The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

There's no click bait. If the majority of a panel can't transition in 6.9ms, it's not a 144hz panel. Period.

There is a UFO test at 11:27 where you can see the smearing...

Whether it's the best currently is debatable, but it's still bad. The M32U for example is miles faster. Also, whether you can see smearing is completely subjective and irrelevent.
The majority of panel can transition in 6.9ms. You're quoting averages.
You can't see any smearing in that UFO test. Go see how smearing look and how it is different from the usual LCD motion blur.
M32U is faster but it's still have loads of LCD blur and much worse color reproduction. It's also worse in terms of visible OD artifacts. So if the only thing you're sensitive to is the slight blur on motion then sure that one will be better to you personally. Me - I honestly don't see much difference in this between PG32UQ and a C1 OLED.

The majority of panel can transition in 6.9ms. You're quoting averages.
You can't see any smearing in that UFO test. Go see how smearing look and how it is different from the usual LCD motion blur.
M32U is faster but it's still have loads of LCD blur and much worse color reproduction. It's also worse in terms of visible OD artifacts. So if the only thing you're sensitive to is the slight blur on motion then sure that one will be better to you personally. Me - I honestly don't see much difference in this between PG32UQ and a C1 OLED.
"LCD motion blur" is slow pixel response, it's the same thing. That's why response times are such an important part of all reviews.

Here is the "155Hz" PG32UQ vs the LG 120Hz C1:

Attachments

• UFO_Comparison.jpg
    UFO_Comparison.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0
No, is not. There is always some degree of pixel transition time on LCD but that doesn't mean that there is always smearing.

That's with BFI on C1 which is hardly fair. But again, the actual visible diffirence is close to invisible to me.
You're right, I copied the wrong side of the frame. Here it is corrected with the FI32U added in as well (which isn't great either).

You're also right there is always transition time, and if the transition time is less than the time between frames there is no issue. If a transition is only 80% complete when the next frame is called, then you get image degradation. That's why most VA panels have black smearing, the dark to light transitions are so much slower that you can see them lagging behind. The PG32UQ has transitions that are 17ms at 155Hz, which means that transition would only be 40% complete when the next frame is called. This is where the smearing comes from.

Now, stating that you personally cannot see the difference is all good, that's personal preference. But I can, as can many others. Telling others it's objectively just as good is incorrect, especially considering we're talking about $1000 here.

Attachments

• UFO_Comparison2.jpg
    UFO_Comparison2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 0
The PG32UQ has transitions that are 17ms at 155Hz, which means that transition would only be 40% complete when the next frame is called. This is where the smearing comes from.
These are a minority limited to near blacks and near whites though. You don't see them, and I've used the thing for half a year so I know what I'm talking about from experience. There is literally zero smearing on that panel and it's absolutely fine at 144Hz.
Of course it can be faster but there are no such panels in existence so that's a purely theoretical disadvantage. I too would very much prefer a 240Hz OLED with RGB pixels and in 32-42" size but hey there is none.
And the main issue of that panel is contrast, not its speed. It is a very mediocre panel for blacks and it's coating doesn't help it to look good in bright ambient conditions either.

Found a review of the Acer x32 FP some of you are maybe interested in it. But you need to use browser translation its from Taiwan :D

https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=60030&snA=605653

Edit:
I also talked to that guy, he said HDR and Contrast are a blast for him, but Monitor right now stuggles with resolution changes (on PC) so his screen is not working after a change and he need to turn it of and on again. For PS5 VRR is not working and on Xbox series X everything is working fine.
But Acer alrdy told him they work on the firmware.

Last edited:
Found a review of the Acer x32 FP some of you are maybe interested in it. But you need to use browser translation its from Taiwan :D

https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=60030&snA=605653

Edit:
I also talked to that guy, he said HDR and Contrast are a blast for him, but Monitor right now stuggles with resolution changes (on PC) so his screen is not working after a change and he need to turn it of and on again. For PS5 VRR is not working and on Xbox series X everything is working finde.
But Acer alrdy told him they work on the firmware.
Does he talk about the red tint issue? Other reviews have mentioned it.

Does he talk about the red tint issue? Other reviews have mentioned it.
Yes he said it´s actualy just caused by phone or camera, in reality its not existing and looks totaly fine. Other Pictures look more blue then reality same issue here.

Review of the 32GQ950 is up. You don't need to understand Korean, it's pretty straight forward.
Lots of the graphs and charts are self explanatory, but searching the translated text didn't find anything about my biggest interest; how well the ATW polarizer helps with glow.

I do like what I could see of the authors style through the translator though: Not recommended for "I want a product that uses Mini LED for Kim who spends money."

Why is it terrible ? thats something i always had some struggle to fully understand. What i can see is that the overdrive feature is totaly useless and just marketing.
Overdrive off has 3 distinct images and OD modes have a distinct inverted ghost image. It's better than most 32" 4k 144hz monitors, but that's why we have been waiting for this: All of those are not great at something.

The top tier 27" 4K and 2K monitors are much better than the x32 FP appears to be. I'm starting to think I will have to go 3x27 if I don't want to wait another couple years.

