The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Still waiting for these 3 Monitors to drop:

1. LG 32GQ950
2. Samsung Odyssey Neo G8
3. Acer Predator X32FP

Last edited:
Still waiting for these 3 Monitors to drop:

1. LG 32GQ950
2. Samsung Odyssey Neo G8
3. Acer Predator X32FP
Yeah where the heck is that X32FP?

But honestly, my dream monitor at this point is something like the X32FP or PA32UCG in an ultra-wide config. E.g. 5120x2160p at about 40"

There is a new player in the house, announced today, available today:
https://www.porsche-design.com/de/d...c-agon-pro-pd32m/?variationCode=4056487022307

32“, Mini-LED, HDR 1400 Label, 4K, 144hz, HDMI 2.1, USB C with PD 95W.

Sadly not a Word on Dimming Zones so far

Based on the peak brightness of 1,600 nits and DisplayHDR 1400 certification, I'm guessing it's using the same panel as the Asus PA32UCG/PG32UQX and Viewsonic XG321U. Which means it would have 1,152 zones. The 576 miniLED panels, such as the Acer x32/x32 FP, are only certified for DisplayHDR 1,000. As far as I know, there isn't any other miniLED panel or configuration that offers DisplayHDR 1400, 144Hz and a 32" size.

Edit: You can actually pre-order this monitor right now, with a tentative ship date in June for $1,799.00. If it really is the same panel as the $3K PG32UQX and $5K PA32UCG, that's a pretty significant price drop in less than a year. And while it doesn't have the hardware G-Sync, you do get HDMI 2.1 (whether it's just one or both ports remains to be seen). Not bad.

Last edited:
Edit: You can actually pre-order this monitor right now, with a tentative ship date in June for $1,799.00. If it really is the same panel as the $3K PG32UQX and $5K PA32UCG, that's a pretty significant price drop in less than a year. And while it doesn't have the hardware G-Sync, you do get HDMI 2.1 (whether it's just one or both ports remains to be seen). Not bad.
It’s the Asus in better (HDMI 2.1 baby!) and a lot cheaper 😉

It’s the Asus in better (HDMI 2.1 baby!) and a lot cheaper 😉
A lot cheaper, yes, especially compared to the PA32UCG but not necessarily better since the PA32UCG has one HDMI 2.1 port and the PG32UQX only has HDMi 2.0. Curious if the Porsche Design version will have two HDMi 2.1 ports...

And while I'm pretty sure the PD monitor will have 1,152 zones, it would be nice if this was actually confirmed via the spec sheet or some news outlet.

That AOC monitor is actually pretty cool. External control pad for switching inputs/settings etc. The Asus version is something nobody should be buying since the Viewsonic exists. I do think there is merit to the Gsync module but not $700 worth.

Looks good...this is the first I'm seeing of a KVM though, which I needed. Maybe I'll eventually upgrade from my M32U

TFT Central got some additional details about the Porsche Design AOC PD32M monitor.

TFT Central - AOC Porsche Design AGON PRO PD32M with 31.5″ 4K, 144Hz, Mini LED Backlight and HDR 1400

It's actually using a panel from Innolux, which explains the 31.5" size versus the AUO equipped monitors. And it's confirmed will have 1,152 dimming zones like the AUO panel in PG32UQX/PA32UCG/etc. However, they're claiming a 1ms GtG response time. That's probably marketing fluff but considering the PG32UQX was advertised as 4ms GtG, I'm wondering if this panel is a lot more responsive and be comparable to LCD monitors from the 2020s as opposed to the mid-2010s.

The AOC has no option to enable FALD for SDR which makes it IMO pointless.

EDIT: The Viewsonic that's $2499 with a Gsync module and reflex is also claiming a reduction of 1ms from 4 to 3. Maybe it uses the new panel as well.

Last edited:

Couldn't you just enable HDR on all the time in Windows and trick it to keep FALD active? IMO windows handle SDR content just fine in HDR now and there is no reason to ever turn it off. I have had HDR enabled for 2 years now.

Yeah but from my experience with the PG32UQX leaving HDR enabled on desktop looks nothing like SDR even with the SDR brightness slider adjusted. Desktop looks super saturated and wrong.

I have no problem leaving HDR on permanently on my C1 since it looks identical to SDR but no LCD I've tried does.

Yeah but from my experience with the PG32UQX leaving HDR enabled on desktop looks nothing like SDR even with the SDR brightness slider adjusted. Desktop looks super saturated and wrong.

