The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Not sure until someone tests this. Wish I tried it out while I had a FV43U but try and get someone in that displays thread with a RTX 30 series or RX 6000 series GPU to connect via HDMI and get an answer once and for all.
I'm trying to decide between this FI32U and the FV43U - need a 4K 120+hz monitor with PBP mode. I don't really care for HDR too much and nor do I care for consoles. Which one would you recommend?

Does this mean that if we're using the HDMI 2.1 ports for the PC (RTX 3000 series GPU), is it 2.1 bandwidth or is that also limited to HDMI 2.0 bandwidth?
That remains to be determined - we know the cable can handle the bandwidth, but I do not know what the console output limit is compared to the monitor 2.1 input / controller

In any event - this just confirms that I need to use the DP from GPU to monitor

I'm trying to decide between this FI32U and the FV43U - need a 4K 120+hz monitor with PBP mode. I don't really care for HDR too much and nor do I care for consoles. Which one would you recommend?
All it comes down to is size and panel type preference + your seating distance. This will have the pixel response advantage with clearer motion while it's bigger sibling has much higher contrast but it's not as fast. There are other difference like viewing angles and potential IPS glow/bleed.

Considering they are basically priced the same, the 43 sounds like a much better value.

There is a Korean video up about the display but I don't speak Korean so not sure what details are in it. There are a few UFO test pics in there but don't know what settings were enabled for each of the tests.

I just ordered mine, nice for $899.99 instead of the $1200 the Acer Predator XB323QK NV was estimated. Newegg seems to have a today ship date, although when i placed my order said July 2-5th.

I swear all of these asian tech/review channels crank overdrive to max on EVERY display. There is tons of overshoot in that UFO example and I'm sure it's fine once set to "balanced" or whatever.

All it comes down to is size and panel type preference + your seating distance. This will have the pixel response advantage with clearer motion while it's bigger sibling has much higher contrast but it's not as fast. There are other difference like viewing angles and potential IPS glow/bleed.

Considering they are basically priced the same, the 43 sounds like a much better value.
Yea, I will use this FI32U as an accessory display with my AW5520QF as my main - just ordered the FI32U so let's see how it performs.

Now, the question is what are the 'best' 4K 144Hz HDMI 2.1 cables for these types of monitors? I've never used HDMI before - all my PCs have always used DP. I need 15ft so what brand do you recommend? Amazon seems to have a ton of non-brand name choices.

Wow lots of orders in. Eagerly waiting you guys thoughts on this monitor. Really don't wanna deal with returning to newegg but if I see it pop up on Amazon or BB I'll put an order in as well.

I swear all of these asian tech/review channels crank overdrive to max on EVERY display. There is tons of overshoot in that UFO example and I'm sure it's fine once set to "balanced" or whatever.
Or the display is a real giant piece of shit!!!

Picture looks super washed out....wonder how bad VRR + BFI sucks on it...probably shitty :(

Now, the question is what are the 'best' 4K 144Hz HDMI 2.1 cables for these types of monitors? I've never used HDMI before - all my PCs have always used DP. I need 15ft so what brand do you recommend? Amazon seems to have a ton of non-brand name choices.
Personally i would still recommend to go with Displayport on the PC, its very likely it wont be supported until NVIDIA/AMD says. But if you are talking about connecting your PS5, i would go with Club3D CAC-1373, higher than 10ft it might be risky trying to sustain 4k120, i would probably start considering fiber cables.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IPS has piss yellow glow that covers 50% of the panel. I dunno if slow pixel response in specific transitions is worse than a screen bathed in piss 24/7.

I don't use IPS unless it has FALD to hide the glow/bleed.

I absolutely hate edge lit IPS for this same reason. Only difference this time is that I don't plan on playing any games with dark content on it. No Metro Exodus or Battlefield night maps here. For normal desktop use and a little mix of multiplayer fps like PUBG and Apex I think this will do fine.

https://news-xfastest-com.translate...&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv

PC over HDMI supports full 4K 120hz 10bit but consoles are indeed limited to 4:2:0 due to no DSC.

I guess this confirms they are not legit HDMI 2.1 ports since it necessitates DSC to achieve said resolution/refresh rate without chroma subsampling. Pretty lame on Gigabytes part.

Also Gsync is not working with Nvidia GPU's currently and SDR brightness is way too dark/dim (probably a IR prevention thing).

Last edited:
The article is about the 48 OLED - unfortunately it does not explain whether the gsync inability is due to the controller (and thus perhaps related to all 3) or limited only to the OLED
Probably limited to the OLED since it works just fine on the FV43U. The point is that all 3 monitors do not have full bandwidth HDMI 2.1 ports.

