what gets me is everytime someones finds out that a game gets hacked or cheated on thay never say what version ? is soo i take it that this is the pc game and not the xbox one or ps4 battlefeild v game cuzz i have not seen any cheaterz on xbox one batlefield v in fact im really likeing it on the xbox 1 i guess that this would make the consoles a bit better then the pc then !! in fact i love my xbox onx x that it lets me play xbox one games like battlefeild v on my pc like a steam link does

What does the game being like BF have anything to do with it, is Relaaa like some how unusual, there are many pros in games like CS that use overwatch. And yes they get accused all the time. I don't get your argument. OW in CS is designed to validate itself by grading the people who review and measuring them against controls, the higher up you go the better the OW reviewers are where as a 13 year old kid might only be validated on silver games, this stuff is just basic shit for someone building such a system and validating it any major company could be doing it. All the things you are suggesting are all being worked into many modern games like CS. Anticheat is not some simple thing now days in modern games its a multi faceted solution in an arms race with the cheaters. They are now implementing AI heuristic solutions too. One thing people forget is that just cause a company doesn't announce something doesn't mean they are not doing anything no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes in their code, and most game companies take a stance of purposely not advertising or explaining how their anticheat systems work. For instance valve uses trust factor which is essentially like a credit score for gamers but that doesn't mean no one else is doing something like that, for instance people don't talk about it but I notice in Overwatch (the game) that if you have a smurf account you get placed in an unusally high number of matches with other players of low level (not your skill level but your rank) this suggests that blizzard is preferring to group new accounts together just like valve does with trust factor.

The issue I was attempting to make was that in BF time played is not a measure of skill nor is rank (as time = rank to be blunt).

In a game like CSGO while you can get carried up to LEM there is a certain level of skill and understanding of the core mechanics of the game. Once you start passing that and heading to GE you do need to be pulling your weight, whereas in a game like BF you just show up and stand in a circle to be able to move up in rank.

CSGO has a form of balance in selecting people for Overwatch that on paper makes sense, you need to have X hours played, be Y rank, have an account that's older than Z months, and so on. That system in BF would have to be solely statistic based and you start to run into some issues when you do that.

While I understand exactly what you are saying I've been dealing with this for several generations of BF and there's a lot of stuff that the general public don't understand on just how lax both DICE and FF have been. For example less than a year ago a debug menu...again a DEBUG menu...was finally patched out from the game after being left in from BFBC2. You may say well that's no big deal it's just a debug menu what could it do? You could despawn assets in the game, disable the sun, spot all players, and a ton of various other things that in a multiplayer game are no es bueno.

It wasn't common knowledge and it was a former DICE employee who leaked out it's existence to some people but it was found out and basically it was either an emergency patch had to be issued or things went public. DICE opted to patch it as a third party community based anti-cheat bringing that to the light of day when FF failed to do it would be a big no-no. To this date we do not know how widespread the use of this debug menu was though we have confirmed a few cases and it brings to question a lot of things that have occurred in private tournaments and series.

If a dev cared about the community and game you would think they would put effort into helping the community self police by granting access to the statistical backend of things, that never happened and to get access to BLAZE there was a big community driven push (as well as utilizing some reverse engineered information from cheaters) and a ton of trial and error to gain access. We aren't talking about control of anything beyond information here, "Battlereports" as you know them contain a TON of helpful information well beyond what is shown that makes it far easier to spot cheaters (but isn't utilized by FF/ACI/PBB) and that's what we were after. Right now those community driven tools (which were made available to DICE/FF) are basically the only thing keeping new cheaters in check in a reasonable amount of time in the older BF games. When FF is taking weeks to months to pop an account that is doing statistically impossible things (killing people with weapons not available on the map, firing and impossible number of shots without reloading, movement in directions and distances that is impossible under any other circumstances, multiple kills in short periods of time with items not normally possible to do so, and so on) you have failed in your task to make an anti-cheat. Reports to FF on those players aren't acted upon unless massive traction is gained on reddit or other public format mentioning what BFV will look like in a few months, and even then all that is is pressure from higher up coming down on FF to remove it.

There is a heck of a lot more that goes into anticheat and there are flaws in many different systems but in Battlefield an overwatch system creates a very large number of problems gaining a non-biased group of players who understand the core mechanics, skill curve, and where the outliers are of actual cheaters and great players.

People may say so what it's 1 person vs 10,000 cheaters but it's when you start popping those 1 people that are actually at the top of the skill food chain you discredit them from all other games. If you are a ESEA top prospect and your username/IP gets popped on BF for cheating it causes the gray area to go away. Now you aren't making some insane wallbangs but rather you are shooting people through walls and you know he's already been banned as a cheater in...

Even more than that you drive off the top talent, the people that push the game further and shape how it's played. If you play any match of BF4 on lockers or Metro or Zavod chances are you are going to get ZouZou'd, that wasn't something found out by a low skill player and it went on to shape how the infantry game was played. When BF1 was met with community disapproval of how infantry played out who did DICE poll on what made good infantry gunplay? Who tested it and worked behind the scenes during the building of BFV to make it like it is? It was that person who was the 1 out of 10,000 and if you create a system that removes them from the game the entire series suffers because of it. It also snowballs where today it's the 1 out of 10,000 and then the next update it's the next level of skilled players and because you already set the standard of not caring it just snowballs.

