The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Great it works for you, it is a good panel when it works as intended.
I still have the same issues though even with the latest firmware and after calibration.
I learned how to live with these annoyances though.
You can't have this problem after the calibration, what colorimeter do you have? I have an i1 display pro and the delta e Is less then 1 on both colors and greyscales as I said.

I don't even understand who said that the monitor has a fan. Did you bought the same monitor?

The monitor has no fan at all as is supposed to be since it lacks the gsync module.

I do not have the problem with it being color inaccurate after calibration, I have plenty of other small/medium problems described by me earlier.
i1 display pro as well.
I do not believe this monitor has a fan although I've seen various non-gsync monitors with a fan like AW3423DWF or plenty of professional ones from EIZO or NEC for example.

color profile file should not be shared since monitor settings varies from unit to unit and it should be computed on the monitor itself but you can try my settings if you want,
on my monitor with this settings the panel is crazy accurate.

On monitor OSD set:
R Gain: 52
G Gain: 46
B Gain: 44

There is a bug in Acer Display Widget software when setting the RGB Gain, if you set a number in Acer display widget, the number set in the monitor via DDC/CI is different.
So use OSD and not Acer Display Widget for this. Using Acer Display Widget for the calibration is not good since every single increment in the gain results in a "real" increment of 3 or 4%,
so use OSD for calibration.

Set brightness to 56 to work at 250cd/m2, lower it or higher it if you prefer, this panel is incredible, it doesn't change color accuracy that much if you change the brightness.

This is the ICC profile:

Last edited:
regarding the brightness uniformity using FALD I sincerely can't desire more, this is the most uniform monitor I had and I think that it can compete with cheap EIZOs regarding uniformity.

this uniformity is simply stellar in a "non professional" monitor.

1678173347679.png

That's great you didn't run into any issues. I didn't run into any OSD/firmware related bugs myself during my week's testing with it but as I said before, I set everything in the OSD one time only which was the first day I got it and then never messed with the OSD ever again so that pretty much freed me from any bugs or other issues. If you are constantly switching settings around then you may run into problems later that you didn't run into at first. But for now it's good to hear all is well, I think for the $1100 it's a MUCH better value than at $1500.

regarding the brightness uniformity using FALD I sincerely can't desire more, this is the most uniform monitor I had and I think that it can compete with cheap EIZOs regarding uniformity.
I don't think that anyone complained about the uniformity of the panel.

PS: all Acer Display Widget app quircks can be "workarounded" by doing this:
set all the settings you want to store in a profile from the OSD, now open the OSD and click "save settings to":
save all the settings in one of the three user defined profile.

now switch between profiles using OSD or Acer Display Widget, in this way, all the settingsare changed correctly from one profile to another.

Monitor is arrived, most of your complaints was true until I updated to the latest firmware.
Once updated to the latest firmware the monitor is somewhat flawless.

I was so worried but after a complete afternoon spent searching all the monitor options I'm super excited. Monitor is super awesome.

HDR performance are amazing and I don't see real issues with the panel.
I agree that the monitor tends to have some darker tints on greyscales but highering the brightness helps.

My colorimeter improved the dark tones on greyscales so the monitor is now perfect.

I think that people that spend so much on a monitor should have a colorimeter in order to calibrate their monitor based on their own preferences.

The only thing that I don't like that much is the fact that you can't disable over drive when using gsync. It's a minor annoyance but overdrive creates small overshoot problems on black text on white background.
If you are happy with 160 nits, this monitor is probably a really good choice. For me, 160 nits is way too low but YMMV as always. Glad you like the X32 though!

If you are happy with 160 nits, this monitor is probably a really good choice. For me, 160 nits is way too low but YMMV as always. Glad you like the X32 though!

At 160 nits this monitor needs calibration if you are not happy with the dark grayscales.
Once calibrated with a colorimeter, grayscales return bright as it should. I'm comparing it with my XV273K and X32 is not darker than it :)

another things you can try is the Black Boost from the default 5 to 6.
if fixes most of the dark areas :)

Just got my Acer Predator X32 FP for $1100.

So I'm not a professional monitor reviewer but here is my review on it. Hopefully it helps some other folk who are thinking about getting this.

Right out the box, with it's default OSD settings, I noticed that everything is DARK. Maybe it was partially due to the settings from my old monitor, but I've heard other people who got this saying the same thing. I was wondering why it was like that compared to my predator x27, which is much more brighter. In order to unleash the potential of this monitor, you definitely need to make changes to the OSD / Nvidia Control Panel / Windows HDR color settings. I tried the settings that were taken from Ripspawn recent post and they work quite well, mines are similar.

