The beginning of 4K (Per Eye) VR gaming...The Pimax 8Kx

I think it is by far....bar none....the dorkiest looking VR headset lol

Also, their marketing is way off...they should have called it the HAMMAAAHHHEAAAD!

I agree about the rez being on the right track but I do find it laughable about the spec stating 'only requires one gpu to run'. It takes a single 2080TI just to get both feet in the 4k ring and even then there can still be compromises to get to 60fps. I've watched a lot of 8k vids on youtube using either 2080TI's or Turing Titan's in SLI and the Vram usage goes thru the roof at that point as well. I know it doesn't necessarily make sense but they usually more than double from 4k. At any rate, the fps for the games that support SLI in 8k are still having difficulty in the 30-60 fps range and quite jerky too. Microstutter doesn't quite describe it. I can only imagine the nausea vomit inducing effect this would have in V.R.

I commend them for their efforts but it could still be years before a -cough- affordable single GPU solution to exist to drive this. Granted those apps with extremely basic textures or images will run fine but we've got a while for the pretty stuff.

it's not similar to running a game at 8k, at most it's 2x 4k, but watching the video it sounds like it's maybe stretching a single 4k render to cover both eyes, so while the fill rate may look improved over 5k+, the resolution might not be any better? I dunnno, was kinda difficult to understand the dude...

I think it is by far....bar none....the dorkiest looking VR headset lol
I think it's one of the better looking ones... the Rift S looks like a step back from this and the original Rift, which is maybe my favorite

I think it's one of the better looking ones... the Rift S looks like a step back from this and the original Rift, which is maybe my favorite

DUDE NO WAY! This is the best looking VR bar far!
hqdefault.jpg

Back