The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

l88bastard Wow, that is really rough. Hopefully, Ebay processes the refund because I know that can be dicey on their part as well.

Yea....the seller just reconsidered and approved a refund. The situation is a damn shame as these displays are getting harder and harder to find and this one was advertised as like new :-(
OMG - so sorry to read this...

But then...

Ebay

Ouch

Yea.....I defiantly have had enough Ebay for now.

On the topic of these monitors, more movement happening as there is an official product page with the full marketing videos/images on Asus's website.

https://rog.asus.com/monitors/32-to-34-inches/rog-swift-pg32uqx-model/
1617080698701.png

Displayport 1.4........meh but what can ya do....to early for DP 2.0

However, HDMI 2.0.....FUCKING WHAT! BOOO.......FUCKING BOOO I SAY!

They want THREE LARGE and its gimped with HDMI 2.0.....ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

For PC use, it does have DSC support so technically visually lossless. I know some people were considering these as dual PC/console displays for smaller spaces/office settings so the lack of HDMI 2.1 is disappointing. Although I wonder if the chroma subsampling reduction isn't really an issue when used with the Xbox Series since you're doing media consumption and gaming. But then there's the LG CX 48" if the larger size is acceptable or pay a lot more for the Asus PA32UCG to get a 32" 4K HDR display with HDMI 2.1.

Personally, I'm stoked. I was really leery of these monitors when they were first announced without DSC or HDMI 2.1/Displayport 2.0 support. Having to switch between modes depending on what you were doing didn't feel great on a supposedly high-end monitor. But, either because of or due to implementing these features, the delay IMHO was worth it get DSC on these G-sync Ultimate monitors and HDMI 2.1 on the ProArt version. Now I just gotta decide which one do I want. Decisions, decisions...

View attachment 343522

Displayport 1.4........meh but what can ya do....to early for DP 2.0

However, HDMI 2.0.....FUCKING WHAT! BOOO.......FUCKING BOOO I SAY!

They want THREE LARGE and its gimped with HDMI 2.0.....ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Re HDMI - it's a Nvidia issue (G-Sync module does not support). However - the lower end panel WILL have 2.1

"
  • For connectivity the QX model has 1x DisplayPort 1.4 (with DSC) and 3x HDMI 2.0 connections. This is somewhat dictated by the use of the Native G-sync hardware module discussed above, which at the moment does not support HDMI 2.1.
  • The Q model on the other hand has 1x DisplayPort 1.4 (with DSC) and 2x HDMI 2.1 connections.
  • HDMI 2.1 isn’t needed for PC connections since you can happily use DisplayPort 1.4, and the inclusion of DSC (Display Stream Compression) ensures you don’t need to drop colour depth or chroma levels either, even at 144Hz"
https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/d...-asus-rog-swift-pg32uqx-and-pg32uq-explained/

For PC use, it does have DSC support so technically visually lossless. I know some people were considering these as dual PC/console displays for smaller spaces/office settings so the lack of HDMI 2.1 is disappointing. Although I wonder if the chroma subsampling reduction isn't really an issue when used with the Xbox Series since you're doing media consumption and gaming. But then there's the LG CX 48" if the larger size is acceptable or pay a lot more for the Asus PA32UCG to get a 32" 4K HDR display with HDMI 2.1.

Personally, I'm stoked. I was really leery of these monitors when they were first announced without DSC or HDMI 2.1/Displayport 2.0 support. Having to switch between modes depending on what you were doing didn't feel great on a supposedly high-end monitor. But, either because of or due to implementing these features, the delay IMHO was worth it get DSC on these G-sync Ultimate monitors and HDMI 2.1 on the ProArt version. Now I just gotta decide which one do I want. Decisions, decisions...

I think ultimately for me, it will come down to which one has less halo-ing. I am not overly bothered by the haloing on the PG27UQ, but it is noticeable when compared to the 48cx oled.

I have given up on finding that all in one display that suits all my needs. I am good with a FALD / IPS option for productivity and larger OLED tv for gaming.

I think ultimately for me, it will come down to which one has less halo-ing. I am not overly bothered by the haloing on the PG27UQ, but it is noticeable when compared to the 48cx oled.

I have given up on finding that all in one display that suits all my needs. I am good with a FALD / IPS option for productivity and larger OLED tv for gaming.
The PG32UQX will be noticeably better than the PG27UQ with halos, but noticeably worse than the LG
How is IPS glow on your PG27UQ? I have heard proper FALD IPS have much much less than normal.

I was hoping that the delay was due to the updated Gsync module, supporting the HDMI 2.1, but I was wrong. All it got is the DSG. Not cool. Although I've been running my OLED at 4k 4:2:2 10bit lately (got tired constantly switching between 444SDR and 422HDR) and I cant really say that the image quality is degraded, probably small size text appears fuzzy at times, I wouldn't want any kind of compromise in IQ in the gaming monitor especially of such price.
I had been trying to hold off and wait for the 32" (what she said) but just can't take the 48" anymore (also what she said). So I figured lets get this 32" orgy started (what she said) and use my bad ju ju. It never fails, the moment I buy a stock it tanks, the moment I buy a high end item a superior one releases soon and tanks my resale, etc, etc.
I know that feeling. When I enter the stock marker - I already know, a financial collapse is in the works. Just give it couple of weeks. Want some mining? You got one week of income before the mining bandwagon goes downhill. Always a bit late to the party. I guess I will get my 38" fald monitor when gaming will barely be a thing for me anymore. Actually, not always late to the party... But yeah, quite often. fuck that - is it what she said?