I have no problem leaving HDR on permanently on my C1 since it looks identical to SDR but no LCD I've tried does.

That's weird. I also leave HDR on all the time on my X27 and it looks perfectly fine. In fact I cannot even enable "SDR sRGB colors" in the monitor's OSD with HDR enabled but it still looks like actual SDR colors and not oversaturated REC2020 on my desktop.

That's weird. I also leave HDR on all the time on my X27 and it looks perfectly fine. In fact I cannot even enable "SDR sRGB colors" in the monitor's OSD with HDR enabled but it still looks like actual SDR colors and not oversaturated REC2020 on my desktop.
I might be imagining things then. Need someone else to confirm.

I want to contact AOC and see if they are firmware updatable but worst case yeah, just leave HDR on.

EDIT: The Viewsonic that's $2499 with a Gsync module and reflex is also claiming a reduction of 1ms from 4 to 3. Maybe it uses the new panel as well.
Wait, really Where did you see that for the AOC monitor? If that's the case, that's kinda ridiculous.

As for the Viewsonic, according to the specs and TFT Central, it's the same AUO panel as the PG32UQX. Same size, too, versus this PD AOC monitor that's 31.5" instead of 32".

Viewsonic XG321U

Wait, really Where did you see that for the AOC monitor? If that's the case, that's kinda ridiculous.

As for the Viewsonic, according to the specs and TFT Central, it's the same AUO panel as the PG32UQX. Same size, too, versus this PD AOC monitor that's 31.5" instead of 32".

Viewsonic XG321U
Yeah you're correct. The Viewsonic is just a PG32UQX at a lower price.

A few AOC owners here confirming the no FALD in SDR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/u8xtan/preordered_the_aoc_pd32m_and_it_arrived_today/

It just doesn't make sense to me to pay the FALD tax and then get $599 M32U performance in SDR which is 70% of my use case.

I just got the FI32U and having white uniformity issues -- basically when surfing web pages with a white background, there is like a portion of the screen near the centre where the colours appear greenish rather than red. Strangely, when I do a DisplayCal uniformity test, the results are still within tolerance (except for the upper right, which is fine for me). I have no dead pixels and all though and the monitor works really well otherwise. Just wondering if I should just learn to cope with it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-29 181027.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-29 181027.png
    848.7 KB · Views: 0
Yep, the FI32U is just meh anyway. Unfortunately.
Even when you won the panel lottery.

I don't think anyone here has but it's been discussed above. It's a less expensive PG32UQX with Nvidia Reflex added.

First pricing in Germany for the LG GQ950:
https://geizhals.de/lg-32gq950-b-a2730590.html

I didn't expect it to be that expensive…
Yeah I don't know how they will keep these sort of prices for much longer when you can get 34" ultrawide and 42" OLEDs for less. LCDs like the LG don't have anything else going on except that burn in is not a problem and they can manage higher sustained brightness in HDR at the expense of dark detail.

At around 1000 euros I would be interested.

I am not impressed with what I have gone through.....

Monitors I am using, have used
Asus PA32UCG, PA32UCX, PG32UQX
Porsche Design PD32M.

Results
*PA32UCG - best of the 4, but still has issues. HDMI 2.1 may cause no boot screen/bios, mostly only works after windows is booted. Any firmware above 103m cause huge blooming issues.
Firmware 103, seems the best and makes the monitor worthwhile. Displayport 1.4 DSC works, however, in windows there is a 1-3 second blank / black screen when switching between 2d and 3d.
Monitor can do 120hz, freesynch and 10 bit colour. It can do 144hz on dp 1.4 and hdmi 2.1 if you go to 8 bit color. I was hoping for a 103 firmware visually capable update that also enabled 10 bit HDMI 2.1 at 144 because there isn't a limitation in the HDMI 2.1 standard. Brighter and more accurate than any monitor out there with best image quality. This is the one I use, this is the best, with a large grain of salt.
PA32UCG is the best monitor for 2D 3D pro work and the best gaming monitor and on firmware 103 it seems to be what one desires/expects. HOWEVER, the price is stupid high and QA issues plague the product line. ($5000)

PA32UCX - similar to PA32UCG except only 60hz, firmware 106 is the best on this monitor. No HDMI 2.1, and no DP 1.4 (only DP 1.2). Great picture like the PA32UCG. Kept it for wife's PC (she is into photography). If you like 60hz, this is a better monitor.
PA32UCX - same as PA32UCX, overpriced at 4500 and 5000 (very overpriced) but 2nd place in the whole FALD market. ($4500)

