The best Notebook cooler on the market

Got an 16" Asus gaming notebook a few months ago and I have been looking for a good cooler, noise isn't a concern i just want the best of the best. All I can seem to find is silent ones that don't offer much air flow.

I have an NZXT one, cant remember the model, but its got 2 120mm fans on bottom, figured if I needed i could swap em out with some high powered fans, but its done a great job as it is(it seems all i would have to do is unplug the ones there, take off the "grate" and swap, bought it specifically because it was 120mm fans that looked easy to remove if necessary)

edit: heres the link for it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997580&cm_re=NZXT-_-34-997-580-_-Product

atleast I think thats the one

Last edited:
I used an Enermax Aeolus with my Dell Vostro 1500. It has a 250mm fan that moved enough air for my laptop. It was completely silent on the highest rpm setting (850rpm). It moved enough air that a noticable amount of air was coming out of the sides between where the laptop and fan were.

Thanks for the advice. I did however forget to mention my notebook has a Geforce 360M GPU in it. Gets very very hot after 20min of gaming, so hot that I have to stop gaming because the heat burns my left hand. I'll look into what you guys suggested, if anybody knows of anything more powerful let me know..

I use an Antec Cooler S (or something like that). It props up the laptop in the back and blows air underneath. It worked great for me in Iraq.

Thanks for the advice. I did however forget to mention my notebook has a Geforce 360M GPU in it. Gets very very hot after 20min of gaming, so hot that I have to stop gaming because the heat burns my left hand. I'll look into what you guys suggested, if anybody knows of anything more powerful let me know..

I OC'd my 8600m GT from 475/950 to 620/1240 with the Aeolus. I wouldn't have been able to get that high without it.

I got the Cooler Master Notepal Infinite (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IZZ7M2/) and love it.

It's almost as thick as my laptop at the thickest part, but it is really good. Keeps my laptop cool, even without the fan on.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a couple of post-it notepads to prop up the back of my notebook. Seems to do the job pretty well, and cheap too. :p

Back