The Corsair One

I would never buy a pre-built, but I do think that's pretty sexy looking.

Quite an improvement over the Bulldog design, for sure, and definitely an impressive bit of engineering. Not in love with the negative pressure/lack of dust control, but I understand that wasn't really compatible with the single-fan ethos and size they were after.

The cooling system is proprietary, and even if the GPU is not proprietary, I'm not sure if the cooling system for the GPU will work with future upgrades.

The cooling system is proprietary, and even if the GPU is not proprietary, I'm not sure if the cooling system for the GPU will work with future upgrades.

GPU liquid is always a stretch, particularly in SFF. It's just two AIO's and the CPU is socketed.
I don't see how this is more proprietary than anything else?

GPU liquid is always a stretch, particularly in SFF. It's just two AIO's and the CPU is socketed.
I don't see how this is more proprietary than anything else?

The radiators themselves could be considered 'proprietary', but the pumps / water blocks look pretty standard…

Jump to 6:13 on the above video for shots of the interior of the chassis & the aforementioned pumps / water blocks…

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Honestly, THIS is what I have dreamed about for a SFF build; as compact a chassis as possible, but with independent AIOs for both CPU & GPU…

The only thing that could make this better would be if they bumped the volume up to 15L and increased the width by 50mm…

This would allow for two 120mm x 25mm fans to be on each radiator, and the fans would be controlled by the respective component (CPU or GPU)…

Add in a dust filter on each side that was easy to remove for cleaning & this would be the perfect SFF water cooled unit…!

If they are sell just case, i wanted to make a Ryzen 1800x + 1080 ti version for digital content creation.

Last edited:
Wait so there's two radiators... without fans? Just a single top fan? Which is perpendicular to the radiators? Am I getting this right? What happened to the "high pressure fans are important for watercooling rads" mantra?

Wait so there's two radiators... without fans? Just a single top fan? Which is perpendicular to the radiators? Am I getting this right? What happened to the "high pressure fans are important for watercooling rads" mantra?

You are right. A very interesting solution and the temps seem to be pretty good too. I would never buy prebuilt either, but if I did, this would be the one I buy

Reactions: RosaJ
like this
13.4 liters - that's pretty small. I thought it'd be a lot bigger based on the photo(s) I remember seeing from various CES coverages. They tended to focus on the front, which I thought looked dull.

On Corsair's site I see configurations with air-cooled 1070 or water-cooled 1080 Ti. I imagine you could use any GPU as long as it fits physically and can be powered and cooled sufficiently. Some GPU coolers might not work well in the vertical orientation.

For some reason the PSU fan faces inwards, so the PSU itself ends up blocking a significant portion of the CPU radiator when it could intake through it instead.

it does look kinda interesting, but of course, someone could just build a better system inside a ft03mini and, it would also look even better so...

it does look kinda interesting, but of course, someone could just build a better system inside a ft03mini and, it would also look even better so...

I wouldn't be so sure.
Part of the allure here is the radiator, dual AiO solution.

That will be challenging to emulate.

That 'mantra' as you call it is based on best performance. A radiator itself does not necessarily require a fan, it just performs better the more cool air flows over it. The way this system works, is it pulls air in from the sides through the radiator and out the top. That is what the negative pressure air flow is about discussed earlier.

I wouldn't be so sure.
Part of the allure here is the radiator, dual AiO solution.

That will be challenging to emulate.

I disagree about the ft03mini, I think the Corsair One looks better, and as mentioned by Zangmonkey, the AIO solution in the Corsair One is sleek. The entire build is very clean and elegant. It's design with the water cooling would also make it quieter than the ft03mini with its side intake fan. The only thing I really shy away from here is the price. I would rather buy all the components separately and build it myself.

I disagree about the ft03mini, I think the Corsair One looks better, and as mentioned by Zangmonkey, the AIO solution in the Corsair One is sleek. The entire build is very clean and elegant. It's design with the water cooling would also make it quieter than the ft03mini with its side intake fan. The only thing I really shy away from here is the price. I would rather buy all the components separately and build it myself.