It's pretty obvious you haven't played the game from this post. The core mechanics of the game are actually very good including the gun play, which is almost universally praised relative to the last few games. The game is being hampered more by DICE's marketing and communications than the actual game itself. After the last patch especially, the actual game play is in a very good state. It just needs more content.

If you feel that the gun play is good, I would encourage you to play medic exclusively for a while. It's an absolute dumpster fire of frustration.

I always played the fuck out of medic in BF games.

Couldn't stand it in BF5. I swear you hit people for 99 damage like 20 times a match. Shit was infuriating.

Then you play Assault or Support and it's just so much easier.

If you feel that the gun play is good, I would encourage you to play medic exclusively for a while. It's an absolute dumpster fire of frustration.
I've played Medic extensively in BF5.

The mid-range and beyond damage was absolute trash for a while but they did buff it recently and it feels better. The medic uses SMGs, when you use them as an SMG they work pretty well. Close range hip firing as a medic is how I usually play them and it works. If you are going on maps or situations where that's not possible I just switch to Assault.

I've played Medic extensively in BF5.

The mid-range and beyond damage was absolute trash for a while but they did buff it recently and it feels better. The medic uses SMGs, when you use them as an SMG they work pretty well. Close range hip firing as a medic is how I usually play them and it works. If you are going on maps or situations where that's not possible I just switch to Assault.

Well yeah, that's part of the problem.

They're competitive up close but still not really amazing and quickly begin falling off to dog shit while the other classes don't. So it just winds up feeling utterly inflexible and honestly it's just not that fun.

I get why they did it, to hopefully keep medics in the thick of it, but it still doesn't change that shit medics will still be shit and others will just be frustrated.

I have zero love for EA.They've killed a lot of game series for me, especially battlefield.

Well yeah, that's part of the problem.

They're competitive up close but still not really amazing and quickly begin falling off to dog shit while the other classes don't. So it just winds up feeling utterly inflexible and honestly it's just not that fun.

I get why they did it, to hopefully keep medics in the thick of it, but it still doesn't change that shit medics will still be shit and others will just be frustrated.
Eh, this is my opinion obviously, but I think that part of the problem is that people expect every class to be good in all situations, but then why have classes? Medics are the best CQ class, imo, and the trade off is that they're not as good at range. I don't think that's a problem that needs fixing. Assault might need a bit of tweaking with the grenade spam but otherwise I think the classes are in an okay spot right now.

Eh, this is my opinion obviously, but I think that part of the problem is that people expect every class to be good in all situations, but then why have classes? Medics are the best CQ class, imo, and the trade off is that they're not as good at range. I don't think that's a problem that needs fixing. Assault might need a bit of tweaking with the grenade spam but otherwise I think the classes are in an okay spot right now.
The problem is when the equilibrium is way out of balance.One class dominating too many and another underwhelming too routinely. If the balance isn't relatively close it no longer feels like a pro/con mechanic, but a win/lose mechanic.

I don't even think they're really clearly the best up close. The other classes don't exactly suck up close.

Like some of the LMGs had fucking hip fire perks.

The number of players that are getting at or better than 10-1 kills seems to be growing by the day.

The number of players that are getting at or better than 10-1 kills seems to be growing by the day.

But how many of those players are rolling with squads on discord and constantly getting revived? I have a healthy K/D but it's squad play propping it up, die plenty but it'll never show on the scoreboard. Now that anybody in a squad can revive you, it's critical

But how many of those players are rolling with squads on discord and constantly getting revived? I have a healthy K/D but it's squad play propping it up, die plenty but it'll never show on the scoreboard. Now that anybody in a squad can revive you, it's critical

I expect there to be at least a couple good players in a game, but the last couple weeks either a small number of players are getting really really good all of a sudden, or.some weird shit is going on.

I'm not finding the hacking too bad in BFV so far. I've certainly come across a few, but it's been maybe 1 round out of 50 or so.

This game gets a lot of hate, but I, and several of my friends love it. Having played them all (PC versions), I'd hold this up there as one of the best, and with a lot of potential to be even better. The dev team is communicating well with the community these days, and the game is getting some very good tweaks with regular updates these last few weeks. I expect great things as this game matures.

I'm not finding the hacking too bad in BFV so far. I've certainly come across a few, but it's been maybe 1 round out of 50 or so.

This game gets a lot of hate, but I, and several of my friends love it. Having played them all (PC versions), I'd hold this up there as one of the best, and with a lot of potential to be even better. The dev team is communicating well with the community these days, and the game is getting some very good tweaks with regular updates these last few weeks. I expect great things as this game matures.

Agreed. One of the first things I noticed right away was how well the netcode is optimized. Shot registration is on point! As far as cheaters, I haven't noticed it more than any other FPS on the internet.

Exactly, if you stick with your squad, and communicate, then four skilled guys can go 10-1 without problem. That is why squad wipes are so important in BFV.

People hate BFV because its an EA game, and because of the woman introduction. If those are your reasons to hate something, then all the power to you, however that does not mean BFV is a bad game, its just slightly different. Personally, I thought BF1 was the biggest change (more run and gun then any game before), where BFV was closer to the BF4, where you needed to be more methodical in your gameplay. I feel BFV will be the BF that will change the player base into the future, where some players feel the changes are too much and will never touch the franchise ever again, and others like the changes and will stick with the game(s) in the future.
For the players that no longer want to play BF, then World War 3 looks to have some promise.

Back