The Callisto Protocol (survival/horror)

I'm going wait on reviews that one chick at IGN wasn't a fan of the controls.

In just 3 minutes of real gameplay there were some obvious laughable physics issues and even some clipping. Call me picky but that is a pretty buggy showing for such a short amount of gameplay. Also do the guns shoot rubber bullets? I hate when games have melee weapons do way more damage than a magazine full of bullets.

Last edited:
In just 3 minutes of real gameplay there were some obvious laughable physics issues and even some clipping. Call me picky but that is a pretty buggy showing for such a short amount of gameplay. Also do the guns shoot rubber bullets? I hate when games have melee weapons do way more damage than a magazine full of bullets.

Bad physics are really immersion breaking in horror games.

Lol. Hopefully the jiggly bits get polished out. I'll still buy it regardless because we don't get this type of game very often but it might reduce the amount I'm willing to fork over.

Coincidentally, I've stumbled across a couple of things like that during my current playthrough of the original Dead Space - likely because the game wasn't designed for >60Hz. I've noticed that sometimes when I load a saved game, some aspects of the ragdoll physics (or at least their sounds) will be in chaos lol. Like if I recently exploded an enemy in an adjacent room, a couple of times when I've loaded my save I can hear the chaos of body parts hitting surfaces, things squishing, etc. lol. Like that stray appendage that kept flapping at 2:47 in the video above. It's not game-ruining by any means, but will detract a bit from the experience if not buffed out.

The sound system they used is amazing really Real lifelike sounding. Alot of games don't have that ambient immersion going on.

Last edited:
Preload is 44GB for the Series X version. Preload for the PC version should be live tomorrow. Have read that it's around 70GB on PC.

I'm about 95% sure going to buy this right away, but I'm still a little nervous about performance. I plan to be on the hunt for reviews as soon as their NDA passes.
Since it's on UE4 I'm worried about the stuttering that is typical with games running on that engine.

A season pass for a single player game?

And people are... Happy about it?

We deserve to be taken advantage of.

Preload is up but haven't purchased the game. It might be a sure bet but not one of those games I gotta have. Let alone have time to play it.

so the death animations locked behind the Season Pass will only be featured in the new modes coming out in 2023- Contagion Bundle and Riot Bundle and also future story DLC?...so the new animations will not be retroactively placed into the base game after its release?

I picked it up again saw enough footage where it can't totally bomb looking for the Twitch leaked playthrough but I'll never find that.
Just picked up the regular version 80.00 is hard to stomach rather buy some DDR5 or something before that.

I picked it up again saw enough footage where it can't totally bomb looking for the Twitch leaked playthrough but I'll never find that.
Just picked up the regular version 80.00 is hard to stomach rather buy some DDR5 or something before that.
Watch enough video to make sure it's gonna be worth the money, but I'd caution against viewing any playthroughs, leaked or otherwise. This game is going to have some epic moments - why spoil them?

Given the cost of the game and the fact that you worry about having enough time to play it, you could always wait for a sale...best of both worlds?

I maybe watched 10 minutes of Gameplay at different sections on maybe 15 different videos.

Last edited:
so 25 new death animations with the upcoming DLC packs?...how many death animations are included in the base game?...that should be a good way of determining the value of it

review embargo lifts tomorrow, after the game is officially released...hopefully that's not a bad sign...I'm guessing scores will average in the 8 range

I'm hoping that at some point (tomorrow?) CDKeys will also have a price-reduction. As of right now, they're selling keys for less than a buck off retail price.

so the game supports hybrid ray traced shadows as well as ray traced reflections (PC)...sounds good on paper but why are the Recommended System requirements so low?...only a GTX 1070?...I think the upcoming Dead Space remake is going to be the better looking game (the lighting already looks better in the Dead Space trailers)

although I'm sure Callisto will have the better horror elements...I'm going to need to see some reviews on Callisto before buying on Day 1

so the game supports hybrid ray traced shadows as well as ray traced reflections (PC)...sounds good on paper but why are the Recommended System requirements so low?...only a GTX 1070?...I think the upcoming Dead Space remake is going to be the better looking game (the lighting already looks better in the Dead Space trailers)

although I'm sure Callisto will have the better horror elements...I'm going to need to see some reviews on Callisto before buying on Day 1
I'm going to wait for the pre-order crowd to play it and see what they think before I'd buy. The DS remake being $60 is just a bit too much for me, I've already beat that game 3 times or so.

It's apparently an AMD title as there's no Nvidia GR driver. That may or may not matter, but it's just worth noting.

It's apparently an AMD title as there's no Nvidia GR driver. That may or may not matter, but it's just worth noting.
https://nitter.1d4.us/AMDGaming/status/1554469236327817216
1669911078653.png

AMD sponsored titles usually mean rough performance for Nvidia users until a few patches and a few drivers are released (especially in regards to ray-tracing)...plus AMD RT usually is a low budget RT implementation...I'm looking forward to the Digital Foundry PC breakdown tomorrow

Denuvo, meh.

I guess we can expect a stuttering shitshow at launch. Hopefully i'm wrong.
And in how many games has Denuvo actually been proven to cause stuttering? If you're worried about stuttering then it's likely to come from the unreal engine that has stutter in over 3/4 of the games that use it.

Last edited:
I'm about 95% sure going to buy this right away, but I'm still a little nervous about performance. I plan to be on the hunt for reviews as soon as their NDA passes.
Same here.. I'm gonna be away from home for the month though so taking my PS5 and playing on there. $70 sucks on there though, esp. right after buying God of War, which I still have to beat, so not buying until I finish that anyways. Can't wait to play this in the dark with a headset though; the only way I played Dead Space and loved it. Really hoping the sound design here is as good or better than DS was.

And in how many games has Denuvo actually been proven to cause stuttering? If you're worried about stuttering then it's likely to come from the unreal engine that has stutter in over 3/4 of the games that use it.
Resident Evil Village, I never really had a bad experience with a game that had Denuvo though.

I don't know about stuttering, but AC: Origins was a real shit show when it first dropped because of Denuvo.

Resident Evil Village, I never really had a bad experience with a game that had Denuvo though.
I had a feeling someone would give that for an example but that actually had nothing to do with Denuvo and was Capcom's own additional DRM that was causing the issue.

I had a feeling someone would give that for an example but that actually had nothing to do with Denuvo and was Capcom's own additional DRM that was causing the issue.
I wasn't really gaming at the time, I was just going based off what I remember in the news.

Pre-load ready, I’m off tomorrow so going in blind first thing in the morning! I really hope this is one of the few releases we get these days that hit the ground running on day one!

I had bought it a couple months back for 47 bucks on a key site I have used many times but they just sent me an email saying that they don't have any stock now. When I bought it back then all the key sites had it for around that price but now every site is asking full price or higher which seems odd.

Destroyed by reviewers.

7/10 at overhyped IGN
5/10 at gamespot

Bargain bin purchase at best. 8 hour campaign for 60 bucks in 2022. No way jose.

Destroyed by reviewers.

7/10 at overhyped IGN
5/10 at gamespot

Bargain bin purchase at best. 8 hour campaign for 60 bucks in 2022. No way jose.
Yeah it seems mediocre at best and 8 to 9 hours is bit of a let down if I have to pay anywhere near full price.

I am about to see what this guy says and I normally love his reviews.

Back