PG32UQX, a gaming monitor.120hz, 144hz only at 8 bit colour. Not as bright as PA32UCG and far from the same visual quality lots of blooming and firmware issues. Painful to look at in 2d a 3d due to excessive blooming and colour distortion. I did a RETURN on this one after countless hours with ASUS trying to figure out why the image quality is so different from the PA32UCG despite similar panels. Bad uniformity.
PG32uQX- it could gave been better, but ASUS is not going to improve it because it would compete with the $2000 more PA32UCG and PA32UCX that cost 2k more. ($3000)

Porsche Design PD32M (AOC) - best hardware, worst firmware. after trying two monitors I had to return both monitors. Terrible blooming, inferior brightness, horrible OSD, lousy tech support. The hardware has all the capabilities to dominate, but poor AOC firmware killed it. RETURN and RETURN --- PS as of writing this post, AOC tech support denies all knowledge of having this monitor. Nor do they have ANYONE in house that is aware of the PD collaboration. I had high hopes on this monitor, it has great potential, but alas, hardware is only as good as firmware and drivers supporting it.
the PD32M has the best potential (hardware) but AOC firmware and a lack of support signifies this is a dead product, the way it shipped is the way it will always be with little chance of a fixed firmware. ($1800)

*PA32UCG - great potential if Asus support could be effective. Even though I have this monitor and have 1 on my desk - I had to do 4 returns to get 1 without issues.
Issues: HDMI 2.1 port stopped working and dead pixels on one monitor, dim brightness on one corner in 1 monitor, large halo in one corner on another monitor, a stripe/ dirt/ defect under the screen in another monitor. Lastly Asus customer service has seriously take a nose dive, and don't blame COVID for bad QA.

So yes, I have 1 and I think its the best one out there - trouble is I had to buy 5 monitors/returns to get to 1 that was acceptable.

synthesis
So in total I have gone through 9 monitors to have 1 PA32UCG and 1 PA32UCX.
(not counting my attempt at the mac monitor and the Samsung fald monitor, which was disappointing at an extreme level, and the Dell with 2000 lighting zones, but slow screen and only 60 hz, but also much dimmer/less bright than expected)

-not happy with the limited, bad QA, overpriced offerings.

-no, the mac is not an option, the samsung G is also not an option, both are replete with issues. Also anything less than HDR1400 (1600 preferred), 600cd nominal brightness, and no less the the 1152 lighting zones are a prerequisite. Lower count lighting zones results in more blooming and a "checkerboard" lighting effect.

Update:
the "one" PA32UCG-K that I have without any issues with the one I bought last (of course), interestingly --it has a manufacture date of "November 2020" on the label, the onboard bios however reports "2020, week 30" --- the PA32UCG monitors did not become available till June 2021, so it would seem manufacture took place almost a year prior. Both onboard bios and label somewhat agree to the prior year.

side notes:
some notes: OLED burn-in is an issue without a solution if you use your monitor for productivity and rely on text/ font etc, OLED brightness is not really beat HDR visuals. The PA32UCG is rated at 1600 for brightness but routinely does 1800 For productivity and accuracy, IPS panels are better than VA. VA fonts and accuracy / sharpness / detail is worse than IPS. I returned an OLED because even just doing 2 hours of WORD for a paper/school session, the screen had a permanent shadow of the menu and the white portrait rectangle like a watermark. Switching to a solid gray background (72.72.72) always showed the watermark - always may be a strong word, for the 8 days I tried to live with it there was a watermark that faded but ever completely went away - and this was a return. Before I shipped it back I took one last look. With background at 72.72.72, I could still see the imprint from using WORD. Now, this may sound picky, but for that money, I should not experience any burn-in, and yes test it with a solid pure gray background because picture backgrounds will hide burn-in

full array backlit should only be considered if it can do LOCAL DIMMING in 2d / 3d without HDR enabled. User should have control over when to apply the FALD and at what speed and intensity.

Last edited:

Porsche Design PD32M.

