The correct way of applying thermal paste

I am pretty sure neither of those people in that video have ever built a computer before.

+1 for having the CPU fan blow down towards the video card. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I am pretty sure neither of those people in that video have ever built a computer before.

+1 for having the CPU fan blow down towards the video card. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

if they have built a computer before I would hate to see its operating temps lmao

could just be me, but I would actually reshoot the video or at the very least edit that part out....

7:30-9:00 was sweet. I might clip that and send it to my friends. Almost used the whole tube.

On top of that they mounted the heat sink in the wrong direction if you're actually going to put it in a case. They mounted it in a way where the cpu will exhaust the hot air on the gpu instead of having it go out through the back of the case... That's another big face palm right there if you ask me. On top of that I just realized that their top exhaust case fan and the cpu fan will be fighting for air too, as they're blowing in opposite directions.

Can someone tell the proper way to install a heatsink and applying thermal paste also.. etc with picture/video also?

Think I've might have done something wrong.. :O lol

I don't think there really is a proper way to apply thermal paste. I just do the line method. When installing the heatsink, just screw the four corners down a bit at a time, moving from opposite corner to opposite corner.

In all seriousness, back when I built and over locked gaming machines, people would look at the tiny drop of thermal paste I would apply in the dead-centre of the CPU IHS and tell me: "That's not enough! They system will overheat!!!" Then I would remove the heat synch to reveal a perfect circle of coverage from edge-to-edge on the IHS. My temps were also awesome.

not a fan of the direct touch heat sinks they seem to need alot more compound to fill the grooves

"Next we want to show you how to watercool your pc!"

/Dumps pc in bucket of water.

i just put a drop a paste and slap the cooler on the heat and force of pushing the cooler on will do the job for you. never had any issues doing that

not a fan of the direct touch heat sinks they seem to need alot more compound to fill the grooves
True that, they need a lot of TIM to run but they are effective. Watch as that 1g tube disappears in between those heatpipes never to be heard from again :D

Not only do they apply the TIM wrong, they pooch the mount trying to figure out how to bolt it on, making bubbles in the TIM in the process. They may be associated with a wellknown website but wow. Casual users putting their stuff together probably won't know the difference but optimal this definitely is not.

And to think that doubtless there are unsuspecting newbies who watch this and have no idea the clusterfuck they're witnessing...

Soooooo....

Companies send these folks equipment (for free?!?!) and these two are paid leafy green spendy american money for making what I guess is supposed to be a tutorial on how to install their products?

Guess thats what you get when a persons hardware installing ability is judged by his facebook page.

Couldn't make it much farther than the heatsink install... Might as well have used a paper towel to "spread" the TIM around......... hurts....my....inner.....nerd.....to....watch....

Thank god there were no flat brimmed ballcaps in this video. (or were there? like I said I could only make it to the heatsink part....)

Roofles i'd love to watch a "how to overclock" video from these pros.

Step one, start computer.

Step two, find bundled software with motherboard and click the big green button that says EXTREEEEEEEEEEM!

Depends on how well-machined they are.

I've had some direct-touch heatsinks that were so well-produced that the base almost felt perfectly flat, even when running a fingernail over it.

The one they're handling looks particularly bad...

Back