The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

X32 and X32 FP are different. FP was supposed to be out in Feb.

TFTC says Q2 and supposely they are going based off of Acer's own press release material.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-132102_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-132102_Chrome.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1
Quick update...I've spent a fair amount of time testing some games ( GTA V, Rise of the Tomb Raider demo, Doom, Resident Evil Village) with settings completely maxed and I think performance is of they monitor is very good. With the exception of forgetting to enable V-Sync in NCP (which I did not think of as i have not done any PC gaming configuration in a while - and this caused massive tearing in GTA in full screen mode) I can say motion looks pretty good, no tearing noticeable and no other visual issues with pretty erratic frame rates. I may just stick with this instead of waiting for the "perfect" monitor to be released.
Another quick update after using the monitor for a while...I feel like it's GREAT for gaming (even with HDR , irrespective of the HDR400 rating). I've been playing Doom Eternal and it looks beautiful with HDR enabled without tweaking the calibration settings. The only issue I've had is when the game starts, I need to toggle HDR off and on again (something is not being correctly by default).

I can also say the KVM switch is a bit buggy sometimes which is annoying but I've figured out some workarounds so it's not really a showstopper.

I will wait patently for the LG UltraGear 32GQ950 to release.

I didn't realize anyone was still making IPS screens with polarizer layers. They help suppress off axis light and used to be a standard feature on higher end IPS screens, so I'm definitely interested in how well the rest of that display looks.

Unfortunately HDR600…so more or less garbage for HDR.
Serious question though... I'm about 6 hours in a game with HDR enabled on my HDR400 monitor and I think it looks fantastic. The brightness is much greater than I expected and the colors in the game really pop. It could very well be this specific game's implementation of HDR, but can you really go by that rating to determine quality? Honestly from what I read, it seems a bit arbitrary

The main issue with HDR on an IPS panel is low native contrast. If a game's art style doesn't need high contrast or many dark colors then even a DHDR400 monitor could do fine.

The bigger issue though is that most monitors for whatever weird reason tend to limit their color and other settings when running in HDR mode. This alone often makes HDR mode unusable due to how badly setup it is at the factory.

I've been using a pair of 32" 4K Dell UP3216Q for productivity/gaming for years, and had just ordered a pair of U3223QE (LG IPS nano black panel; only a slight improvement, but after nearly 7 years with the UP3216Q it was time for new monitors).

However, this new G3223Q looks really interesting. High refresh rate is great for games, and HDR is not a strict requirement for me (it looks great in games, but for productivity I won't have a backlight glow following my mouse pointer around unless I turn it off each time).

For productivity usage, is the display quality of the G3223Q likely to be noticeably inferior to the U3223QE, or is the G3223Q all upside over the U3223QE?

edit: It looks like it's using "M320QAN02.C" (link). PG32UQ uses "M320QAN02.3"

Last edited:
If it's using the same AUO panel as PG32UQ and others then it will probably be a good fit for productivity.

Have to admit that the G3223Q does look very interesting. I know others have had issues with Dell in the past, but I think their customer support is excellent. They sent me a brand new U2720Q after I noticed a dead pixel, mind you this was 2 years after I purchased the monitor. I don't know much about panels, but would the panel found on the G3223Q be a step up from my U2720Q?

Baldrekr That panel link was great, had to translate it but it was very informative.

I don't know, but based on how suppliers tend to label, I would expect that to be a revision number (most likely) or denote the brand.

Almost bought a G3223Q till I saw that review (it's on sale in my country for almost half price this weekend). Another case of subpar HDMI 2.1 ports only accepting 24Gbps (according to the review).

Just curious...would many of you still waiting to purchase buy a monitor already out if HDMI 2.1 was a non-issue (ie. No console gaming, so DP for PC gaming would be fine)?

Well I did just that and bought PG32UQ. Console gaming is done on LG65C1 so no real reason to care about HDMI ports (although PG32UQ have them at 48Gbps regardless).

If it's using the same AUO panel as PG32UQ and others then it will probably be a good fit for productivity.
My use case for a 32" 4k screen is primarily productivity tasks, but I also want to be able to occasionally and non-competitively run AAA game titles that make full use of my 6900 XTXH. With the priorities in that order, and knowing that I "need" to buy something soon (my old display died and I'm currently using a Dell U2719D that's not great for either purpose), is there a particular preference between the currently available AUO and Innolux panels?

