The Best $400-500 Monitor

mercury529

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone. I am sorry if this exact same question has come up before, but I want to get the best input I can get before shelling out $400+ for a display.

Odds are I will settle on a HD4850 (with a small chance of getting GTX 260 or HD4870). I would prefer a monitor I can game on, watch movies, and still program/browse the web with good quality. I would like to get the best monitor I can between $400-500. I would say I am fairly average in terms of what I am looking for in terms of response time, color, and sharpness.

1.) What 20-22 inch monitor would you recommend in my price range?
2.) What 24 inch monitor would you recommend in my price range?
3.) Which monitor do you prefer between 1 and 2?
4.) Will an HD4850 be able to handle a 24 inch monitor?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

You, me and WhiteZero all just made similiar threads. I was leaning towards the Benq but ultimately wanted to see it first. So as I said WZ's thread I'll most likely wind up w/ the Sammy. Of course the two BB's near me don't have it in stock, so I might try CC.

As for the video card, I mentioned in my thread mine was going bad, and I too was looking at the HD4850 or 4870. At the 1900 res it may struggle a bit, so I might just opt for the 4870. I haven't really checked many benchmarks though.

The 4870 can do everything at 1900x1200 at at least medium to high settings. It can do most things at high/very high settings. Check a few reviews, obviously, but it's a very solid card imo.

The problem people are running into is that NV has been forced to cut prices so much that it's now a real race between the two which is the better bang/buck.

-S

Dells deal of the day has the 2408WFP (highly likely rev a01) for 479 this morning. I am really tempted.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I would love to hear other people chime in if they have an opinion.

A lot of people seem to think the 4870 will handle a 24 inch no problem. What about a 4850? Does anyone have real experience with a 24 inch monitor and a 4850?

Dakine`: Do you have a link to the Dell deal of the day? Is it worth the risk of getting an early rev?

Thanks again.

Benq V2400W

24 inches, HDMI, VGA and DVI

Awesome for gaming, I have a 360 hooked up via HDMI and my computer over DVI. Absolutely love it. If you want to spend a little less get the G2400WD.

I have the same opinion for V2400W. Beautiful outside and inside. I currently have one and can't love it more for the price and performance. Either G or V2400W you can buy from BenQ store using promo code thankyou10 to save some extra bucks! They are also offering a great G2400WD + Ergotron budle only $367 (before shipping & tax) you get the monitor and arm. However, personally I prefer V2400W.

Booooo, the $479 would very much appear to be the CANADIAN price :-p. Worth specifying I imagine so you don't get people's hopes up :-p.

I think the 2408WFP deal id for a refurbished one. But it does carry the same warranty as a new unit, I think.

I'm also interested in this price range. I have an itchy trigger finger for the BenQ G2400WD. But if I can get something "way better" for $500 or less, that would be wonderful. Going for 24" here.

Back