cageymaru

Fully [H]
The announcement trailer for Borderlands 2 VR has been released. I have logged so many hours into these series of games over the years and now it is getting a port to virtual reality. I hope that it is coming to Steam as the game's official page only lists PSVR for now.

The iconic shooter-looter gets in your face! Virtually immerse yourself in the untamed world of Borderlands. Step into the boots of a treasure-seeking Vault Hunter armed with 87 bazillion guns on a quest to stuff your pockets with loot. Blast bandits with real-world aiming, punch psychos in the face, race across Pandora in stolen bandit vehicles and free Pandora from Handsome Jack's clutches!

SWEET!... I'm so glad i never played this game, just never got around to playing it... now i can Enjoy in VR for the first time....

I wonder how they would adjust the difficulties for it to work. It is a very fast paced game.
Just imagine doing the ultimate vault hunter mode in VR...:wtf:

I'm so sick of Sony paying for third party VR experiences. Both Oculus and PSVR have a 'walled garden', while Valve opens up their library and functionality to pretty much anyone. I'll stick to my Vive, and if this doesn't come to SteamVR…. so be it.

I'm so sick of Sony paying for third party VR experiences. Both Oculus and PSVR have a 'walled garden', while Valve opens up their library and functionality to pretty much anyone. I'll stick to my Vive, and if this doesn't come to SteamVR…. so be it.

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. This VR version of BL2 would not have even happened without Sony's involvement - I suspect they subsidized it at least partially. In other words a SteamVR version would simply not have happened in isolation. Now at least there's a chance -- the community manager used coded language about it being a timed release, implying SteamVR could come later.

Also consider that a rising VR tide floats all VR boats -- meaning any new money going into VR game development -- even if its a Sony exclusive - helps the whole vertical. The VR platforms may be isolated but they're all interconnected -- the more mindshare and publicity and AAA titles for VR, the better.

The only thing that was fun in borderlands was the coop play.

Other than that, every encounter is the same.

I don't think I ever finished all of any of them.

The Far Cry games are at least replayable.

DOOM has the same setups, but what makes it better is the extreme difficulty.

It's amazing how many skulls I've piled up in that game, at the same freaking spots, in Nightmare mode. :)

More games should have Arcade mode; that's a blast.

I'm so sick of this thought process.

VR has exclusives. It's called "incentive" and why one would want to get an Oculus over a Vive. Do you bitch about the same thing when it comes to consoles?

As for Valve being "special", wrong. All their games are available through Steam. They wouldn't dare block games. HOWEVER, I've seen PLENTY of games that only work or are made for Vive (do you not remember Fallout 4 VR?). So while Oculus might work it's not guaranteed.

Valve might not block other VR headsets but they certainly have no requirement that they must SUPPORT all headsets.

Also, what do you call Oculus removing their DRM to allow Vive players to use their games?

I'd rather have Borderlands 3, thank you. Not saying you folks who want VR, but I'd rather they do 3 first. I wear glasses and can't wear any of the goggles.

I'm unsure VR is going to catch on with the mainstream; how many of you guys have had someone puke watching you game, looking over your shoulder?

I have two good friends that can't be in the room with us, if we're doing a FPS.

One does wear thick glasses, so that could be part of it; the girl just can't deal with the motion, but she can't read in a car either.

I can ride in a car facing backwards, and read a book; almost none of my friends can, even the ones that game.

Try that before you spend $2000 on VR goggles, lol.

EDIT: One of my friends reminds me that we had some early issues when we fist started playing DukeNukem3D for a short while; but we all got over it. I had forgotten, it's been awhile.

I bought my first 3d card to play Q2, a riva TNT. :)

Duke really didn't need it.

Seems like it was on a Pentium- 233MMX processor, iirc. :)

Not interested in turning a 6yo game into vr.

Im more interested in a new game, new physics, new content, new etc etc.

Borderlands 2 was released a month before Obama was reelected.

Well Randy Pitchfork does need to recover some cash that was embezzled from him. It’s either $50 for this or a gofundme.

I'm unsure VR is going to catch on with the mainstream; how many of you guys have had someone puke watching you game, looking over your shoulder?

I have two good friends that can't be in the room with us, if we're doing a FPS.

One does wear thick glasses, so that could be part of it; the girl just can't deal with the motion, but she can't read in a car either.

I can ride in a car facing backwards, and read a book; almost none of my friends can, even the ones that game.

Try that before you spend $2000 on VR goggles, lol.

EDIT: One of my friends reminds me that we had some early issues when we fist started playing DukeNukem3D for a short while; but we all got over it. I had forgotten, it's been awhile.

I bought my first 3d card to play Q2, a riva TNT. :)

Duke really didn't need it.

Seems like it was on a Pentium- 233MMX processor, iirc. :)

My parents and my wifes parents will come over and we play. Gorn, beatsaber, arizona sunshine, and keep talking and nobody explodes are the favorites.

I'd rather have Borderlands 3, thank you. Not saying you folks who want VR, but I'd rather they do 3 first. I wear glasses and can't wear any of the goggles.

I wear glasses as well and the PSVR Headset is perfectly comfortable and easily fits over them. Have you tried a headset on yet or no?

I tried the Vive and the rift, neither fit my face well with my glasses, temples & nose got pinched. couldn't focus on the image, either.

I tried the Vive and the rift, neither fit my face well with my glasses, temples & nose got pinched. couldn't focus on the image, either.
You don't really need to wear glasses with the Rift. You can buy a prescription insert. I love mine and works perfect.

You don't really need to wear glasses with the Rift. You can buy a prescription insert. I love mine and works perfect.

Unfortunately, my prescription is slowly getting worse, not going to spend a lot on a technology that will be used for maybe 2 (borderlands 2 is one) games.

Unfortunately, my prescription is slowly getting worse, not going to spend a lot on a technology that will be used for maybe 2 (borderlands 2 is one) games.
$60 is not too bad.

Back