Results
*PA32UCG - best of the 4, but still has issues. HDMI 2.1 may cause no boot screen/bios, mostly only works after windows is booted. Any firmware above 103m cause huge blooming issues.
Firmware 103, seems the best and makes the monitor worthwhile. Displayport 1.4 DSC works, however, in windows there is a 1-3 second blank / black screen when switching between 2d and 3d.
Monitor can do 120hz, freesynch and 10 bit colour. It can do 144hz on dp 1.4 and hdmi 2.1 if you go to 8 bit color. I was hoping for a 103 firmware visually capable update that also enabled 10 bit HDMI 2.1 at 144 because there isn't a limitation in the HDMI 2.1 standard. Brighter and more accurate than any monitor out there with best image quality. This is the one I use, this is the best, with a large grain of salt.

PA32UCX - similar to PA32UCG except only 60hz, firmware 106 is the best on this monitor. No HDMI 2.1, and no DP 1.4 (only DP 1.2). Great picture like the PA32UCG. Kept it for wife's PC (she is into photography). If you like 60hz, this is a better monitor.

PG32UQX, a gaming monitor.120hz, 144hz only at 8 bit colour. Not as bright as PA32UCG and far from the same visual quality lots of blooming and firmware issues. Painful to look at in 2d a 3d due to excessive blooming and colour distortion. I did a RETURN on this one after countless hours with ASUS trying to figure out why the image quality is so different from the PA32UCG despite similar panels. Bad uniformity.

Porsche Design PD32M (AOC) - best hardware, worst firmware. after trying two monitors I had to return both monitors. Terrible blooming, inferior brightness, horrible OSD, lousy tech support. The hardware has all the capabilities to dominate, but poor AOC firmware killed it. RETURN and RETURN --- PS as of writing this post, AOC tech support denies all knowledge of having this monitor. Nor do they ANYONE in house that I had high hopes on this monitor, it has great potential, but alas, hardware is only as good as firmware and drivers supporting it.

*PA32UCG - great potential if Asus support could be effective. Even though I have this monitor and have 1 on my desk - I had to do 4 returns to get 1 without issues.
Issues: HDMI 2.1 port stopped working and dead pixels on one monitor, dim brightness on one corner in 1 monitor, large halo in one corner on another monitor, a stripe/ dirt/ defect under the screen in another monitor. Lastly Asus customer service has seriously take a nose dive, and don't blame COVID for bad QA.

So yes, I have 1 and I think its the best one out there - trouble is I had to buy 5 monitors/returns of the same model to get to 1 that was acceptable.

synthesis
PA32UCG is the best monitor for 2D 3D pro work and the best gaming monitor and on firmware 103 it seems to be what one desires/expects. HOWEVER, the price is stupid high and QA issues plague the product line. ($5000)
the PD32M has the best potential (hardware) but AOC firmware and a lack of support signifies this is a dead product, the way it shipped is the way it will always be with little chance of a fixed firmware. ($1800)
PG32uQX- it could gave been better, but ASUS is not going to improve it because it would compete with the $2000 more PA32UCG and PA32UCX that cost 2k more. ($3000)
PA32UCX - same as PA32UCX, overpriced at 4500 and 5000 (very overpriced) but 2nd place in the whole FALD market. ($4500)
(not counting my attempt at the mac monitor and the Samsung fald monitor, which was disappointing at an extreme level, and the Dell with 2000 lighting zones, but slow screen and only 60 hz, but also much dimmer/less bright than expected)

not happy with the limited, bad QA, overpriced offerings.

no, the mac is not an option, the samsung G is also not an option, both are replete with issues. Also anything less than HDR1400 (1600 preferred), 600cd nominal brightness, and no less the the 1152 lighting zones are a prerequisite for me. Lower count lighting zones results in more blooming and a "checkerboard" lighting effect.

Update:
the "one" PA32UCG-K that I have without any issues with the one I bought last (of course), interestingly --it has a manufacture date of "November 2020" on the label, the onboard bios however reports "2020, week 30" --- the PA32UCG monitors did not become available till June 2021, so it would seem manufacture took place almost a year prior. Both onboard bios and label somewhat agree to the prior year.

side notes:
some notes: OLED burn-in is an issue without a solution if you use your monitor for productivity and rely on text/ font etc, OLED brightness is not really bear HDR visuals. The PA32UCG is rated 1t 1600 for brightness but routinely does 1800 - for productivity and accuracy IPS panels are better than VA. VA fonts and accuracy / sharpness / detail is worse than IPS. I returned an OLED because even just doing 2 hours of WORD for a paper/school, the screen had a permanent shadow of the menu and the white portrait rectangle like a watermark. Switching to a solid gray background (72.72.72) always showed the watermark - always may be a strong word, for the 8 days I tried to live with it there was a watermark that faded bit ever completely went away - and this was a return.

