The AMD Next Horizon Gaming Keynote Live Stream

that's the thing I think.. now I need to see real benchmarks.. waiting for Brent_Justice to do a nice job with this...
I'm looking forward if AMD is going to have higher clocked Navi version in the works that is more interesting.
Since you can buy the performance already at set price (there abouts).

What's wrong with 450 price tag if it's equal or a little over a 2070 ? I just checked quickly on US newegg and 2070 is 500+++
We shall see how it plays out.

What's wrong with 450 price tag if it's equal or a little over a 2070 ? I just checked quickly on US newegg and 2070 is 500+++

Vega performance for Vega prices 2 years later .....

Does 500+++ mean a few for $499 and others over $500?

Navi is a credible offering, pretty much what reasonable people expected (not the $250 of those other rumors people have been citing for 6 months).

I wonder what NVidia's response will be. I remember not long after Vega 56 beat the 1070, they released the 1070ti, so it makes something like the improved 2060/2070 more likely.

The sharpening feature seemed like an NVIDIA game filter rip off which is a rip off of ReShade. The prices were disappointing as NVIDIA will match those and still tout hardware ray tracing as a feature. The anti-lag is a pure gimmick, no e-sports pro would ever notice 1 frame difference in a meaningful way. The blower design is really ugly, looks like someone melted or crushed the top of it, don't know what they were thinking there. NVIDIA easily has them beat with its dual fan design for cooling. Overall I'm disappointed by the price of these cards but the performance will at least be there to bring some competition to NVIDIA though I'm still waiting to see NVIDIAs presentation with its new Super lineup.

$449
Remember AMD sells direct now too.

upload_2019-6-11_1-6-46.png

Pretty much. However, I think the new parts probably have higher margins since they don't use the costly HBM2 memory.
Yeah, it's about what I expected after reading/watching AMD's presentations leading up to this. A bit disappointed, but not surprised.

Does anybody know the actual die size for navi?

I've read elsewhere the 5700xt is only 232~mm^2 but obviously nothing solid. I wonder what's holding them back from making a big 400mm^2+ monster... If such a tiny chip is ahead of the 2070 (which is around 450mm^2, save a bit for the RT complex..) they should be able to scale this up into 2080-2080Ti territory.

Yields not there at 7nm yet? Don't want to instant obsolete the Radeon VII?

I like the latency reduction feature and the new post processing toys, but I'd really like to see something getting into 2080 Territory before I pull the trigger. 5700XT will be a side grade from my vega 64, which interestingly, isn't even doing that much better than the overclocked maxwell Titan I just dropped in my other rig in a lot of games..

The sharpening feature seemed like an NVIDIA game filter rip off which is a rip off of ReShade. The prices were disappointing as NVIDIA will match those and still tout hardware ray tracing as a feature. The anti-lag is a pure gimmick, no e-sports pro would ever notice 1 frame difference in a meaningful way. The blower design is really ugly, looks like someone melted or crushed the top of it, don't know what they were thinking there. NVIDIA easily has them beat with its dual fan design for cooling. Overall I'm disappointed by the price of these cards but the performance will at least be there to bring some competition to NVIDIA though I'm still waiting to see NVIDIAs presentation with its new Super lineup.

Well you as a Nvidia owner would know from 1st hand experience what gimmicks look like ;)

Did they say anything specific about power draw on the 5700 or XT? If so, I missed it.

That 3950X gave me goosebumps :cool: thats a nice bit of kit,,,,,, i cant wait to see what i get to drop into TR4

I wonder what NVidia's response will be. I remember not long after Vega 56 beat the 1070, they released the 1070ti, so it makes something like the improved 2060/2070 more likely.
2070 drop to $399.

Holy crap, neck on neck with 9900K in games, some eenyweeny bit faster and some eenyweeny bit slower. Margin of error shit basically. :eek: I really hope these numbers stay true at the release as well.

Does a streamer really need all that thread?
16c would help with 4k live, although not strictly necessary. Would be nice to have if you also edit your videos and reupload them after the stream.

Does a streamer really need all that thread?

I put them in a special category where they probably get all the virus and spyware of the world so yeah, more cores for those apps lol.
To be honest I don't know... I would think they may if they play a demanding FPS while streaming high quality.

16C is overkill for near anyone but that price makes it a niche product anyway.

I'm interested in the 3950X. Navi left me feeling just "whelmed".

Streamer can absolutely put it to use depending on their configuration and what game they are pushing.
Yeah that is true. I used OBS to record some raids in WoW with 50K bit rate and I had to turn down the cpu usage to 2nd lowest option (in OBS) on my 1800x (before DX12 patch).

Radeon 5700XT power draw is 225w
Radeon 5700 Power draw is 180w (isn't it the same as the RTX2070?)

Not really impressed by those numbers considering its a much smaller die at 7nm vs 12nm

The sharpening feature seemed like an NVIDIA game filter rip off which is a rip off of ReShade..

Initially that is what I thought but then later they put it to use.
This actually is a DLSS replacement. It might only be resizing and sharpening, but in most the testing I have see, that kind of thing beats DLSS which has really failed to live up to hype(complete flop IMO).

I actually suggested AMD do something like this back when DLSS was revealed.

The bonus here is that it doesn't need training, and it should work at nearly any resolution or frame rate:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14527/the-amd-next-horizon-gaming-keynote-live-blog
CAS = Contrast Adaptive Sharpening
Using CAS to render at sub-native resolutions
IMG_20190610_160440.jpg

Holy crap, neck on neck with 9900K in games, some eenyweeny bit faster and some eenyweeny bit slower. Margin of error shit basically. :eek: I really hope these numbers stay true at the release as well.
Nice, I assuming it is ran at resolution where GPU is not bottleneck? Sorry couldn't watch this at work so not sure what resolution they ran the bench at.

Nice, I assuming it is ran at resolution where GPU is not bottleneck? Sorry couldn't watch this at work so not sure what resolution they ran the bench at.

They said it was at 1080p so yes, GPU was not a meaningful bottleneck.

Does anybody know the actual die size for navi?

I've read elsewhere the 5700xt is only 232~mm^2 but obviously nothing solid. I wonder what's holding them back from making a big 400mm^2+ monster... If such a tiny chip is ahead of the 2070 (which is around 450mm^2, save a bit for the RT complex..) they should be able to scale this up into 2080-2080Ti territory.

Yields not there at 7nm yet? Don't want to instant obsolete the Radeon VII?

I like the latency reduction feature and the new post processing toys, but I'd really like to see something getting into 2080 Territory before I pull the trigger. 5700XT will be a side grade from my vega 64, which interestingly, isn't even doing that much better than the overclocked maxwell Titan I just dropped in my other rig in a lot of games..

I think it may just have to do with tape-out costs at this point, 7nm isn't cheap after all.

Back