LinusTechTips points out that buying the same components (in an inferior case) saves you $200.
Now, $200 is nothing to sneeze at but it's just a 10% builder fee and then you have to branch out warranty to all the OEMs individually.

With the One, you spend $2200 instead of $2000, but it all comes in a quiet custom solution from a single vendor with a single warranty.
It's not garbage bottom-scraping parts like you'd get in a traditional OEM build.

With the One, you spend $2200 instead of $2000, but it all comes in a quiet custom solution from a single vendor with a single warranty.
It's not garbage bottom-scraping parts like you'd get in a traditional OEM build.

This. It's a surprisingly well-designed system for a shockingly reasonable cost.

If anybody comes to me adamant they need a prebuilt and I can't talk them into letting me build it for them, this is the computer I'm recommending from now on.

I have been asking for a machine with vertically mounted GPU and internal passthrough for some time now. About time that it was made.

The motherboard is a standard mini-ITX form factor with a riser cable in the PCIe slot.
But with the angle of the graphics card, this means that if there is only a riser cable, then it must be folded on the diagonal behind the motherboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
LinusTechTips points out that buying the same components (in an inferior case) saves you $200.
Now, $200 is nothing to sneeze at but it's just a 10% builder fee and then you have to branch out warranty to all the OEMs individually.

1) What if I already have components? Which I do
2) What about the fun of building systems? Which I have
3) You are telling me the Case and the 2 AIOs are worth $550 and then its worth it for me to pay 10% to have someone build the system when I have built hundreds myself?

I admit its a nice design and a decent deal compared to other places, but my points were based on my personal experience. Also we are in [H]ardOCP, not [P]honeItInSTOCK.

1) What if I already have components? Which I do
2) What about the fun of building systems? Which I have
3) You are telling me the Case and the 2 AIOs are worth $550 and then its worth it for me to pay 10% to have someone build the system when I have built hundreds myself?

I admit its a nice design and a decent deal compared to other places, but my points were based on my personal experience. Also we are in [H]ardOCP, not [P]honeItInSTOCK.

Then this isn't a product targeted at you. So? No prebuilt, SFF or otherwise, will be.

It's not a product aimed at any of us either, I imagine... but we probably all know at least somebody who has more money than sense and, for whatever reason ("It's too hard even though I've never done it" "I want to know that I'm covered by a warranty [as if]" "I don't have the time to figure out a custom build") is going to buy a prebuilt.

For those people, we now have an option that gives us a little bit of peace of mind when we recommend it, because it's both a nice bit of engineering and a relatively reasonable deal.

Surely that's nothing but a positive thing?

Then this isn't a product targeted at you. So? No prebuilt, SFF or otherwise, will be.

It's not a product aimed at any of us either, I imagine... but we probably all know at least somebody who has more money than sense and, for whatever reason ("It's too hard even though I've never done it" "I want to know that I'm covered by a warranty [as if]" "I don't have the time to figure out a custom build") is going to buy a prebuilt.

For those people, we now have an option that gives us a little bit of peace of mind when we recommend it, because it's both a nice bit of engineering and a relatively reasonable deal.

I honestly don't understand these responses.
I have built countless computers, [H]ard ones, soft ones... I enjoy it... But this device is absolutely aimed at prosumers.

It's entirely upgradeable (except the coolers) and uses high end hardware
It deploys in an ensemble that you likely couldn't reproduce on your own, with a superior warranty to what you would otherwise get, for an extremely modest premium.

We should be lauding Corsair.

I am lauding Corsair.

That being said, I would argue that you're wrong about it's upgradability.

Not only does merely opening it up break the warranty, but it's so tightly crammed in there that it would be almost as much of a pain to work on as a Mac.

Read what I wrote again; I pretty much was straight up defending this little thing, saying that it has its' market. (Which you're absolutely correct, is prosumers.)

Last edited:
Not using m.2 is a serious miss

I know, right?
Considering this motherboard does have m2, and they could use the case central plate for heat dissipation I'm sure Corsair will begin to offer it eventually.

hint: what makes a system better than others is not the cooling, and a few leds doesnt make a system look more "clean and elegant". but it is interesting, more aimed for kids though.