Porsche Design PD32M.

Results

Porsche Design PD32M (AOC) - best hardware, worst firmware. after trying two monitors I had to return both monitors. Terrible blooming, inferior brightness, horrible OSD, lousy tech support. The hardware has all the capabilities to dominate, but poor AOC firmware killed it. RETURN and RETURN --- PS as of writing this post, AOC tech support denies all knowledge of having this monitor. Nor do they ANYONE in house that I had high hopes on this monitor, it has great potential, but alas, hardware is only as good as firmware and drivers supporting it.

So yes, I have 1 and I think its the best one out there - trouble is I had to buy 5 monitors/returns to get to 1 that was acceptable.

synthesis

no, the mac is not an option, the samsung G is also not an option, both are replete with issues. Also anything less than HDR1400 (1600 preferred), 600cd nominal brightness, and no less the the 1152 lighting zones are a prerequisite. Lower count lighting zones results in more blooming and a "checkerboard" lighting effect.

Update:

side notes:
some notes: OLED burn-in is an issue without a solution if you use your monitor for productivity and rely on text/ font etc, OLED brightness is not really bear HDR visuals. The PA32UCG is rated 1t 1600 for brightness but routinely does 1800 - for productivity and accuracy IPS panels are better than VA. VA fonts and accuracy / sharpness / detail is worse than IPS. I returned an OLED because even just doing 2 hours of WORD for a paper/school, the screen had a permanent shadow of the menu and the white portrait rectangle like a watermark. Switching to a solid gray background (72.72.72) always showed the watermark - always may be a strong word, for the 8 days I tried to live with it there was a watermark that faded bit ever completely went away - and this was a return.

full array backlit should only be considered if it can do LOCAL DIMMING in 2d / 3d without HDR enabled. User should have control over when to apply the FALD and at what speed and intensity.

You double pasted from whereever you originally wrote this content.

I wish they would make a flat 4K 144hz AMVA panel. The PB328Q was magnificent and could be tweaked to no smearing at all with the contrast staying around 2200ish.

Porsche Design PD32M.

Results

synthesis

no, the mac is not an option, the samsung G is also not an option, both are replete with issues. Also anything less than HDR1400 (1600 preferred), 600cd nominal brightness, and no less the the 1152 lighting zones are a prerequisite. Lower count lighting zones results in more blooming and a "checkerboard" lighting effect.

Update:

side notes:

When you say the PG32UQX only does 8 bit at 144Hz, I'm curious to what you're referring to here. In the Nvidia Control, you can actually select not just 10-bit, but 12-bit. Granted, I've seen reviewers mention that anything above 120Hz, if I recall correctly, actually triggers 8-bit FRC.

I will say that I agree about the QC issues with Asus monitors. Was kind of a pain to get a good panel. And Asus support was painful to work with.

I got the PA32UCG-K, and it's a beautiful display, but it's a heccin thicc-ass boi. And yes, you can go to 144Hz but then you are maxed at 8-bit. I run 10 bit normally.

When you say the PG32UQX only does 8 bit at 144Hz, I'm curious to what you're referring to here. In the Nvidia Control, you can actually select not just 10-bit, but 12-bit. Granted, I've seen reviewers mention that anything above 120Hz, if I recall correctly, actually triggers 8-bit FRC.

I will say that I agree about the QC issues with Asus monitors. Was kind of a pain to get a good panel. And Asus support was painful to work with.
yes sir, that is correct.

The basis is that DP1.4 DSC is maxed on data stream so 144hz is capped ay 8 bit (FRC),

I have seen drive versions show it and some drivers allow it, but the monitor output at 144 is actually 8 bit. I tried to post an image her that helps but it won't let me due to the image extension. Basically I can view a 10 bit image that shows details and information that an 8 bit cannot. This is a common practice on my end as I do a lot in medical images. So in non-game mode, just 2d desktop, I can see that a 10bit true image is not rendered at 144 DP 1.4 DSC.

The HDMI 2.1 specification should allow 144 and 10bit, bit the PG32UQX does not have HDMI 2.1. This was on purpose as the limitation is actually the G-Synch module. In FreeSynch the HDMI 2.1 144 should allow ir. The PD32M monitor comes with 2 of the HDMI 2.1 ports and if you go into the windows monitor specific refresh rate and capabilities section, check to allow unsupported modes, then go into the nvidia control panel, then 144 and 10 bit works fine.