My use case for a 32" 4k screen is primarily productivity tasks, but I also want to be able to occasionally and non-competitively run AAA game titles that make full use of my 6900 XTXH. With the priorities in that order, and knowing that I "need" to buy something soon (my old display died and I'm currently using a Dell U2719D that's not great for either purpose), is there a particular preference between the currently available AUO and Innolux panels?
Depends on what you have in mind for productivity tasks I'd say. For color critical work AUO panel is a better option. For something like coding Innolux panel will be fine but it will be faster for occasional gaming so probably a better fit.

Just curious...would many of you still waiting to purchase buy a monitor already out if HDMI 2.1 was a non-issue (ie. No console gaming, so DP for PC gaming would be fine)?

I've seen enough griping about every one out that I'm not sure if any of them would actually be an upgrade from my current 40k60 Predator XB1 XB321HK

Any of the 120Hz+ IPS options will likely be a huge upgrade over a 60Hz one. But it depends of course on what you use that 60Hz display for.

Any of the 120Hz+ IPS options will likely be a huge upgrade over a 60Hz one. But it depends of course on what you use that 60Hz display for.
I do some gaming, no shooters though (or anything else with really rapid FOV changes where tearing might be noticeable), and use it as my main system display.

if I was buying new I'd definitely get one in the $1000 class; but between GPUs having gotten stupidly expensive (meaning I'll probably be keeping my 3080 until the 5xxx series are out in ~3 years) and needing a new system in the next year, all the complaints have me thinking I might be better off waiting until the next gen.

For anyone who is thinking about the Viewsonic XG320U or already has one: Apparently this monitor's brightness is gimped from the factory. There is an "Energy Saver" mode that's on by default that cuts the brightness nearly in half. I turned it off and the monitor became a lot more tolerable. I think most of the reviews were testing it with the energy saver on.

Still not dann word about the LG 32GQ950, waiting eagerly for a release date…

I've been using a pair of 32" 4K Dell UP3216Q for productivity/gaming for years, and had just ordered a pair of U3223QE (LG IPS nano black panel; only a slight improvement, but after nearly 7 years with the UP3216Q it was time for new monitors).

However, this new G3223Q looks really interesting. High refresh rate is great for games, and HDR is not a strict requirement for me (it looks great in games, but for productivity I won't have a backlight glow following my mouse pointer around unless I turn it off each time).

For productivity usage, is the display quality of the G3223Q likely to be noticeably inferior to the U3223QE, or is the G3223Q all upside over the U3223QE?

edit: It looks like it's using "M320QAN02.C" (link). PG32UQ uses "M320QAN02.3"

I believe the .C panel is BGR unlike the .3 panel which is RGB.

I would maybe overlook the issue for just a monitor.

My only experience with LG is for my new TV. Their support ran me in circles for days and still haven't resolved the issue. The TV won't login to my LG account, which you have to use in order to install apps (kinda the whole point of a "smart tv"). I simply bypassed the issue by using a Roku. Great TV. But as happy as I am with the TV, support is important as well. And if a company isn't willing to stand behind their products, they aren't getting my money.

No news at all on new 4k 32 monitors, and the M32U is on sale for $600. Must... resist... temptation...

Question...I may be wearing Gigabyte- colored glasses because my HDR experience has been great with the M32U...are there any games that you can think of that may be available as a demo that would show that HDR on this display sucks? I'm happy to test and provide feedback...right now I can only comment on Doom Eternal and it looks amazing

Question...I may be wearing Gigabyte- colored glasses because my HDR experience has been great with the M32U...are there any games that you can think of that may be available as a demo that would show that HDR on this display sucks? I'm happy to test and provide feedback...right now I can only comment on Doom Eternal and it looks amazing
If you're happy with it, great. The best way to see the deficiency of the HDR experience on your current display is to honestly have another display with higher/better rated/spec'ed HDR capabilities next to your current monitor. It's a bit of a Catch 22 trying to determine the HDR weakness of your current display by only looking at content on it. Your current monitor won't get as dark/bright/vivid (e.g. the "high dynamic" part of HDR) for whatever content you're watching and if you've never seen that content in "proper" HDR, you don't have any frame of reference to compare.

Now that I've seen HDR content on several types of monitors (OLEDs both TVs and mobile, MiniLED monitors), I can tell the weakness of that content when watching on a lower spec'ed machine. But it was really hard for me to understand what that looked like before when all I had was an SDR monitor.

