The Adventures of Danboard

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
From last weekend. I will post some later with models.

OK where did you get this, was it oversea's and you brought it back, or is there a place in TO that has it?

It is a japanese toy, but I had it shipped. There are a few online sites that sell this.

I am going to bring this character with me everywhere :)

It's like Domokun, only generic or something. Hell, I even found a diagram to make a cardboard Domokun just now. :D

But as always, darktiger, you take some of the coolest photos, I swear. What would be wicked evil cool (at least to me) would be a way of getting one of those tilt-effect images of people way off in the distance, and then have Danboard in it somehow, almost like a "Godzilla trashes Tokyo" kind of effect... know what I mean?

Hey, it's an idea... maybe you can bring it to fruition. Still using that other image you created, "It's All About The Pentiums," as my wallpaper too. :)

Keep 'em coming...

psstt... just had a great idea:

Make the cardboard Domokun and set him in front of Danboard screaming with his arm raised and capture it... ;)

Very cool, I like the PP on the beginning ones.

What gear were you using?

Did you use a flash at all on any of those first ones or just natural light?

Did you use a flash at all on any of those first ones or just natural light?

Exif says flash fired for the first one and second. Looks like he used it for fill, like the drain pipe one. Look nice and even as well. I can't see any compensation, but that doesn't mean he didn't use it. Maybe -1 or -1 and a 3rd. DT?

DUUUDE

I MUST HAVE HIM

Why haven't I bought him yet?

That is one of the AWESOMEREST figures in the werld. $24 I'm getting it...

I think I am going to make this one my wallpaper on my laptop.

this little guy is amazing. I will be ordering one for sure!

maybe I should spend my tax return on a decent camera too! lol.

looking on ebay, this guy is bringing down $35 to 55 a piece...

Found him for about $21-24 on a few sites though.

If there are any requests just PM me. Since I take these in RAW, my resolution is 5616 x 3744, 21mp rock :)

Yanno, when I saw this pic just now, it instantly got me thinking it was a darktiger shot I hadn't seen before, but alas, it's not. But, I wonder how you'd do it yourself... great idea for a shot but, I'd rather see how you could pull it off, if you can find a cup or mug with that kind of handle, that is. :) Great shot, nonetheless, just thought I'd share it since it's Danboard...

cupoflove.jpg

And that artist at http://pg-images.deviantart.com has some Danboard stuff too, obviously. ;)

hmm... there's a copy-killer on the loose. that little box is completely adorable in some inexplicable way - i can see why everyone might want to include it in their photos.

Danboard is enjoying the french quarters in NO. Pics coming soon...

Was just trying to picture this in my imagination: take some of those ball-point pen "chains" like they have (or had) years past for keeping the pens "tied" to counters, like in banks, etc - places where signatures were required but they didn't want people stealin' the pens. Take a few of those, paint 'em different colors, then string 'em looped around Danboard's "neck" like the party bead necklaces people get on Bourbon Street during the Mardi Gras... get him a Margarita thimble...

Hey, I'm just rolling with the idea... ;)

not sure how i failed to notice when it was posted earlier, but i just got quite a chuckle out of the one with danboard and the arctic silver 5. another great shot.

Now this is pretty cool... ;)

I saw this pic and the idea of Danboard as a huge "Transformer" came to mind, but that seems to be the idea:

danboardsupreme.jpg

And at first I was thinking how did they come up with that, but upon closer inspection (and another picture) it's a bit more clear:

danboardsupreme2.jpg

It's actually 5 Danboards combined to make what I call "Danboard Supreme" :) There were some plans on how to construct the big one (and yes, the idea of "Constructicons" comes to mind also, but since we know he's a good guy - right Danno? - then I'd liken him more to Omega Supreme in Transformers...) but I can't seem to locate 'em right now. The original website ain't workin' and even Archive.org doesn't have the necessary images either... crap.

But still, that's pretty damned cool I think... :D

ps
The original site with instructions was here:

http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/sakuhin/DANBOARD.htm

so if anyone can pull some magic outta their... well... if you find the plans, share 'em... :)

Actually it's easy. You need 5 danboards and 2 you are going to remove the legs, 2 you are going to move the arms and join them to one. The arms and legs come off easy.

Back