Do we know that for certain? The Aorus website connects the HDMI limits to consoles - but does not indicate where the limit resides
Let's narrow it down.

Series X is 40Gbps capable and does not not require chroma. PS5 is 32Gbps capable and maxes out at 4:2:2.

So why is it only possible to do 4:2:0 on consoles but PC manages full RGB. The only answer is DSC which the consoles don't support. They are gimped HDMI ports.

If you're a PC only user this doesn't matter but it's really lame on Gigabytes part to advertise it as HDMI 2.1 capable knowing a big chunk of potential buyers are interested for it's console gaming capability. The reason I say this is because 4:2:2 I can't tell a image quality loss but 4:2:0 I definitely can especially in text/HUD.

Only reason the 120hz is important for console users is so VRR range is wide enough for LFC, not for 120FPS games.

Seems Newegg does have them in stock, mine just shipped via UPS.

Does this mean that if we're using the HDMI 2.1 ports for the PC (RTX 3000 series GPU), is it 2.1 bandwidth or is that also limited to HDMI 2.0 bandwidth?
If the output device is limited then the input device will also be limited. You cannot exceed the limits of the lowest common denominator in the chain.
Yea, I will use this FI32U as an accessory display with my AW5520QF as my main - just ordered the FI32U so let's see how it performs.

For HDMI you want to look for "Ultra High Speed" cables with the HDMI trademark and QR code on the packaging. Scanning the QR code should bring that cable up that you scanned. If it doesn't it means the manufacturer is lying and copied the logo and code from another package. I would not go longer than 2 meters in length, but you should probably be fine up to 3 meters. The signal degradation gets sketchy beyond that over copper at this high level of bandwidth.

FWIW I have a 16ft Zeskit cable (link) and it works perfectly for 4K 120hz from my 3080 to my C9 OLED

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
^^ ha I have the same cable as baaaasha on the way.....well this tracking info should give me enough time to return to sender in the event shitty reviews come marching in. The only thing I want this monitor for is VRR + BFI, if it does that well it will have a spot on my extremely crowed desk lol

1625019979462.png

Ordered early this morning. Eta states July 6th for me, but I’m 40 miles away from the Newegg warehouse, should be at my doorstep tomorrow.

Get a HDMI Ultra High Speed Certified cable. I've had good luck with Club3D and CableMatters cables with my LG CX 48". I think at that length you will have trouble and might need an active cable if one exists for Ultra High Speed.

Ordered early this morning. Eta states July 6th for me, but I’m 40 miles away from the Newegg warehouse, should be at my doorstep tomorrow.
I wonder if there is some contractual limitation on the delivery date - or if July 6 is a 'delivered by' date and folks will get theirs on different dates depending on distance from the warehouse.
(Let us know if you get yours early!)

Well I am a week away from Newegg so the date they gave me would be right if they ship it by today. Anyone find the actual English manual for this? It's not on Gigabyte's site.

Hey folks - if you want to get a professional review of the FI32U (from RTNGS) - please click on the link and find the monitor on their list (it's currently down in the 'Show More' part) and select the FI32U to upvote it.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/suggestions
(see image below)

AFAIK you need to be a member, but that's easy

Last edited:
^^ ha I have the same cable as baaaasha on the way.....well this tracking info should give me enough time to return to sender in the event shitty reviews come marching in. The only thing I want this monitor for is VRR + BFI, if it does that well it will have a spot on my extremely crowed desk lol

View attachment 370549

I had "rush processing" and delivery by Friday but the POS NewEgg site now says "Delayed"?!?! 😫😒

yREBZg0.png

I wonder if there is some contractual limitation on the delivery date - or if July 6 is a 'delivered by' date and folks will get theirs on different dates depending on distance from the warehouse.
(Let us know if you get yours early!)

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they had them at a third party warehouse and they all go out before the weekend or something.

Either way, to my delight I received the monitor at noon time PST today. Unfortunately I’m at work and won’t have an opportunity to tear it open and try it out until tonight

Whats going on with PG32UQ ? it was announced January , even has a page on ASUS website , but nothing since

Whats going on with PG32UQ ? it was announced January , even has a page on ASUS website , but nothing since
Fantastic question. No one knows.

The only ones out currently are the PG32UQX and the Aorus FI32U. The 600 nit Acer has seen a limited release in SEA, but no word on US / EU / anywhere else - the others are merely rumors at this point. Literally nothing to report.

Back