The AMD AM4 motherboard stock thread

I'm still waiting on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero. I miiiight do the Pro if the wait is too long, but we'll see.

Anyone know when X300s will be released?
Mini-ITX? Supposedly mid-2017. But, we have seen pictures of the Biostar X370-GTN which is ITX with the x370 chipset. However, it is a pretty lackluster board and didn't state a release date. Haven't heard of or seen any others yet.

They are probably waiting for Zen based APUs. I assume the market for a ITX board with only 1 slot and that 1 slot requires a GPU since there is no video without it would be limited.

This one officially lists ECC support. Although the boards from other manufacturers that state ECC will operate in non-ecc mode still has me a little scared.
can't hurt to try and return it if it doesn't pan out

You should be able to downclock your memory if your IMC is not able to run stable at DDR4 3200.

so their site actually says
Note1: Each RAM whose frequency is 3000 will downgrade to 2933 with X370 Killer SLI/ac.
Note2: Each RAM whose frequency is 2800 will downgrade to 2666 with X370 Killer SLI/ac.

Cagey thanks for the link to that I purchased that board, I was tired of waiting for the MSI gaming carbon, i needed a board that had the 2 m.2 slots and that met everything. Hopefully I will have some luck with the memory support.

Are there any B350 boards with an Intel nic? Can't seem to find any.

Anyone know if 2933 is the max for the memory? I know the boards all seem to have some mem issues, but i already had a 3200 gskill rgb kit on its way.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Killer SLIac/
Says it does 2933+OC on the support page. Probably would need a bios update to do 3200, and RAM can downclocked to whatever the board needs.(It's also the one I bought, and have currently being shipped to me)

You'all should watch this, about Ryzen memory frequencies/clocks:

This dude knows his stuff. Don't judge the book by its cover :)

Watch some of his older videos, he does insane stuff.

local SoCal Microcenter had 4 x370s (5 if you count the one I got) when I went on Sunday. Not shown in stock on website. 1 Fatality Pro, 1 MSI Titanium and 2 Gigabyte Gaming 5s. YMMV of course but I definitely saw them and was the primary reason I got the combo. Otherwise I was in the store to get a i7 since I was tired of waiting for stuff to come in stock but was nicely surprised when I got to the BYO desk.

FYI, Newegg has the Asus Rog Crosshair vi in stock. I just grabbed one as my amazon preorder still hasn't shipped.

FYI, Newegg has the Asus Rog Crosshair vi in stock. I just grabbed one as my amazon preorder still hasn't shipped.
Thanks boss. Ordered. Hopefully Asus gets a BIOS update out soon though, as I see peeps bitching.

Yeah, I have been reading about it. I am not going to risk overclocking until there is a stable bios, seems pretty easy to brick the board.

I saw that today and ordered my Crosshair VI Hero through Newegg as well and cancelled my order with Amazon. I will be updating it to the new beta bios to keep from bricking the board by accident tho.

Back