Overdrive off has 3 distinct images and OD modes have a distinct inverted ghost image. It's better than most 32" 4k 144hz monitors, but that's why we have been waiting for this: All of those are not great at something.

The top tier 27" 4K and 2K monitors are much better than the x32 FP appears to be. I'm starting to think I will have to go 3x27 if I don't want to wait another couple years.
Okay thank you :)

But is there a mini Led real HDR screen in 27" ? or is one coming ?

Last edited:

Agreed, this thing looks even worst than the already bad PG32UQX.

Guess that confirms it's still using the same snail panel, looks like my X27 will just have to soldier on.

It's possible the PG32UQXE could be using the 32GQ950 panel instead of the crap AUO looking at the timing and specs.

If that's the case, it will be the clear winner.

The basis is that DP1.4 DSC is maxed on data stream so 144hz is capped ay 8 bit (FRC),

I have seen drive versions show it and some drivers allow it, but the monitor output at 144 is actually 8 bit. I tried to post an image her that helps but it won't let me due to the image extension. Basically I can view a 10 bit image that shows details and information that an 8 bit cannot. This is a common practice on my end as I do a lot in medical images. So in non-game mode, just 2d desktop, I can see that a 10bit true image is not rendered at 144 DP 1.4 DSC.
Isn't it weird that DP1.4 with DSC can do 4k144Hz 8-bit but not 10-bit? DSC should be able to triple the bandwidth.
Maybe whatever implementation of DSC the monitor is using is gimped.

Isn't it weird that DP1.4 with DSC can do 4k144Hz 8-bit but not 10-bit? DSC should be able to triple the bandwidth.
Maybe whatever implementation of DSC the monitor is using is gimped.
DP1.4 with DSC does 4K/10b/144Hz fine. It can do 240Hz @ 4K/10b in fact.

The need to drop bit depth to 8 to be able to hit >100Hz in 4K over DP1.4 is present when there is no DSC support (either on GPU or display).

But 4k/144Hz/8-bit over DP1.4 isn't possible without DSC.
So I'm curious why Venturi had an issue where 4k/144Hz/8-bit worked but 4k/144Hz/10-bit did not. That should never be the case with DP1.4. Either both will work (with DSC), or neither will work (without DSC).

The first model is 32″ in size and has a 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD) resolution IPS panel. This is combined with a 144Hz refresh rate, and supported by adaptive sync for VRR from both NVIDIA and AMD systems. It is certified under the AMD ‘FreeSync Premium’ and NVIDIA ‘G-sync Compatible’ schemes. There is a 1ms response time spec advertised as well, although Corsair list this as being relevant for the ‘fastest’ mode.
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/corsair-launch-new-32uhd144-and-32qhd240-gaming-monitors

So I'm curious why Venturi had an issue where 4k/144Hz/8-bit worked but 4k/144Hz/10-bit did not. That should never be the case with DP1.4. Either both will work (with DSC), or neither will work (without DSC).
This seems to be a PG32UQX DSC implementation limitation more than anything else.

Hi, in 3 different high end monitors asus PA32ucg, agon/Porsche 4k, and the asus PG32UQx, the 144 output on DP is 8 bit. on each one go to "info" in the osd, check yourself. The image on the screen is also 8 bit. You can get 144/10 bit in hdmi 2.1, but those three monitors will not do it in dp 1.4, also I believe the PA32uQX does not have hdmi 2.1.

I have had all three version of those monitors, and have direct experience on this. I ended up just keeping and staying on the PA32UCG monitors, and using the hdm 2.1 connection.

Those higher refresh rates and 10bit are only available in DP 2.0, but are available now in hdmi 2.1

DP1.4 with DSC does 4K/10b/144Hz fine. It can do 240Hz @ 4K/10b in fact.

The need to drop bit depth to 8 to be able to hit >100Hz in 4K over DP1.4 is present when there is no DSC support (either on GPU or display).
I would like for that to be true, but I do not think monitors at 4k, 10bit can do 240hz 10 bit 4k on DP 1.4, that would be above the specification.

Last edited:
I would like for that to be true, but I do not think monitors at 4k, 10bit can do 240hz 10 bit 4k on DP 1.4, that would be above the specification.
Theoretically DSC can triple the bandwidth, but whether this has ever been implemented successfully, is unknown.

Does anyone with a Neo G8 know if 4k240Hz 10-bit is doable over DP?

Last edited:
Update for the Acer Predator X32FP. I´ve got a mail from my seller new arrival date is now 24. Oktober :D
I kinda hope something better or equal will arrive on the market earlier.

Update for the Acer Predator X32FP. I´ve got a mail from my seller new arrival date is now 24. Oktober :D
I kinda hope something better or equal will arrive on the market earlier.
It won't. It's been a year since the first 32" 4K displays appeared and there still isn't much known about the next wave of such screens. It will probably be another year or so before we will get proper new panels in this size.

It won't. It's been a year since the first 32" 4K displays appeared and there still isn't much known about the next wave of such screens. It will probably be another year or so before we will get proper new panels in this size.
Thats what i also think. I´m also pretty sure acer has no idea if they can deliver until end Oktober.

btw.: Hardware unboxed got the G8 review online :cautious:

Last edited:
Back