And yet it is here in the [H]arforums that we are discussing it. I gave my opinions based on its worth to me. I also said positive things about it. So what exactly are you arguing?

And yet it is here in the [H]arforums that we are discussing it. I gave my opinions based on its worth to me. I also said positive things about it. So what exactly are you arguing?

I suppose I'm arguing this, when it comes down to it:

Even if they don't appear to hold value to us here in [H], surely it's valuable for us to know about prebuilts like these for when we're approached by other people?

I don't know about you, but I find myself helping people shop for a new computer every few months. Often I can convince them to build their own, with the promise of guidance, but sometimes they're stubborn and want something right now, hassle free.

At that point, isn't it useful to have knowledge of prebuilts, especially SFF ones, and to have the merits and design flaws debated by those of us who know what we're talking about?

Of course we already have parts, and of course we love building computers, but not everybody does, and being able to point them to the best options and explaining what makes it unique is part of getting 'normal' people to start appreciating their technology and interacting with it beyond the level of lights on a box.

I suppose I'm arguing this, when it comes down to it:

Even if they don't appear to hold value to us here in [H], surely it's valuable for us to know about prebuilts like these for when we're approached by other people?

I don't know about you, but I find myself helping people shop for a new computer every few months. Often I can convince them to build their own, with the promise of guidance, but sometimes they're stubborn and want something right now, hassle free.

At that point, isn't it useful to have knowledge of prebuilts, especially SFF ones, and to have the merits and design flaws debated by those of us who know what we're talking about?

Of course we already have parts, and of course we love building computers, but not everybody does, and being able to point them to the best options and explaining what makes it unique is part of getting 'normal' people to start appreciating their technology and interacting with it beyond the level of lights on a box.
This! I "often" encourage my friends to go from ATX<ITX, and they really want to, but they often have to change every part of their PC (outdated gpu, and the rest are too big etc.), and several have asked me of prebuilds - this would definitely be a possibility :)

Unlike many pre-builds, once you are done with this One, you would at least Be left with a pretty good SFX power supply for your next build, right? But looks like it would be more difficult to do upgrades in this One, than in pre-builds that use air-cooled GPUs. I think this is a pretty solid choice for someone who is taking their first steps away from laptops, but isn't willing to build their own yet.

I'm thinking of jumping on the TI version once it's back in stock. I want WC but I'm too lazy to try and fit it all/design it all inside a SFF case.

why? unless you are running databases you won't really feel the difference between NVMe and SATA. I know the benchmarks but those are not real life.

For me it's just because I don't want more wires in the case than I need, and there's no reason for me to make a $50 compromise in such an expensive build.

why? unless you are running databases you won't really feel the difference between NVMe and SATA. I know the benchmarks but those are not real life.
Real life, I can totally feel the difference of loading 2000 40MB RAW files off of nvme vs sata into an editor.

Real life, I can totally feel the difference of loading 2000 40MB RAW files off of nvme vs sata into an editor.

So that's 80GB and yeah that's 1 vs 2 minutes or so? That's a very interesting thing to do though, loading 2k files at once.

So that's 80GB and yeah that's 1 vs 2 minutes or so? That's a very interesting thing to do though, loading 2k files at once.
Well, it hurts even more flipping through those 2000 images and doing non-destructive editing via a sqlite database. The lower latency of nvme means I can edit about 300 photos per hour vs 100 on sata.

But yeah, you have to read all 2000 files, generate jpeg thumbnails, make lens correction and curve edits on import and store that info in a database, then generate a new jpeg preview for the image with the changes applied, then present that to the user. It's pretty I/O intensive.

Last edited:
why? unless you are running databases you won't really feel the difference between NVMe and SATA.

Well, it hurts even more flipping through those 2000 images and doing non-destructive editing via a sqlite database.

Cough. But yes, if you are doing heavy audio / photo / video then it's likely NVMe will do it for you.

I would say most people though buy them as if their games would speed up. Please.

I would say most people though buy them as if their games would speed up. Please.

B…b…but muh map load times…!!!

EDIT:

OH S#!T…! My All Hail Satan post…!! Number 666…!!!

Back