The "bulldozer" opterons coming out tmmr, sept 26

The Opteron 6220 should be scrutinized for possible FX8150 comparison with clock adjustment, but as the article states: AMD expects new chips to offer 35% higher performance compared to existing AMD Opteron chips with up to twelve cores. If that is the case, then some quick lookups and simple math shows that FX8150 is a 2500K if it's lucky. Let's hope it's way better for AMD's sake!

Come on [H]! Get a 6220 and put it through its paces so we can have a clearer picture! :)

The 4200 series options should be closer in similarities to the desktop version. No?

Yes, you're right, the Valencia's dual-channel, 144-bit memory controller is Zambezi's. Either way, let's see those benchys!!!!!! :)

The Opteron 6220 should be scrutinized for possible FX8150 comparison with clock adjustment, but as the article states: AMD expects new chips to offer 35% higher performance compared to existing AMD Opteron chips with up to twelve cores. If that is the case, then some quick lookups and simple math shows that FX8150 is a 2500K if it's lucky. Let's hope it's way better for AMD's sake!

Come on [H]! Get a 6220 and put it through its paces so we can have a clearer picture! :)

almost makes me nervous - to see the testing of this new chip - and fanageling the numbers to fit a zambezi

But lets do it!

i woke up this morning hoping to see some reviews.. none yet :(

Did you read the article?

AMD is eyeing the September 26 release date for its new “Valencia” Opteron 4200-series chips with six or eight cores as well as “Interlagos” Opteron 6200-series microprocessors with eight, twelve or sixteen cores, according to an unofficial report, which cites a source familiar with the company's product roadmap.

We have to wait for AMD on this one. We know it's coming they already broke the world record OC with a Bulldozer a week ago. ALL AMD HAS VERIFIED IS 4th QUARTER any sooner than that is good luck for us. AMD has not set any dates in stone just 4th quarter statements is all I've seen.

Here AMD OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE STATEMENT http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-ships-bulldozer-processors-2011sep7.aspx Stating FOURTH QUARTER RELEASE no specific date is mentioned. Der.

i really hope bulldozer is worth all this mistery and tension...

it would be hilarious for this to turn out and become a total noob fail once again.

I really want an AMD, i still use my a64 x2 4200+ ... but please AMD..i'm not asking you to kick Intel's ass, but please don't make people want to wish you had balls so they could kick you in it.

The only thing I'm hoping is that it causes the thubans to drop down a few bucks. I probably won't be able to do a full on upgrade until whatever hits after dozer/ivy. Probably quite a bit after.

i really hope bulldozer is worth all this mistery and tension...

it would be hilarious for this to turn out and become a total noob fail once again.

I really want an AMD, i still use my a64 x2 4200+ ... but please AMD..i'm not asking you to kick Intel's ass, but please don't make people want to wish you had balls so they could kick you in it.

You misspelled misery.

It's friggin' October:

No firm FX release dates
No real benchies on BD Opterons

WTF? Should the company change its name to ETERNITY MICRO DEVICES?

I said Q4 in my blog and answered the question on client with Q4, that was at least 3 weeks ago, if not more. I wonder where all of these rumors keep coming from.

Who knows? The lack of communication from AMD on this issue isn't helping matters, however.

Who knows? The lack of communication from AMD on this issue isn't helping matters, however.

AMD is really at the mercy of GF yield quality. They would say more I think IF, GF could do their part imo. The important thing is getting this moving like Llano.

He just finished saying Q4. What communication were you looking for, date and exact time? When is the sbE exact release date and time? How about ivy bridge exact release date and time, the latest rumour is it slipped to the end of Q2 intel needs to clarify these things. I wonder if anyone is demanding communication from intel on those issues.

He just finished saying Q4. What communication were you looking for, date and exact time? When is the sbE exact release date and time? How about ivy bridge exact release date and time, the latest rumour is it slipped to the end of Q2 intel needs to clarify these things. I wonder if anyone is demanding communication from intel on those issues.

Nobody cares about intel :p

PCPer says the embargo date for Zambezi is October 12th. I have no reason to argue that statement.

October 12 huh? Now let see if they will have enough in the channel for me to complete a build before BF3 releases. :D

Back