The Corsair Gallery

Corsair 400R "firefly" case mod.

i7 920, EVGA 560ti, EVGA X58 Classified, 12GB Corsair DOMINATOR GT, Corsair 850W and Corsair H100 which were sent along with the stock case from Corsair. The hardware will be updated by Corsair before the "firefly" ships to their Hotel Suite for the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Jan 10th - 14th.

firefly_serenity_pc_case_mod_store_mnpctech1.jpg

firefly_serenity_pc_case_mod_store_mnpctech3.jpg

So... incredibly.... win... [drool]

incredible job Turbogeek...I love how you cleaned up the front side and installed your ssd there...sleeve color is awesome and that window finishes it up nicely!
A tad bit jealous lol...

incredible job Turbogeek...I love how you cleaned up the front side and installed your ssd there...sleeve color is awesome and that window finishes it up nicely!
A tad bit jealous lol...

thanks! you know in all honesty, the color combo didn't turn out exactly like I had hoped. I need a break, but I may dive back in and change up the sleeving a bit (tho not a total redo)

thank you I made the covers from acrylic. My first time working with it. It's a lot more fun to work with than I anticipated.

just finished about 2 hours ago.

You know, Turbogeek, I've noticed that you posted your rig in a ton of threads. All I have to say is...

... if my rig looked that tight, I would too. :) Solid work, man. The bar is officially raised.

You know, Turbogeek, I've noticed that you posted your rig in a ton of threads. All I have to say is...

... if my rig looked that tight, I would too. :) Solid work, man. The bar is officially raised.

er, yeah, I think I got a little carried away with the posting....
oh well

thanks for the compliment!

Just ordered an Asus Sabertooth 990FX and a Corsair 400R... Now to wait the whole weekend for the 2 day shipping meh!

I built this rig in December of 2010 but have done some upgrading since then... Specs are as follows

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel Core i7-970 (6-core, 12-thread) OC'd @ 4.00 GHz
Cooler: Corsair H100
PSU: Corsair HX850W
GPUs: EVGA GTX570 Superclocked + BFG GTS250 (The 250 is used to output to my TV in the living room for when I watch movies and stuff... I also use it for phys-x).
RAM: 24GB DDR3 @ 1604 MHz (12GB of Mushkin Blackline Frostbyte which I purchased, and then 12GB or Corsair Vengeance which I got for free from Intel in December).
Storage: 2x Intel X-25M SSD's in RAID0, 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda

It's the first time I've stayed with the same CPU for over a year but I really don't see any need to upgrade it. I'll probably jump on Ivy-Bridge in June and upgrade the GPU's to a pair of 670's / 680's while I can still get some decent cash for this current gear. I'm also going to look at either sleeving my cables or ordering bitfenix extensions to tidy up some more. It's not too bad, but the colored wires on the 24-pin and the 6/8 pin PCI-E connectors bugs me a bit.

SAM_1857.jpg

SAM_1855.jpg

SAM_1849.jpg

Last edited:
so here's my new build with absolutely no mods whatsoever. weird, i know. still thought it was pretty cool looking and it's got lots of corsair goodies. i posted this in the post pics of your rig section before i saw this thread. seems more appropriate here. so here it is.

gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
core i5 2500k
16gb corsair vengeance
2 x gigabyte gv-r695OC (crossfire)
2 x corsair force gt 120 (raid 0)
1 x wd 2tb green
corsair graphite 600t case
corsair ax850 psu
cooler master v8

423952_2795348007505_1372615572_32070562_1892723896_n.jpg

423655_2795083280887_1372615572_32070377_1540108935_n.jpg

421110_2795085400940_1372615572_32070378_1000676432_n.jpg

419376_2795090681072_1372615572_32070381_734736215_n.jpg

the cabling on the back is ridiculous. i thought that was where you were supposed to hide all your ugly cables from the front side.

This thread REALLY makes me want to replace my lian li lancool PC-K62. Corsair is just on a whole different level of "elegance."

Does anyone have any idea what turbogeek made his hard drive bay and PSU covers out of? Acrylic possibly? Im not trying to copy the guy just want to implement my own ideas and at least cover my fugly PSU cables. What about that photo of the back, It looks like all the fans are connected to something is the bottom left? what is that? http://cdn.overclock.net/9/94/600x450px-LL-94924065_P1010965.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea what turbogeek made his hard drive bay and PSU covers out of? Acrylic possibly? Im not trying to copy the guy just want to implement my own ideas and at least cover my fugly PSU cables. What about that photo of the back, It looks like all the fans are connected to something is the bottom left? what is that? http://cdn.overclock.net/9/94/600x450px-LL-94924065_P1010965.jpeg

he made the cover out of acrylic
thank you I made the covers from acrylic. My first time working with it. It's a lot more fun to work with than I anticipated.

and the thing in the back is a distribution block for the fans

2s94plk.jpg
This Corsair System is currently *WIP* a few of my water cooling parts came in today.Just figured i would get that sorted out first,along with a digital PSU tester from Antec ;)..Other Important components mobo,psu,processor etc etc will have in the coming months.

If your wondering about the 1200 i just got done fixing that one up with a New PSU fan and graphics card..everything is currently running smooth ;)

what is the reason for the distribution block besides wire management? I have the same corsair 600t with a built in fan controller and I wanted to know if there is a way to use a distribution block and still have the cases built in fan controller remain functional

Im almost done with cables for my corsair 600T and being that its my first ever build I figured I would have a go at sleeving my own cables as well. Guys a few of the pin slot were stubborn and I ended up ruining the stops in the slot that catch the metal prongs which hold the pin in place. I put a dab of crazy glue right where the sleeving ends just under the actual pin. Does anyone object to this method? I would rather not have to buy more cables to sleeve, Im just concerned and curious if the gluing method is "safe".

Many thanks in Advanced

Last edited:
Im almost done with cables for my corsair 600T and being that its my first ever build I figured I would have a go at sleeving my own cables as well. Guys a few of the pin slot were stubborn and I ended up ruining the stops in the slot that catch the metal prongs which hold the pin in place. I put a dab of crazy glue right where the sleeving ends just under the actual pin. Does anyone object to this method? I would rather not have to buy more cables to sleeve, Im just concerned and curious if the gluing method is "safe".

Many thanks in Advanced

I personally wouldn't chance it. Get a crimper and the proper pins and redo it rather than take a chance shorting something out when the glue lets go. Here's the crimper I use http://ftwpc.com/cables-and-sleeving/sleeving-tools/sleeving-tools/ftw-pc-crimping-tool.html and a selection of pins http://ftwpc.com/cables-and-sleeving/sleeving-tools/crimp-contacts.html .

just thought I would share with you all the Temp Gadget I'm tinkering with...

SideBar.png

or this one?

sidebar2.png

SDC11972.jpg

SDC12015.jpg

Last edited:
Back