The Biggest Tech Turkeys Of 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at ZDNet have put together a list of The Biggest Tech Turkeys Of 2016 that is worth checking out...even if it's in slideshow format. My personal favorite on the list was Microsoft's stupid self-learning Twitter chatbot. :D

If there's one thing guaranteed on the internet is that we can't have nice things. Microsoft's artificial intelligence bot, Tay, was a self-learning chatbot for Twitter. But within a few hours, the bot was taught to be racist and abusive from the thousands of people who tweeted at her. Tay was pulled offline, only to return a week later, when she spammed people who unfollowed her. Tay hasn't been heard of since.

Glad to see the fine folks at ZDNet are staying above the political fray with this nice and unbiased list. Refreshing objectivity.

I'll be in my bubble.

hmm where is that guy that "Backup'ed" his data to an external drive and then dropped a keyboard on it, lost all his data, and started to blame the HDD for not being a stable backup medie. ?

Sorry, but the biggest 'Tech Turkey' was whoever designed that godawful website. Jeebus, was that done by a 15-year-old mobile-design student?

That article was a tech turkey. Seriously, when is ZD just going to give up?

hmm where is that guy that "Backup'ed" his data to an external drive and then dropped a keyboard on it, lost all his data, and started to blame the HDD for not being a stable backup medie. ?

Reference to storage subforum for those that don't venture out of Real Life Stuff (and who could blame you with the crowd we have).

ZDnet, another one of those crap sites that needs about 30 scripts to function correctly.

Was the eBook seller selling copyright free books? I've seen even Sony do that, books you can get for free that are out of copyright they sell for about $7.00. Just about all classic literature can be had for free but these scum sell them anyway hoping you don't know you can get them at no cost.

Last edited:
Back