The Charachorder Keyboard is too Fast for Competition

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Ran across this gem of an article on Hackaday regarding a interesting keyboard design. Videos show the founder hitting over 500+ wpm. I honestly want one as it would be a great tool for typing out a response lightning fast.

Hackaday said:
The Charachorder resembles a pair of rock climbing holds connected with a length of extruded aluminum. Each hold has nine little golf tee-looking joysticks sprouting out of it, which take the place of keys. Charachorder keyboard has 3D switches.There are three golf tees for the thumb to wiggle, four for the fingers, and two extras beneath the middle and ring fingers for arrow keys and mouse control.

Charachorder-inner.gif

Since I am young that I day dream of doing such a keyboard, one that you can have the hand at the hand of the chair or the desk, both hands and pedals should give you all the keys + shortcut for the common coding stuff (characther, function, windows-code manipulation).

Faster is always better, but I feel like it really wouldn't benefit me much.
I don't feel like my typing speed is a bottleneck very often.

I can type 150 wpm doing typing tests where you read and type, but when I type something as I am thinking it I type even faster, probably 200+ wpm. But maybe the typing is slowing down my thinking 🤔

Even if I could type 1000 wpm I feel like it wouldn't even save me a minute per day.

First Me: I'm not bottlenecked by typing speed.

Also me: Zealios, plebes. I will type at the same speed, but can look down upon you with my glorious switches.

Back