The Camaro Personal Computer

Youd think theyd put the wi-fi internally instead of having a silly aerial (not pictured) hanging out the back...

I don't know, but the specs might be good, i've never heard of invidia however... They are all about Camaro level :D Could be used for a game server...or...excel.

Why can't you get it in pink!?

I got an email about this releasing back in July and the specs turned me off as well, even though my fiance and I both liked the looks. The price wasn't too great as well imo, even if it is a custom case etc.

Too bad it's not a bit bigger with an option to by just a case so you could mod it yourself to make it something worth showing off and using as well. oh well, one can dream. :(

If there is one site that would find a product like this, I figured it would be this one.

The link redirects me towards the home page, and I can't find the Camaro PC in their listings. Did they pull it? Can anyone else confirm?

Wow, did anybody read this ?

"Intel® ION™ graphic processors enhance your screen with 1080p resolution and speeds up to 10x faster than comparable systems. Experience fluid and vivid high-definition playback, along with full web browsing, e-mail, and other applications on an unprecedentedly small platform. Harness the power of the dual core with NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD technology for high-definition DVD playback."

What? Intel ION? Harness the power of dual core with NVIDIA PureVideo?

A real joke that is...

Wonder what kind of development $ went into that? Seems like it appeals most to hardcore chevy/camaro fans.

Guys like us likely wouldn't be caught dead paying that kind of money for specs of this calibur :)

Eh, wake me up when they make one that looks like a 70's Camero and randomly plays quotes from Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I have a couple of old non working R/Cs. A Ferrari Testarossa and a F-150.

Might be an interesting mod. The F-150 is bigger, I'm pretty sure I can fit an ITX mobo in it.

So they put a $200 motherboard into a $40 model car, and tacked on $1000 markup?

Uh........... :confused:

Looks pretty sweet... but too bad it sucks as a computer.

It looks cool, although it would've been better to show it as yellow (Bumblebee).

WTF on the Camaro PC having a VGA out instead of DVI out? Yeah, I know it has HDMI.

Newegg has the same thing cheaper, only in red or black though. - $560.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...egory=309&Manufactory=13660&SpeTabStoreType=1

Nice find. Funny reviews of it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856502001

Pros: Red.
Fast.
More horsepower than Civic computers.

Cons: MPG sucks.

Other Thoughts: I added a Type-R sticker and I swear my computer boots twice as fast now. This is definitely a keeper.

Pros: As the previous reviewer stated, this thing can smoke any Civic-shaped PC out there. I did add a little fast and furious data transfer though by switching from SATA to VTEC. The thing really comes alive when transferring 4.7GB files.

Cons: I live where it snows and this thing is a little scary booting up in the winter as the thing scrambles for traction during the POST. Guys with Mullets are constantly wanting to trade games with me...

Other Thoughts: My only fear is that someone with a PC Rides Mustang or Subaru WRX STi computer will beat me to the log in prompt. All in all, it makes me feel good that I bought American, even though every bit of it was made in China.

Pros: As the previous reviewer stated, this thing can smoke any Civic-shaped PC out there. I did add a little fast and furious data transfer though by switching from SATA to VTEC. The thing really comes alive when transferring 4.7GB files.

Cons: I live where it snows and this thing is a little scary booting up in the winter as the thing scrambles for traction during the POST. Guys with Mullets are constantly wanting to trade games with me...

Other Thoughts: My only fear is that someone with a PC Rides Mustang or Subaru WRX STi computer will beat me to the log in prompt. All in all, it makes me feel good that I bought American, even though every bit of it was made in China.

ROFL:D

Newegg has had them for weeks! if you want an ion netop to sit near your TV and be a conversation piece for guests then go for it. for $900 you could get a real computer! :D

and it's overclocked...........

DSCF5314.jpg

I imagine a burnout in that Camaro is a lot less fun than in a real one.

after intense benchmarking I can safely say that the "overclocking" has successfully increased the GPM...so I bought a gas station!.........hahaha

Back