Bearing Type: Double Ball Bearing
Nominal Speed(RPM): 4800
Max Air Flow: (CFM): 119
Max Pressure: Unknown
Heat Sink Material: N/A
Rated Voltage: 12V DC
Connector: 3 Pin and 4 Pin
Noise(dBA): 56.4

When I first set this thing up to run at 12V. I swore it sucked the oxygen out of my room. That and I could hear it running outside my room with the door closed and the TV blasting. It's now running at 7V ( 3000-3090RPM ) and is much more tolerable. If I can find a Digital Camera, I'll post some pic of my battle scars with it. * shudder * It was a day that will be remembered for many a year.

Originally posted by [H]ea\/y B
Vantec Tornado Specs:

Compatibility: 92mm Cooling Fan
Dimensions: 92x92x38(mm)
Bearing Type: Double Ball Bearing
Nominal Speed(RPM): 4800
Max Air Flow: (CFM): 119
Max Pressure: Unknown
Heat Sink Material: N/A
Rated Voltage: 12V DC
Connector: 3 Pin and 4 Pin
Noise(dBA): 56.4

When I first set this thing up to run at 12V. I swore it sucked the oxygen out of my room. That and I could hear it running outside my room with the door closed and the TV blasting. It's now running at 7V ( 3000-3090RPM ) and is much more tolerable. If I can find a Digital Camera, I'll post some pic of my battle scars with it. * shudder * It was a day that will be remembered for many a year.

the 80 is even worse... it has more of a whiny noise =\

Probly a lot :D I have an 80mm Tornado that I used at full blast for 2-3 months before I got sick of that. It really does cool well but I was stunned at how loud it was with my case open. Case closed was better but I have a window so I'm sure that doesn't help. I could hear it whining away from downstairs with my door closed, so finally I just needed some relief. I bought a Sunbeam Rheobus for 15 bucks from SVC and no complaints since then. At 2300 RPM (just barely running) it cools ok and is really very quiet. At full blast, it's still loud as hell but cools great. At least now I have the choice :cool:

PS: I do not have any children. You may decide whether that is because I never had any children or because my Vantec Tornado ate them already. I'm not telling which :D

Back