The best Core2 mATX mobos for OCing? Any made yet.

Serge84

Gawd
The only thing holding me back is I must have a mATX board and one that can atleast get close to the Abit NF-M2 Nview in features and OCing options like a ATX board has.

If anybody can point me in to the right direction I'd upgrade ASAP to the mobo and go C2D all the way because I have a E6400. I just need a good small form factor board for it. :( Please give me options. I don't care if its a $150+ mATX its got to be good. I want to avoid a ATX at all costs because I'm just picky that way I love small powerful comps.

Possibly...if ClockGen works at all with those boards. I guess it depends on what PLL Clock Generator they use on the individual boards. I don't have one, so I couldn't tell you :).

Got my ds3 rev2 and it's exceeded my expectations so far. Currently on stock intel hsf with a thick layer of as5 (ihs very very concave).

e6400 8x400=3200 1.375v (1.296-1.312v effective due to vdroop)
2x1gb d9gmh 4:5 1000ddr2 5-5-5-15 2.3v (ds3 seems to give 2.3v when I select 2.2v)
110pcie

I've got a 120mm sitting on the motherboard right now such that it's keeping the nb and ram cool. Haven't tried anything aggressive yet due to the poor contact the heatsink is making with the ihs. I don't know whether to void warranty or just let it be. Guess I'll get some better cooler and go from there. Currently, coretemp shows load in mid 60's to flat70 depending on the cycle it's in orthos.

Did orthos overnight 11 hours a-ok though on these settings. With better cooling, I'd really hope to see 8x450 :)

Back