The Ascent (Cyberpunk ARPG)

Why does it say xbox series x exclusive on the video then?

Pretty sure "Xbox exclusive" means it comes to PC as well now in terms of Microsoft marketing lingo. So just exclusive to the Xbox console, but it seems like MS puts everything on PC these days.

Pretty sure "Xbox exclusive" means it comes to PC as well now in terms of Microsoft marketing lingo. So just exclusive to the Xbox console, but it seems like MS puts everything on PC these days.
It seems like an independent release not developed or published by MS. But you are probably right, it can mean that it is only exclusive as far as consoles go.

I’m keeping tabs on this game as promising for my 4p co-op group.

It looks gorgeous and the particle effects are impressive.

Yeah the sci-fi genre is a big plus for sure. There are enough fantasy games out there already. Glad these guys are doing something different.

Seems interesting. Hopefully it makes it to Gamepass...where it will crash on exit, have busted HDR functionality, and limit our ability to tweak any settings.

Does this game's controls use click mouse to move, ala D3 or WASD? Anybody know right off hand?

Seems interesting. Hopefully it makes it to Gamepass...where it will crash on exit, have busted HDR functionality, and limit our ability to tweak any settings.
Trailer says both PC and console Game Pass day 1.

Does this game's controls use click mouse to move, ala D3 or WASD? Anybody know right off hand?
apparently it will be the twin-stick type, which is a no go for me. DarkSiders Genesis looked fun at first but instantly refunded it because of the controls.
If the devs would consider making it mouse move for the PC version, I'd probably buy this because it does look kinda neat.

apparently it will be the twin-stick type, which is a no go for me. DarkSiders Genesis looked fun at first but instantly refunded it because of the controls.
If the devs would consider making it mouse move for the PC version, I'd probably buy this because it does look kinda neat.
1621464234578.png

from steam forum, arcade is a dev.

Twin stick shooters are just easier with a controller. I don't want to sit at my desk with one. I would prefer those types of games on the couch.
thats nice but i replied to someone else about m/kb on pc and you responded... good news for you though is that it has full controller support, so dual stick away.

Was in until the WASD movement. Not how I want to play my ARPG's.

This. I have no issues with mouse+WASD games but for a true ARPG I want the normal method. I use a controller for the WASD games and old school mouse to move forward and A+D to strafe left or right with FPS games.

I don't think the devs understand the true controlling scheme for ARPGs (minus the gamepad style utilized on consoles for ease of use).

It shouldn't take wizardry to accommodate both pads and KB/M in a game like this. I'll be using a pad (like I do with 90% of games), but this kind of game should work well with both.

It shouldn't take wizardry to accommodate both pads and KB/M in a game like this. I'll be using a pad (like I do with 90% of games), but this kind of game should work well with both.
according to that dev's posts that i posted, it will. he said you can remap basically anything anyway.

This. I have no issues with mouse+WASD games but for a true ARPG I want the normal method. I use a controller for the WASD games and old school mouse to move forward and A+D to strafe left or right with FPS games.
What set the precedent for "normal?" I prefer keyboard+mouse movement to mouse only movement in an ARPG. I hate needing to hold down the left mouse to move my character and initiate my attacks at the same time.

What set the precedent for "normal?" I prefer keyboard+mouse movement to mouse only movement in an ARPG. I hate needing to hold down the left mouse to move my character and initiate my attacks at the same time.

I have no idea "what" set the normal, just the way it is for those types of loot based ARPG games and what I'm accustomed to. To each heir own but this one is off the table for me because of it. Looks like a good game otherwise.

The default settings in most ARPG is click to move?

Back