The PA32UCG is also technically capable but is not enabled in firmware and even though it has HDMI 2.1, the above procedure does not work in the PA32UCG. So it is limited to 120hz, 10-bit.

I was still surprised that the PG32UQX did not ship with HDMI 2.1, but as I said, it turns out its a limit from the g-Synch module.

On the PD32M and on the PA32UCG, the use of HDMI 2.1 mostly works, the greatest issue is that at boot a lot of systems do not see in the bios the hdmi 2.1 as a video source and thus gets passed until windows or linux finishes booting. I suppose if a video card had ONLY 1 port (HDMI 2.1) then maybe it would be seen at boot.

On the PA32UCG, using DP 1.4 DSC works fine at boot, HOWEVER, there are 1-3 second blank/black display between switching 2d to 3d or 3d to 2d, sometimes the blank last 5+ sec.

So there isn't a "perfect" port between HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 DSC on the PA32UCG.

Hope that helps

yes sir, that is correct.

The basis is that DP1.4 DSC is maxed on data stream so 144hz is capped ay 8 bit (FRC),

I have seen drive versions show it and some drivers allow it, but the monitor output at 144 is actually 8 bit. I tried to post an image her that helps but it won't let me due to the image extension. Basically I can view a 10 bit image that shows details and information that an 8 bit cannot. This is a common practice on my end as I do a lot in medical images. So in non-game mode, just 2d desktop, I can see that a 10bit true image is not rendered at 144 DP 1.4 DSC.

The HDMI 2.1 specification should allow 144 and 10bit, bit the PG32UQX does not have HDMI 2.1. This was on purpose as the limitation is actually the G-Synch module. In FreeSynch the HDMI 2.1 144 should allow ir. The PD32M monitor comes with 2 of the HDMI 2.1 ports and if you go into the windows monitor specific refresh rate and capabilities section, check to allow unsupported modes, then go into the nvidia control panel, then 144 and 10 bit works fine.

The PA32UCG is also technically capable but is not enabled in firmware and even though it has HDMI 2.1, the above procedure does not work in the PA32UCG. So it is limited to 120hz, 10-bit.

I was still surprised that the PG32UQX did not ship with HDMI 2.1, but as I said, it turns out its a limit from the g-Synch module.

On the PD32M and on the PA32UCG, the use of HDMI 2.1 mostly works, the greatest issue is that at boot a lot of systems do not see in the bios the hdmi 2.1 as a video source and thus gets passed until windows or linux finishes booting. I suppose if a video card had ONLY 1 port (HDMI 2.1) then maybe it would be seen at boot.

On the PA32UCG, using DP 1.4 DSC works fine at boot, HOWEVER, there are 1-3 second blank/black display between switching 2d to 3d or 3d to 2d, sometimes the blank last 5+ sec.

So there isn't a "perfect" port between HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 DSC on the PA32UCG.

Hope that helps
Yeah, got it. I have both 120Hz Asus displays as well and seen the same issues. However, most of the content I engage with (games and videos) don't seem to be impacted in any noticeable way by using 144Hz 8-bit FRC.

Amazon review of the Viewsonic XG321UG from a PG32UQX owner says it blooms way less. Maybe it's the best mix between the PA32UCG and PG32UQX.

Amazon review of the Viewsonic XG321UG from a PG32UQX owner says it blooms way less. Maybe it's the best mix between the PA32UCG and PG32UQX.

It definitely has blooming. I've never had a mini LED display before so I can't really offer any comparison. It seems to be worse on like gray backgrounds like this forum but shows even in bright scenes randomly trailing the mouse. I'd much rather just have the just barely light gray blacks that's uniform and you don't really notice with good contrast than the funky mouse trails, like my last three Dell 30-in IPS panels.

I wish it didn't have the chin at the bottom of the screen.

The monitor management software doesn't work. It works for the RGB lights and that's it even without the USB cable plugged in which is nice because I need to turn them off, I hate RGB with a passion. You can't run the app at all unless you have the monitors built in speakers selected for the windows audio device, seems totally random and don't know why they don't fix it. When I contacted support they say it also doesn't work with Windows 11. But they have a new version that's coming out that may work with their new monitor, but they weren't sure.

Is there no way to disable the local dimming so you don't get the mouse trails?

