The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

More interesting is that the ASUS PG32UQ ( 32",144Hz , 4K ,HDMI2.1,HDR600) will start shipping (finally) to retailers at the end of August/ early September according to a live stream JJ from ASUS did about a week ago
(around the 1:10 mark)

More interesting is that the ASUS PG32UQ ( 32",144Hz , 4K ,HDMI2.1,HDR600) will start shipping (finally) to retailers at the end of August/ early September according to a live stream JJ from ASUS did about a week ago
(around the 1:10 mark)

He seemed pretty soft on the 32" monitor. Had to have the info pulled out of him, and it wasn't part of his announcements. Kinda worrying...

He seemed pretty soft on the 32" monitor. Had to have the info pulled out of him, and it wasn't part of his announcements. Kinda worrying...
Ye but seems like it was due to it not being anything new and we were supposed to already know the date somehow...
anyway I also asked on localized ASUS fb and they also responded with a date this year (albeit later but I don't live in US or EU)

Ye but seems like it was due to it not being anything new and we were supposed to already know the date somehow...
anyway I also asked on localized ASUS fb and they also responded with a date this year (albeit later but I don't live in US or EU)

Hopefully good news, been waiting for this kind of thing for a long time.

400 cd/m² HDR peak) and 90% DCI-P3 colour gamut

WHAT LAME TRASH

This is basically the Aorushole 2.0
Says the guy who spent $3k and got a monitor that he still complained about.

Everything is a compromise.

The Aorus is actually a good monitor - as long as you recognize the bit about HDR is puffery / advertising.

I'm just glad the option to buy fast 4k 32 is finally here. This time last year?

SOON TM

Yeah, $1,200 definitely steep when the Gigabyte offering is so much cheaper. The Rtings review does seem to indicate the Gigabyte as having slightly higher than normal input lag but don't think this would be worth hundreds of dollars more even if had much lower lag.

I'm really not sure if that's worth $1200. $899 FI32U sale price is still too high IMO.

These things should be in the $699 range.

The Nitro version from Acer is listed for around $820 according to PCM. The M32U from Gigabyte should also be priced lower than it's Aorus twin. We're getting close to the ideal price.

Says the guy who spent $3k and got a monitor that he still complained about.

Everything is a compromise.

The Aorus is actually a good monitor - as long as you recognize the bit about HDR is puffery / advertising.

I'm just glad the option to buy fast 4k 32 is finally here. This time last year?

SOON TM
The aorus is a good monitor...was hell of a deal for $899. But this acer is just more of the same which is lame...give us a 600HDR +DCI98% backup monitor to put next to our $3,000 displays!

The aorus is a good monitor...was hell of a deal for $899. But this acer is just more of the same which is lame...give us a 600HDR +DCI98% backup monitor to put next to our $3,000 displays!

Edge lit HDR600 is still just as DOO DOO as HDR400 though. It's gonna take a good price for me to swap out my Acer X27 for one of these edge lit 32 inchers.

Did they check whether Nvidia Reflex affected the input lag at all?

Or - am I misreading what Reflex can improve?

I hadn't heard of it. From quick reading so far it looks like Nvidia Reflex is a software solution. Game developers need to implement support for it on a per-game basis. Doesn't look like they're testing any of those games. It would be interesting to see some real numbers around it.

Isn't the only one the QnotX? Maybe the Viewsonic shows up... But QnotX is supposed to be spotted in the wilds of China

FHD280 lo9ks to be the only different feature.

I'm not sure - I'm wondering if the the marketing material there might be misleading. It also mentions HDR600 there even though it's an HDR400 display.

If you go to this page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorxb3 that seems to be the marketing material for the whole "Predator" series. One example: "Make frame tears and blur a thing of the past with an overclocked refresh rates ranging from 144Hz up to 280Hz and response times of up to 0.5ms."

They made it nice and confusing by having many monitors named "Predator XB3" with varying actual model numbers: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-models/monitors/predatorxb3

I'm not sure - I'm wondering if the the marketing material there might be misleading. It also mentions HDR600 there even though it's an HDR400 display.

