The C70 Ammo Box

wgusler

n00b
Corsair made it look kinda like an ammo box, I went ahead and finished the job!
My son is in college and has his computer at school, so he needs one here for breaks and the summer. He is a COD and BF fan and is heading into the Marines after college so I liked the C70 ( and the green M56 mouse, just need a green K 70.)
Ordered the C70 and started hacking. First I made an aluminum panel to replace the side panel.

Then need to make it look like this:

So after painting the case ( color wasn't quite right), I had some stencils made:

Finished product:

Painted the DVD drive:

All back together :

And now for the finishing touches:
Pulled both side panels, loaded up the AR-15 and shot some holes in them! I just don't have the time for the dremel/ airbrush thing :).

Add a 50 round belt of M-9 .50 cal and we are done!

I have started modding the inside for fans and configuration, but I will post all that when it's done. I'm waiting on Black Friday to by the parts.

Looks cool man. Simple and you got to shoot something so that's always fun.

Would've been great if you had made a custom 120/140mm fan mount on the side by getting some tight groupings with those 50s :V

That's pretty nice but I must ask.... why would you hang up a nerf gun? LOL. I have a collection myself but I don't keep my nerf gun in my safe... nor on the wall.

The Ammo Box is completed!
Specs are:
I-7 4790K at stock clocks
Gigabyte Z97 UD5H
Corsair H80I cooler with two GT-15 120MM 2000RPM gasket seals at rad
Aquaero LT fan controller
16GB GSKILL Sniper DDR3 1866
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ Ref cooler
Intel 530 120GB OS drive
Intel 730 480GB Game Drive
Seagate 1 TB 7200 HHD backup
2 Corsair AF 140MM QE fans front intake
Corsair CS650M Power supply
1-Notcua Industrial 2000 RPM 140MM bottom intake fan

Inside the case (don't mind all the wires, temps sensors for testing airflow)

Temps running Intel burn test @ 22.89 ambient max CPU package temp 57C= 34.11C load temp!! Yea!

Running all the fans on the controller the two push/pull GT-15's on the H80I reached a max of 77% during the burn test.
Heaven 4.0 at 1980x1080 :

The ammo box up and running in my son's room:

Very nice, probably can do better at cable management inside the case though. Great job!

That is an amazing beast! Be careful bringing that to lans. COps may think it really is small arms ammo! lOl

Back