Votes: 1 1.6%
  • AntiVir AntiVirus

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • AVG Anti Virus Free

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
I am really liking NAV 10.0.1 Corp... it is quite respectable when it comes to resource utilization. I would never use any of the home products from McAfee or Symantec...

I have used AVG, Avast, and Symantec Corp and never had problems with either of them. I would like to try NOD32 (and might for my home computer which is running Symantec Corp).

ps. it is "the" :)

AVG, had norton before and it was Sh*t used so many system resources, AVG finds more crap on my pc anyway, and its free

NOD32
I appreciate how it is effective without sacrificing system performance.

NOD32 uses the least amount of resources and it is the fastest.

LOL, someone just voted for McAfee.

IceDigger said:

LOL, someone just voted for McAfee.
McAfee makes the fastest system slow like a turtle! it's the worst AV suite I used FFS :rolleyes:

IceDigger said:

KAV2006 uses the least amount of system resources and also has the highest malware detection rate in tests. I would say the best AV would be a very close tie between NOD32 and KAV2006. Personally i say KAV2006 is better. I'm not sure why there would be people voting for AVG as the best since its not unless you are talking about free versions and then yeah AVG is one of the best. OP is asking for the best of the best and i would say thats regardless of cost. I think a lot of AV's get popular because of word of mouth more then actual performance vs other AV's cause Kaspersky 2006 is every bit as good as NOD32 and they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

NOD32 has a very ugly and boring GUI, but Kaspersky has an even worse GUI :(

Personally I like the NOD32 UI. It is simple yet effective. I would take a command line antivirus if I knew it would detect and clean the best.

KevinO said:
Personally I like the NOD32 UI. It is simple yet effective. I would take a command line antivirus if I knew it would detect and clean the best.

Eset's support e-mailed me a while back in response to teh GUI question, they said they are coming up with a new GUI soon with the next version of NOD32

MaXimus said:
NOD32 has a very ugly and boring GUI, but Kaspersky has an even worse GUI :(

NOD32 is like the Mack truck of AV, it's not pretty, but it doesn't have to be effectively get the job done. Besides, why would you even need to look at the AV program often :confused:

I'd say it would be a close call between KAV and NOD32. Between the 2, it would probably fall more to preference.

odoe said:
I'd say it would be a close call between KAV and NOD32. Between the 2, it would probably fall more to preference.
So what do you personally prefer?

I tried both, but hated the 100 security warnings I kept getting from KAV everytime I tried accessing some file. I know you can probably remove those from the settings, but my point is, you just install NOD32, and by default, you never hear about IT, or a virus :)

Right now, I use AVG because I'm too damn cheap to renew my NOD32 subscription on my laptop. My general use pc has NOD32 installed on it.

Just use a non-Windows OS then you don't have to really worry. Always remeber be smart about surfing.

odoe said:
Right now, I use AVG because I'm too damn cheap to renew my NOD32 subscription on my laptop. My general use pc has NOD32 installed on it.
oh, I would wonder while having AVG, you install it, and never know about any virus, not because it's so good. it's cos it wouldn't even detect some of the viruses, so you are fooled into thinking AVG is great and secure for free. Personal experience speaks best.....

anyway......if it works for you.....then very well :)

But YOU must be knowing the difference since you have NOD32 on yoru other PC ;)

MaXimus said:
oh, I would wonder while having AVG, you install it, and never know about any virus, not because it's so good. it's cos it wouldn't even detect some of the viruses, so you are fooled into thinking AVG is great and secure for free. Personal experience speaks best.....

anyway......if it works for you.....then very well :)

But YOU must be knowing the difference since you have NOD32 on yoru other PC ;)
I have AVG. It works very well, and I fully endorse it's use.

Langford said:
I have AVG. It works very well, and I fully endorse it's use.
yeah like I said, it works well, I just shared my personal experience

nod32 for me.

for people who are used to norton antivirus I would say pccillin or avg.

I confused a few people by putting nod on their machine

Josh_B said:
I am really liking NAV 10.0.1 Corp... it is quite respectable when it comes to resource utilization. I would never use any of the home products from McAfee or Symantec...

QFT

NOD32 is nice, but the gui could use work, and the activation blows if your trying to get customers to activate it, norton's easier for that

todlerix said:
QFT

NOD32 is nice, but the gui could use work, and the activation blows if your trying to get customers to activate it, norton's easier for that
what activation are you talking about? there is no activation with NOD32 :rolleyes:

I think he means that when you put in the login/pass for the NOD32 program it is caps sensitive and most people don't understand that.

IceDigger said:
I think he means that when you put in the login/pass for the NOD32 program it is caps sensitive and most people don't understand that.
huh? u just copy/paste the username/pass

NOD32. It's so easy on the system, and it never bothers me.. it just updates itself and takes care of everything... mind you, I don't browse like a fool.

Is there even a contest? Fucking NOD32.

Why the fuck did anyone vote for AVG? It isn't as good at detecting, but I guess free is a good price for many.

40 bucks a year aint much to ensure digital tranquility.

apHytHiaTe said:
Is there even a contest? Fucking NOD32.

Why the fuck did anyone vote for AVG? It isn't as good at detecting, but I guess free is a good price for many.

40 bucks a year aint much to ensure digital tranquility.
anyone who voted for AVG is one of teh people who wouldn't pay for an AV. Noone with complete sense would vote for freakin' AVG otherwise! it's a POS compared to NOD32.

I downloaded NOD 32 2 days ago and did the in-depth analysis and it took almost 24 hours to complete. And couldnt do anything with the files it found problems in due to access denied or file locked.

Back