If you go to this page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorxb3 that seems to be the marketing material for the whole "Predator" series. One example: "Make frame tears and blur a thing of the past with an overclocked refresh rates ranging from 144Hz up to 280Hz and response times of up to 0.5ms."

They made it nice and confusing by having many monitors named "Predator XB3" with varying actual model numbers: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-models/monitors/predatorxb3

They did the same thing with the Predator X38....Said it was HDR600....that thing was HDR400....guess what got sent back to the retailer lol

They wanna lie then I aint keepin...

Damit! China gets all the kewl stuff first...

He did a nice set of screenshots and G-Sync capable is nice!
Is that fruity backlight sponsored by Mentos?
*hugs PeeGee32 YOU CUE EX*
1628728148328.png

1628728162459.png

Acer might very well be the worst retail brand in history when it comes to naming products.

Seiko fans back me up.

Since it looks like this might be happening...

Here's my Wishlist and Question: Asus PG32UQ
1) 4K 32"
2) 144hz
3) 10 meters

What cable and Interface?

According to the manual for the PG32UQ: "In the sRGB Mode, the Saturation, Color Temp., Brightness, Contrast and ASCR functions are not user-configurable." :(

According to the manual for the PG32UQ: "In the sRGB Mode, the Saturation, Color Temp., Brightness, Contrast and ASCR functions are not user-configurable." :(

That's disappointing. I don't understand why the amount of controls Asus's monitors have in SRGB mode varies across models.

On a positive note, I noticed the display can be overclocked to 155hz,

This is the same on my old PA329Q Asus proart monitor's profiles, it was pretty stupid. I mean I can understand some, but brightness??? That thing had bad issues with one half the screen bugging out too so I don't use it anymore.

Seems Viewsonic had a press release, with the ViewSonic ELITE Launches New 32" Gaming Monitors with the Latest Gamer-Centric Technologies

ELITE XG320U
32" 4K UHD Vesa DisplayHDR™ 600 IPS display
Expand gameplay onto next-gen consoles with single-cable HDMI 2.1 connectivity
Brilliant, vibrant imagery from 99% Adobe Color Gamut
Refresh rate of 144Hz (overclockable to 150Hz) and 1ms (MPRT) response time
AMD FreeSync Premium Pro technology and PureXP Motion Blur Reduction

ELITE XG321UG: Mini LED Backlight Technology
The 4K ultra-high definition ELITE XG321UG monitor utilizes industry-leading Mini-LED backlight technology, and is combined with 144Hz refresh rate for ultra-low latency, stutter-free gameplay.

Availability
ViewSonic ELITE XG320Q and XG320U monitors will be available worldwide in Q3, 2021. Later in Q4 2021, ViewSonic ELITE XG321UG will be made available worldwide.

Seems the XG320U seems similar to the Asus PA329Q with the AU Optronics HDR600 panel, with Q3 release should come before ends of September, seems Asus and Viewsonic might hit the market very close.

Wondering about the XG321UG, who makes that panel?

more on the PG32UQ , A review from some guy in china , use google translate

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2346091-1-1.html

Damn i want it
I'm not using Google translate to transcribe any Chinese-- I'M AN AMERICAN, hello!?

What I do know is I need a fast 4K 32 and something rubbed me wrong about the FI32U. Gigabyte cuts too many corners on all their products.

I don't need one of these monitors for gaming or to have sex with it. I need it for hours of complex spreadsheets in the goldilocks zone of 4K120 32" for $700-1000 por favor. I'm tired of doing spreadsheets on a LG 48 CX with all the head and eye travel - the ergonomics aren't there. I'm tired of the firstworld crisis of nothing ever being good enough- the more choices, the further away you drift from total contentment.

I have a feeling the PG32UQ is going to be priced >$1000 when it hits Newegg and Amazon. And when that happens I will scream and cry until I collapse from exhaustion.

Last edited:
Back