The BIG 1L PC Upgrade HP Elite Mini 600 G9 Project TinyMiniMicro

erek

[H]F Junkie
Interesting Micro-PC

"We rekindle Project TinyMiniMicro with the HP Elite Mini 600 G9. This system utilizes a 12th Gen Intel Core "Alder Lake" processor. Our unit has an Intel Core i7-12700T 35W TDP processor, DDR5 memory, PCIe Gen4 for NVMe storage, and more. This is a cool desktop PC today and a potential #homelab node in the future."

HP-Elite-Mini-600-G9-USB-Flex-and-Second-Cover-Out.jpg

Source:

Source: https://www.servethehome.com/hp-eli...ed-hp-returns-to-project-tinyminimicro-intel/

I tried SFF (though not quite this SFF) back in the 2008-2009 timeframe with a Core i7-920 in a Shuttle SX58H7 small form factor case.

In the end I found that it held me back too much and I couldn't do what I wanted, so I switched back to mid tower and now I've had two full tower cases in a row. Can't imagine going small again.

I tried SFF (though not quite this SFF) back in the 2008-2009 timeframe with a Core i7-920 in a Shuttle SX58H7 small form factor case.

In the end I found that it held me back too much and I couldn't do what I wanted, so I switched back to mid tower and now I've had two full tower cases in a row. Can't imagine going small again.
I went with Synology NAS years ago and haven't turned back since. It can handle about 90% of my homelab needs (especially the new ones with Ryzen CPUs) and it's super quiet. Although not small, it's not huge for holding 96TB of data. :)

These systems aren't meant for the same workloads as a desktop system with a dGPU, these normally have a 65w laptop power brick and are mostly used in corporate/professional environments. SFF ITX systems are certainly capable of performance in line with a standard desktop, although I'm sure it isn't that possible with the power hungry higher end intel CPU's, AMD is easy enough especially if you're primary use case is gaming.

I have one of these with a 10gen “T” chip and the proprietary Nvidia 1660 board in it. For its size, it’s a pretty good setup.

Back