The Callisto Protocol (survival/horror)

Shame this game is not 1st person, ah well
Have you ever even played Dead Space? Third person works perfectly for a game like this. 15 to 20 years ago I used to hate third person games now I cannot stand first person games. Most first person games actually make me feel a bit nauseous especially if they have a lot of action and fast movement.

Have you ever even played Dead Space? Third person works perfectly for a game like this. 15 to 20 years ago I used to hate third person games now I cannot stand first person games. Most first person games actually make me feel a bit nauseous especially if they have a lot of action and fast movement.
No, I skip 3rd person games for the most part just can't get immersed in them

https://store.skybound.com/products...um=glamorshot&utm_campaign=collectors_edition

Callisto.png

This project is just so far out in left field from what I'd think their next project would be, and I think that intrigues me even more. Let's just hope we don't have another Cyberpunk release because of that.

Definitely will be checking this out.

This project is just so far out in left field from what I'd think their next project would be, and I think that intrigues me even more. Let's just hope we don't have another Cyberpunk release because of that.

Definitely will be checking this out.
Game Informer had an interview with Schofield where he talked about going on a vacation and wanting to write his next game. He realized it was a lot like Dead Space, but decided to own that type of story as his identity. I'm excited to see what he has created being unbound by the EA tendrils regardless if its Dead Space heritage is worn on the sleeve.

the melee looks HEFTY

I didn't expect the heavy melee focus and it's kind of cracking me up

"everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - the main character moments before chin checking a biophage abomination.

I hope there's a hotkey to yell Worldstar as you start throwing hands

Last edited:
Is this going to be like those souls like games or is it an actual melee shooter? I am so sick of souls nonsense in everything these days.
Lol, I finally just warmed up to it. I'd expect this to stick with the Dead Space formula though, a survival horror shooter.

Brutality in Horror Cinema & The Callisto Protocol- Mastering Horror Docuseries Ep. 1

Lmao, these guys get it. That video is WELL worth a watch for horror fans.

The newer DOOM games, although a different genre, did a good job with that 'brutality' aspect, too. Just over-the-top violence and savagery, lol.

I can't frickin' wait for this one, the next few months + new GPUs are going to be a sweet time for gaming. Now Nightdive needs to hurry the heck up with the SS Remake...they were saying they were very close but the last Kickstarter update I have is from Sept 2. Crossing fingers for some time this year but man it's been a haul.

Now Nightdive needs to hurry the heck up with the SS Remake...they were saying they were very close but the last Kickstarter update I have is from Sept 2. Crossing fingers for some time this year but man it's been a haul.

Steam is showing a March 2023 release date

AMD’s new RX 6000 'Raise the Game' bundle Offers The Callisto Protocol and Dead Island 2

Those who purchase an AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, 6900 XT, 6800 XT, 6800, 6750 XT, 6700 XT, 6700, 6650 XT, 6600 XT, or 6600 will get both The Callisto Protocol and Dead Island 2...those who buy a Radeon 6500 XT or 6400 will only get Dead Island 2...participating retailers in North America include the AMD Store, Amazon, Newegg, and Micro Center...

https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/raise-the-game

This looks great

Edit:
Some of the combat kind of cracks me up. It's so incredibly visceral - you're just fuckin throwing hands with grotesque monsters and rock-em-sock-em robots then prison shanking a shambling abomination with a rusty wrench.

Logic would dictate you should be afraid of the things that go bump in the dark hallway but our capable protagonist seems to have another mindset called punching shit in the fuckin mouth

Shit's awesome

Last edited:
This looks great

Edit:
Some of the combat kind of cracks me up. It's so incredibly visceral - you're just fuckin throwing hands with grotesque monsters and rock-em-sock-em robots then prison shanking a shambling abomination with a rusty wrench.

Logic would dictate you should be afraid of the things that go bump in the dark hallway but our capable protagonist seems to have another mindset called punching shit in the fuckin mouth

Shit's awesome

Monster said something about your mother, go get him 🫵

Wonder if they removed the Helmet to add to the character where in Dead space that is all you saw? Easier to convey emotions with animations with the Helmet off. If the Jump Scare tactic works well enough this game could be good.

Wonder if they removed the Helmet to add to the character where in Dead space that is all you saw? Easier to convey emotions with animations with the Helmet off. If the Jump Scare tactic works well enough this game could be good.

Dead Space you WERE Isaac, so you didn't see his face (except twice,) 2 & 3 they fleshed him out and gave him a voice and a face, so you're on the journey WITH Isaac.

I think that's what they wanted with this game and I'm cool with that.

Interesting. Worth noting, CDKeys isn't discounting this game, either. Well, no more than like $0.25. That's usually a way around games with pricey but worthwhile DLC.

The death animations might specifically tie into something DLC-specific (like a gun that knocks enemies down or makes them freeze/melt or whatever) that's less sinister than it sounds.

Imagine if it were like Diablo Immortal. You kill an enemy and the game pauses with a pop up telling you to pay $0.99 (limited time offer 90% off!) to view the death animation.

Back