In the Windows HD Color Settings, turn on HDR, and then move the HDR/SDR brightness balance to a higher level. I put mine to 75. Anything between 70 and 100 brings out the HDR quality of this monitor.

View attachment 551835

In the Nvidia Control Panel settings, you need to toggle the brightness and contrast much higher than the default of 50%. I feel anything between 70-80% is good.
View attachment 551839

These are the OSD settings I have.
- In the OSD, there is only one mode that is usable and brings out the brightness, that's the HDR mode. It will automatically make the brightness 100 in the OSD, and you can't change it. All the other presets like Action, Racing, Sports, etc can't even compare to the HDR mode. They all look so dim and washed out compared to the HDR mode.
- You can change the color space, and I chose HDR as well. The other color space settings like DCI, Standard, sRGB, Rec.709 are all dim and washed out. Even when I changed the brightness to be higher for those, it just couldn't compare to the HDR color space. Colors pop out.
- Then there's the Adaptive Dimming. Turning it Low or Off worked for me. The name of the setting says it all; turning it on will dim the monitor in certain situations and make it less bright/colorful. When it's off, there is no dimming at all.
- Then there's the Overdrive setting. I know that the "extreme" preset is not usable and is noticeable. It will hurt your eyes. It's hard to tell by visual inspection only the difference between "off" and "normal" presets.

All in all, after I changed the settings, it brought out the fine qualities of the monitor. The HDR experience of the monitor is great; on par with the Predator x27 and likely surpassing it. This thing can get REAL bright. Looking at some 4K HDR videos from YouTube is a very good experience. The monitor has a very wide color gamut, displaying various colors beautifully. Text and static high resolution images are very detailed & clear so no issues there for me. I also tried gaming (Dying Light 2, Far Cry 6), and the image quality is good. However, my eyes started to strain a tiny bit after a while, I did have it at 160 hz using DisplayPort with G-Sync compatibility on in the control panel. Maybe this requires more fiddling around in the settings. There is fan in the back of the monitor, you need to go very close to it to hear it, but it's extremely faint. Hopefully no issues later on with that like the x27 which has a loud G-Sync fan. In the end I think this is a very good HDR panel. Though it is not the best out there (i.e. compared to OLED), I give a solid 8 out of 10.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone. Honestly I feel these images definitely do not show the HDR experience as compared to when you are right in front of the screen. It's wayyy better in person.

View attachment 551828View attachment 551845View attachment 551846View attachment 551847
Thanks for the info - super helpful. One question about the GOT pic. Does the x32 have issues keeping the black letterboxing on the bottom of the screen actually black when there are highlights above it? I've got the 32m2v, and my only real complaint is that the black bars at the bottom of the screen tend to get grayish if the content above them is bright.

Thanks for the info - super helpful. One question about the GOT pic. Does the x32 have issues keeping the black letterboxing on the bottom of the screen actually black when there are highlights above it? I've got the 32m2v, and my only real complaint is that the black bars at the bottom of the screen tend to get grayish if the content above them is bright.
It looks black enough to me, not gray I'd say. I'm not a professional reviewer, but it does look black. Also when there's light in the room, the lights from around the room cause a tiny amount of reflection in the monitor's screen. The screen does have semi-reflective coating. Let me know if that helps.

Reactions: ecs47
like this
It looks black enough to me, not gray I'd say. I'm not a professional reviewer, but it does look black. Also when there's light in the room, the lights from around the room cause a tiny amount of reflection in the monitor's screen. The screen does have semi-reflective coating. Let me know if that helps.
There's no real getting around this with Mini-LED, I never watch movies on my monitor for this exact reason. Absolutely drives me nuts.

You guys are scaring me now with all the dead X27's. I've had mine for 5 years as well so not sure how much life is left in it, but currently it's boxed up and stored as a backup display incase my InnoCN kicks the bucket. Would suck to have my InnoCN die in the future, then bring the X27 back out and having it die shortly after too lol.
I'm sure it will last. Just don't open the back panel and start trying to replace the fan and mess with the connectors like I did. You must take extreme caution and do research if you ever do this.. in my experience these are delicate parts.

I agree, unless you put an OLED right next to it, the blacks is really good on this monitor. In part because Acer seem to prioritize blacks over brightness in their algorithms.

Well good to know I'm wasn't crazy when it comes to the overdrive behavior lol. I swore mine had zero overshoot even in the Normal mode but others were saying it has it.

1678402593374.png

Other than that the review seems to line up well with my findings of the X32FP vs 32M2V. InnoCN has noticeably slower response times, less blooming, but can flicker in VRR + HDR, mostly when you are getting frame rates at the lower end of the VRR range while the X32FP didn't show any flickering.

