"The computer restarted unexpectedly encountered error Window install cannot proceed

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
This is a very frustrating error. I am upgrading from XP SP2 to Windows 7. The computer hangs at "completing installation" and then restarts with this error. I have reinstalled XP and I still get this error. For the love of me I cannot install windows 7. :mad: I downloaded the iso from Digital River. The software is fine because I tried it but didnt activate it on my Lappy.

E6400@ 3.2Ghz...try @ stock speeds

This.

Also I have had luck with other Gigabyte boards where I remove all but a single DIMM of RAM for the install of windows.

Also see if you can turn off AHCI or other advanced processor / drive features.

I agree with the first reply. Your overclock isn’t as stable as you thought.

As for what the second guy has to say. I am all for disabling anything you won’t use in the bios. But if you are just looking to get to the bottom of the issue you’re having do yourself a favor and only change one thing at a time.

What he is on about gigabyte and using one stick of ram I don’t know. The only thing that comes to mind was a problem some people experience with Vista pre SP1 installs. But I never had that problem even with my gigabyte boards.

As stated above, the run at stock and rule that out first. Then check your ram. I've had this message lead me to bad memory before.

Back