC could be a currency at 10 minute block times is kidding themselves. You would ideally need to see 15 second blocks or less to have a practical experience when shopping in person. Go ahead and support ETH, I won't because it goes against what crypto stands for. The ledger acts as a ledger for a reason, not to be changed just because some unforeseen events happen.

It's all cool. We're back to early December market cap.
I was very sceptical about 2018 giving us as much growth as 2017, but now the crypto has dropped so much that we might see another huge growth.

It's all cool. We're back to early December market cap.
I was very sceptical about 2018 giving us as much growth as 2017, but now the crypto has dropped so much that we might see another huge growth.

Yes - and Bitfenix won't be around to F it all up either with their fraud.

Fully expecting rebound and then some.

I agree completely. Ethereum needs to ascend to the top of the crypto valuation chart, where it belongs.

What's gross is a completely immutable ledger. You go to a bank and make a cash deposit, and the teller screws up and puts it in someone else's account. Does the bank say "sorry, the ledger is immutable"? No. You get your money and the other account gets debited, as it should be.

The world is made up of gray, it is what we live in. Treating every single thing as black or white may on the surface seem like it works, but it is a giant lie. Ethereum did the right thing by rolling back the DAO hack. It is what a fully functioning system does. A broken system is one that goes "meh, sorry for your luck" and goes on. That type of system is not one that people will trust or believe in.

I agree completely. Ethereum needs to ascend to the top of the crypto valuation chart, where it belongs.

What's gross is a completely immutable ledger. You go to a bank and make a cash deposit, and the teller screws up and puts it in someone else's account. Does the bank say "sorry, the ledger is immutable"? No. You get your money and the other account gets debited, as it should be.

The world is made up of gray, it is what we live in. Treating every single thing as black or white may on the surface seem like it works, but it is a giant lie. Ethereum did the right thing by rolling back the DAO hack. It is what a fully functioning system does. A broken system is one that goes "meh, sorry for your luck" and goes on. That type of system is not one that people will trust or believe in.

So then use a bank... there is no incentive to use a distributed ledger in your case.

Back