Can anyone here with the Innocn 32M2V verify if, in SDR mode with FALD enabled, does it prioritize brights at the expense of more blooming (like the X27), or does it dim overall brightness in darker scenes with bright highlights (like the X32FP)? I prefer the former's more stable brightness.

Can anyone here with the Innocn 32M2V verify if, in SDR mode with FALD enabled, does it prioritize brights at the expense of more blooming (like the X27), or does it dim overall brightness in darker scenes with bright highlights (like the X32FP)? I prefer the former's more stable brightness.
I don't have Inno but from the displayninja's review above:

"A similar monitor to the Acer Predator X32FP is the Innocn 32M2V, but it has an 1152-zone mini LED FALD. The local dimming algorithm on the 32M2V prioritizes to minimize blooming, so the Acer X32FP will appear a bit brighter, but with more blooming."

Can I just ask, as of now, are the ViewSonic ELITE XG321UG and ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX, still considered worthwhile to get, or are there going to be other options available in 2023?

InnoCN is setup to minimize blooming.

Can I just ask, as of now, are the ViewSonic ELITE XG321UG and ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX, still considered worthwhile to get, or are there going to be other options available in 2023?

Pg32uqx is too slow imho, they use and older panel over the next PG32UQXR or Acer X32 FP.

I currently have an older LG 850 1440p GSync which I love but I'm in the market for a 32 inch 4k monitor and yesterday I purchased the LG 32GQ950. I'm not sure the reason but this gives me eye strain the moment I started using it, the same way the old Samsung CH series did. I will be returning it and picking up the Acer X32FP this morning. It's a shame on the LG as it looks really good and I wanted to stay with LG. If the X32FP doesn't work out I will probably grab the Dell 4k and call it a day but I'm hoping the X32FP is amazing.

I just set up the X32FP and my initial impression of this monitor is very negative. I will check to see if it's on the latest firmware and play around with it today but this seems very inferior to the LG 950 in every way.

I just set up the X32FP and my initial impression of this monitor is very negative. I will check to see if it's on the latest firmware and play around with it today but this seems very inferior to the LG 950 in every way.

Well that doesn't sound right given that one has a real FALD while the other one doesn't. TFTCentral has one in for review right now so if anything the issues that you run into they might be able to help remedy.

I did the latest update and it did fix an issue I was having with the HDMI connection stating in a small boxed window that input was not supported. However, I had to use a different docking station for my work laptop because the monitor would not recognize it on my regular docking station. On the HDMI (Work laptop)connection it gets plenty bright in SDR mode to the point where I had to lower the brightness down to 40. OK great, now how about the displayport connection to my gaming/personal setup. This is where things get tricky. Adaptive mode needs to be off. Even at low settings the monitor looks super dull SDR or HDR mode. I cannot get the brightness and picture quality to look good. For the sake of trying something different I turned off DSC. It dropped the frame rate down to 120hz but the monitor's color and brightness seem to be more uniform and more of what the LG 950 looked like. I enable DSC again and the display went back to 160hz and retained its brightness levels and uniformity. I will try out some games later but this has been my experience so far. It's definitely not as "plug and play" as the LG 950.

Can you describe?

It's crazy looking, 1200nits + proper HDR is stunning.
I sincerely really like the algorithm used for the active dimming.

Very bright highlights, no haloing on complex scenes and no black crush of lost of details.

With HDR games this monitor is far superior than X27 in every aspects.

Leave alone that this monitor is crazy fast, at 60hz is fast, at 120hz forget about ghosting

Enable max brightness, you are looking at a dull image probably.
My suggestion is to enable max brightness and deactivate local dimming for the best colour accuracy in SDR environment and enjoy the true HDR experience with HDR contents.

This monitor has more features of the lg.
You need to learn how to use it even if I agree that the firmware could be more refined.

This monitor has more features of the lg.
You need to learn how to use it even if I agree that the firmware could be more refined.
Max brightness is enabled. I will keep playing around with it. Ideally, I want this to work out for me.

Max brightness is enabled. I will keep playing around with it. Ideally, I want this to work out for me.

That is the crappy part about these new FALD monitors, they are simply not plug and play and require some fiddling to get looking proper. Only the older ones with the Gsync module seem to just work flawlessly without tinkering, the only one that I owned though was the Acer X27 so I can't speak for the other models as I've never owned any of the FALD Gsync ultrawides or the 32" 4K models but I think those also work seemlessly.

That is the crappy part about these new FALD monitors, they are simply not plug and play and require some fiddling to get looking proper. Only the older ones with the Gsync module seem to just work flawlessly without tinkering, the only one that I owned though was the Acer X27 so I can't speak for the other models as I've never owned any of the FALD Gsync ultrawides or the 32" 4K models but I think those also work seemlessly.
Correct - the PG32UQX and XG321UG don't need any fiddling.

Back