The art of fan mounting..

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, this is a linux server computer i'm making, I was trying not to spend any money and just using the spare computer parts I had around, well it worked..

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

3.JPG

I am probably going to make a guide on how to do this if I have enough people interested...j/k.

I should try that with my tornado, should have enough torque to wind the rubber bands around itself at least once.

DarkMonkey said:
I should try that with my tornado, should have enough torque to wind the rubber bands around itself at least once.

are they thoses f4s tornados from pc toys? if so you have got to do that and take pics i was wondering the same thing

You win the g[H]etto mod of the year award.

p.s. Its a server why do you need such a big fan for the vid-card?

Ghettotastic. I wonder if centrifugal force or vibration will cause problems with the card sliding out of the socket?

eggrock said:
Ghettotastic. I wonder if centrifugal force or vibration will cause problems with the card sliding out of the socket?

With the tab on the back to lock the card in place, I doubt it.

lol, thanks for the "compliments". I try to stay tru to my ghetto hood im livin in.

The reason I put such a big fan was because the old fan made clicking noises and was extremely loud, so I took it out, and since the heatsink was really small I didn't want it to overheat so I created this to keep it slightly cool and quiet. The computer doesn't evan have a monitor and is in console all the time, is this fan evan needed? its an MX440 by the way.

Lovin' the gHetto fan mount. You might try zip ties instead of rubberbands. I've had pretty good luck with so far, see pic below. That's a P4 fan for the stock HSF removed from the shroud and zip-tied to my ti200.
Guts03Small.jpg

Captain Colonoscopy said:
Lovin' the gHetto fan mount. You might try zip ties instead of rubberbands. I've had pretty good luck with so far, see pic below. That's a P4 fan for the stock HSF removed from the shroud and zip-tied to my ti200.
Guts03Small.jpg

It's not ghetto enough for me an my hood..

Nevertheless slaya, those rubber bands will dry out and crack after a while in that environment.

Back