Aside from going over to a friend's place with a higher end monitor/TV, the other option is to compare the content vs your mobile device if it's a recent high-end phone. The displays on those, for the vast majority of people ironically, may often be the best display in those households.

My only comparison would be my Sony x900e TV which I think also looks quite good displaying HDR (reviews are Petri l pretty good also)... but I have not compared side by side 😀

I bought a pair of G3223Qs and have been using them for a few days (productivity only right now). They are a definite improvement over my UP3216Qs, noticeably better contrast, and the difference in bezel size is quite large. The 3216 is quite a chonker. The colors are more saturated, which looks good to me but some people may not like it.

The only downside is that one of them has a distinct yellowish tint when displaying pure white that was very noticeable when next to a UP3216Q. Not noticeable with other colors, however.

Then, my second G3223Q arrived and that one doesn't have the yellow effect. I compared all the settings and they are the same everywhere; in the firmware (using the default profile), all Windows 10 display/hdr settings (I disabled HDR), and all the per-display settings in the Nvidia control panel. Using DisplayPort for both. Experimented with various color bit depths etc. in the nvidia control panel, but nothing made any difference. I ended up just swapping the yellowish one to be my secondary. I can see from reddit someone else noticed theirs had a yellow tinge as well. I'm not sure if this is a defect and I should return it, or something I can adjust somewhere, like maybe it's a Dell ComfortView thing I that isn't in the monitor settings and is turned on to make things less blue and more yellow.

Another annoying problem I ran into, that I'm describing in case someone else runs into it and is searching for a solution, is that if you set both monitors as 144Hz and ever touch the Windows HDR setting, even if you turn it back off, the displays will start occasionally blinking (even across reboots). You can set one to 60Hz and the problem will go away. But you can also just do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers (yes in theory reinstalling drivers should have zero effect, but I've used this fix twice now to get rid of the blinking effect after playing around with Windows 10 HDR settings). A clean driver reinstall is also the only way to get the nvidia color accuracy mode to to say "Accurate" (as opposed to Reference Mode or Enhanced Mode, if you ever touch any setting there), although I think that is just a UI bug.

Last edited:
Hmmm
Another annoying problem I ran into, that I'm describing in case someone else runs into it and is searching for a solution, is that if you set both monitors as 144Hz and ever touch the Windows HDR setting, even if you turn it back off, the displays will start occasionally blinking (even across reboots). You can set one to 60Hz and the problem will go away. But you can also just do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers (yes in theory reinstalling drivers should have zero effect, but I've used this fix twice now to get rid of the blinking effect after playing around with Windows 10 HDR settings). A clean driver reinstall is also the only way to get the nvidia color accuracy mode to to say "Accurate" (as opposed to Reference Mode or Enhanced Mode, if you ever touch any setting there), although I think that is just a UI bug.

Hmmm, I have three displays at 144Hz with HDR. Turning HDR on or off does not result in any blinking for me. What's the interval for the blinking? Ever couple of minutes? I remember having this weird blinking-esque years ago but an Nvidia driver update eventually fixed it.

The HDR is garbage/filth on the M32U, resisting should be easy 😉
Until the 10k/1m dimming zone or stacked LCD models come out LCD HDR is always going to be blighted by halos, etc. Given the limitations, I'd ignore the HDR entirely and just view it as the cheapest 32" 4k144 monitor. And on that front I'm really tempted as well. $600 is getting low enough I can live with it being my main for only a few years. $1k makes that a much harder proposition; and the first 10k zone, etc LCDs will probably make the $3k Asus Proart look cheap.

Hmmm

Hmmm, I have three displays at 144Hz with HDR. Turning HDR on or off does not result in any blinking for me. What's the interval for the blinking? Ever couple of minutes? I remember having this weird blinking-esque years ago but an Nvidia driver update eventually fixed it.
It would blink every 5-10 seconds for about 3 seconds, making the monitor unusable. Probably a graphics card hardware or driver issue, not the monitor, I have an evga 3080.

I don’t know if I’m missing anything from not turning on the minimal HDR this monitor has for games. I’m running on Widows 10. I hear Windows 11 has better auto hdr, but I’d rather avoid windows 11 for now.

I really just want to figure out how to get rid of this yellow tint on my secondary monitor. I have not been able to get any of the monitor color settings to make it go away. I’ve messed around with rgb levels etc. but they affect basically anything except white.

Back