The biggest Kickstarter of the year, at $6.2M, is a board game

Board/table top games are still a huge market and Kickstarter is a good place to find some new ideas, etc. I live in Indianapolis which has been the host of GenCon for the past decade...its a interesting crowd when 60,000 people from across the world come in for a board game convention/con (I am also a attendee).

If you have a good group of friends, have a evening/weekend, want to crack open a few beers, and have a good time...tabletop gaming can be a good alternative!

Somebody already linked it to me trying to get me to buy in. I think this ones got a lot money PR behind it.

Board/table top games are still a huge market and Kickstarter is a good place to find some new ideas, etc. I live in Indianapolis which has been the host of GenCon for the past decade...its a interesting crowd when 60,000 people from across the world come in for a board game convention/con (I am also a attendee).

If you have a good group of friends, have a evening/weekend, want to crack open a few beers, and have a good time...tabletop gaming can be a good alternative!

I often prefer board games to video games as it's more of a social gathering where you can talk and game and drink/eat snacks.

Somebody already linked it to me trying to get me to buy in. I think this ones got a lot money PR behind it.

There's A LOT of FOMO money poured in because of their previous game. But it's because they make good games and this will most likely be a very good game.

That's why we can't have nice things. Opportunists exploiting the system everywhere. If you have enough money to do this kind of marketing campaign, you had enough money to do the project. This is just a way to make a ton of money with zero accountability. They can literally take the money and run.

snagged Nemesis that they just did. Have yet to play it, but the models are pretty large in comparable to alot of previous board games. However they arent very many of them. Deep Madness is another kick started board game that I got recently that has a ton of models and the gameplay is fun, but semi dark souls level of difficulty. I think both can be late funded currently. I passed on tainted grail because of the weird combat.

Huh, I usually follow a lot of board game stuff and I've never even heard of this.

The bad thing about board game Kickstarters is that usually you are looking at a pretty large buy-in - most of them are $60+, going beyond $100 sometimes.

I've been backing the "Tiny Epic" series of games - small, cheap, and so far excellent quality and gameplay.

Not surprised, board games are the new old bastion of the nerd, since video games have gone mainstream.

Back