The absolute best air cooling?

As I've said several times before, the SI-128 is BETTER than the Ultra-120. If noise isn't an issue then an SI-128 with a high-CFM fan would kill an Ultra-120 in terms of performance. However, an Infinity with a high-CFM fan would perform slightly better than the SI-128. If you're willing to put up with the bulkiness and weight of the Infinity(you may have to use that alternate mounting method on XS), then go for it. If you'd like something lighter and more manageable, then go for the SI-128 with an >80CFM fan.

eternaljammer said:
lol. So, which is better Scythe Ninja, Ultra 120 or the Zalman 9500?
Please help. Noise is not an issue.
If you want better than all of those then go with the Amanda.

The new Ninja Plus Rev.B is now available. I think performance is the same as the original Ninja, but with a new hold down system. It's "slightly" smaller then the Infinity. It has 6 heat pipes.

So would it be worth it to upgrade from an XP-90 to say, a Big Typhoon or an SI-128?

My vote is for the Amanda. I have only personaly owned the Coolermaster Hyper48 and the Coolermaster Aquagate Mini R-120 prior to this, but I am very pleased with the results.

My AMD64 4000+:
Room - 24c
Stock ([email protected])
Idle - 30c
load - 37c
OC'd ([email protected])
Idle - 32c
Load - 42c

My 9500 is currently keeping my a64 1.6V at 41C load with 26C room temp. FYI that is .2V over stock.

Zalman also introduced their CNPS9700

lol?

He means he's running 1.6volt..

1.4 + .2 = 1.6 which is .2 over the stock vcore :)

aZn_plyR said:
lol?

He means he's running 1.6volt..

1.4 + .2 = 1.6 which is .2 over the stock vcore :)

Duh...lol is right. I thought he was refering to my posted volts :p It's late, time to go to bed apparently. lol.

silverphoenix : Those are nice readings for sure...how loud is it?

eternaljammer said:
lol. So, which is better Scythe Ninja, Ultra 120 or the Zalman 9500?
Please help. Noise is not an issue.

The 3 heatsyncs there are all designed for low cfm, low noise fans and will show limited gains with faster fans. Tuniq tower or scythe infinity will work better with higher cfm fans I think.

Bloodgod42 said:
Duh...lol is right. I thought he was refering to my posted volts :p It's late, time to go to bed apparently. lol.

silverphoenix : Those are nice readings for sure...how loud is it?

I run it at around 1600RPM using qfan, i've noticed there is no temp difference, but I have pretty good case airflow. At full speed you can hear a faint whiiring.

How much of a performance difference is there between the Sythe Infinity and the Zalman 9500? Originally I had planned on getting a CNPS9500 for my new box that I'm building from scratch (Core 2 Duo E6600, P5W DH Deluxe mobo).

After researching it a little bit though it seems like the zalman is mostly designed for low noise, and not performance. Lower noise is always a plus, but not a priority for me right now. I'm mostly interested in getting the most performance out of my new system as possible (since my old box is disgustingly old and obsolete).

The Zalman is one pretty HSF, but will I see drastically better temps with a Sythe Infinity (more than 2-5 degrees)? I don't think I'll bother with the CNPS9500 if all I'll get is marginally better temps than a stock HSF.

it'll defintely be better than stock, but as far as I've seen, the infinity is one of the BEST, the zalman not as much.

Back