It's disappointing they don't have HDMI. 2.1 or the new version of display port that I guess is still not available. I've not knowingly used display stream compression before, is there a way to tell it's active? All I can find online says that it's lossless to the user. So to me that means it's lossy compression but you shouldn't be able to tell. It looks like display port 1.4 should be able to support 4K 120 Hz with 444 Chroma and 10-bit color. But again online the charts make me wonder. The Nvidia driver lets you select 144Hz with max chroma and color, even 12-bit. Does anything even support 12-bit? I'm assuming the RGB color setting is 444 chroma?

Viewsonic writes some of the worst firmware and software I've ever seen. This has been going on for 20+ years. The interface is usually clunky and hard to navigate also, just for that cherry on top. Basically, ever since they switched from making CRTs to LCDs, it kind of just went to hell. I gave up on their monitors for that reason. Doesn't even matter if everyone claimed it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wouldn't believe it.

It definitely has blooming. I've never had a mini LED display before so I can't really offer any comparison. It seems to be worse on like gray backgrounds like this forum but shows even in bright scenes randomly trailing the mouse. I'd much rather just have the just barely light gray blacks that's uniform and you don't really notice with good contrast than the funky mouse trails, like my last three Dell 30-in IPS panels.

I wish it didn't have the chin at the bottom of the screen.

The monitor management software doesn't work. It works for the RGB lights and that's it even without the USB cable plugged in which is nice because I need to turn them off, I hate RGB with a passion. You can't run the app at all unless you have the monitors built in speakers selected for the windows audio device, seems totally random and don't know why they don't fix it. When I contacted support they say it also doesn't work with Windows 11. But they have a new version that's coming out that may work with their new monitor, but they weren't sure.

Is there no way to disable the local dimming so you don't get the mouse trails?

It's disappointing they don't have HDMI. 2.1 or the new version of display port that I guess is still not available. I've not knowingly used display stream compression before, is there a way to tell it's active? All I can find online says that it's lossless to the user. So to me that means it's lossy compression but you shouldn't be able to tell. It looks like display port 1.4 should be able to support 4K 120 Hz with 444 Chroma and 10-bit color. But again online the charts make me wonder. The Nvidia driver lets you select 144Hz with max chroma and color, even 12-bit. Does anything even support 12-bit? I'm assuming the RGB color setting is 444 chroma?

display stream compression (DSC) is part of DP 1.4. In the monitor, no in the OS or control panel, but in the monitor OSD - select display port in the menu (not in the input select), there is a submenu for DP 1.1, DP 1.2 and Dp1.4. select the DP 1.4 - screen goes blank and return about 1-3 seconds later. Go back and check in the OSD that its now set to DP 1.4.

Also make sure you have a DP 1.4 cable, DP 1.4 capable video card, and the ultimate test would be to:

in nv control panel select 10 bit colour, 4k, RGB, unlimited - apply/save -

display stream compression (DSC) is part of DP 1.4. In the monitor, no in the OS or control panel, but in the monitor OSD - select display port in the menu (not in the input select), there is a submenu for DP 1.1, DP 1.2 and Dp1.4. select the DP 1.4 - screen goes blank and return about 1-3 seconds later. Go back and check in the OSD that its now set to DP 1.4.

Also make sure you have a DP 1.4 cable, DP 1.4 capable video card, and the ultimate test would be to:

in nv control panel select 10 bit colour, 4k, RGB, unlimited - apply/save -
I don't see those settings but there is one to simply turn it off, DP DSC Enable On/Off on the On Screen Display "Setup Menu". Now the best I can do is 4k 96Hz 10-bit color.

I'm guessing 12-bit would do nothing but it would be nice to do 144Hz 10-bit 4:4:4 chroma. I wish they could have added HDMI 2.1 or DP 2.0(?).

It's a good test for the cables anyway. With DSC on the old cable did the max, 4k 144Hz, 12-bit and 4:4:4 Chroma (RGB Output color format?).

I had ordered a new certified 1.4 DisplayPort cable and it works with DSC off. The 10-ish year old DisplayPort cable cuts out above 60Hz.

So turn on DCS and do 4k 144Hz, 12-bit and 4:4:4 chroma or leave it off and do 4k 96Hz 10-bit color 4:4:4 chroma.
I know I want 10-bit and 4:4:4 chroma but I can't tell the difference between 96Hz and 144Hz or DCS on or off. I'd likely need two setups side by side for a few hours.

Last edited:
Back