The PG32UQX will be noticeably better than the PG27UQ with halos, but noticeably worse than the LG
How is IPS glow on your PG27UQ? I have heard proper FALD IPS have much much less than normal.

FALD does a great job curbing IPS glow....one of the reasons why I use this as a productivity monitor is because of that.
The PG27UQ is a great display, and I say that with a 48cx sharing the same desk......they just do different things for me because of their sizes.

My ideal monitor falls in the 32 - 42" range
Right now I have a 27 & 48 on my desk lol

If they can push it out the door and into Best Buy or MC they will get paid.

Heck if I was Gigabyte I'd buy a thousand AUO panels, slap them together with components lying around from other lines and drop them off at stores around the country!

Instant win.

Here's a list of 4K monitor most with over 1000 zone FALD, HDR1000+ 60-144hz monitor in the 27" to 32" range scheduled for release this year

ASUS PG32UQX : 32" IPS 4K 144Hz, Rec.2020 89.5%, HDR1400, Gsync Ultimate, MiniLED 1152 zones, DSC
ACER X32 : 32" IPS 4K 144Hz, Rec.2020 89.5%, HDR1400, Gsync Ultimate, MiniLED 1152 zones, DSC
Viewsonic XG321UG : 32" IPS 4K 144Hz, Rec.2020 89.5%, HDR1400, Gsync Ultimate, MiniLED 1152 zones, DSC
ASUS PG27UQX : 27” IPS 4K 144Hz, DCI-P3 97%, HDR1000, Gsync Ultimate, MiniLED 576 zones
ASUS PA32UCG : 32” IPS 4K 120Hz, DCI-P3 97%, HDR1600, Dolby Vision, Freesync, MiniLED 1152 zones, OCO, HDMI 2.1
ASUS PA32UCX-P
: 32” IPS 4K 60Hz, DCI-P3 99%, HDR1000, 1200nits, Dolby Vision, Freesync, MiniLED 1152 zones, OCO
ASUS PA27UCX-P : 27” IPS 4K 60Hz, DCI-P3 99%, HDR1000, 1200nits, Dolby Vision, Freesync, MiniLED 1152 zones, OCO
DELL UP3221Q : 31.5” IPS 4K 60Hz, DCI-P3, HDR1000, MiniLED 2000 zones

Last edited:
$3600 for Acer X32 is rough. I mean if you are paying for something like that, I would want a perfect display. But we all know it's gonna be riddled with dead pixels, backlight bleed, and who doesn't love a 1 year warranty?

It seems like paying out the nose for something that will be inevitably less buggy and probably a better version of the monitor that will cost $1000 in 2 years. I feel like it might make more sense to buy a cheap $800 HDMI 2.1 TV or the Acer XB323QK for $1200 and just wait a little bit for the tech to get cheaper.

I feel like it might make more sense to buy a cheap $800 HDMI 2.1 TV or the Acer XB323QK for $1200 and just wait a little bit for the tech to get cheaper.
Sure. Just keep in mind that at the rate this circus moves, “a little bit” probably means 4 years. I’m not even exaggerating.

Sure. Just keep in mind that at the rate this circus moves, “a little bit” probably means 4 years. I’m not even exaggerating.
That sounds about right for Mini-LED to become cheaper in monitors. I have more faith in OLED becoming available in smaller size and cheaper as Samsung and LG will duke it out on the TV market in the next few years.

That sounds about right for Mini-LED to become cheaper in monitors. I have more faith in OLED becoming available in smaller size and cheaper as Samsung and LG will duke it out on the TV market in the next few years.

We aren't talking about micro LED here. If mini LED remains elevated to me that's a bigger argument to just buy a TV since that tech isn't anywhere in the same price stratosphere in the TV market.

Yeah no, I think I am passing on all these $3k+ monitors it's just not worth it for me. I might want greater than 4k60 32" but I don't $1500+ more want it. :)

Yeah no, I think I am passing on all these $3k+ monitors it's just not worth it for me. I might want greater than 4k60 32" but I don't $1500+ more want it. :)

Yeah plus modern electronics are so shoddily built. All my old cheap ass monitors from 2000-2004 are still functional. But my last four $1000+ 4k monitors all died within 2 years.

Theres is reason manufacturer warranty have been going down in years across the market and now even flagship products only have 1 year warranty. Because the quality is crap. People who buy these monitors have enough money to blow so spending this kind of money ($3-5k for a monitor) for 1 year of entertainment is worth it to them, then toss it in trash when it breaks and buy a new next best thing when it comes out the following year. Too rich of a lifestyle for my blood.

Last edited:
I have to agree. Been looking for a 32-40 inch high resolution monitor with the latest features, preferably hdmi 2.1 as well. But at these price points, I'd rather deal with the burn issues of an oled tv.

I have to agree. Been looking for a 32-40 inch high resolution monitor with the latest features, preferably hdmi 2.1 as well. But at these price points, I'd rather deal with the burn issues of an oled tv.
I'm hoping that the second tier models (like, perhaps the Viewsonic, and the other Asus gobletygook lettered monitor that doesn't have a bazillion FALD zones) will be reasonable. Expensive, I can handle - but Ridiculously Expensive gets a pass.

yup, hard pass for me too.

With 38" ultrawides with similar PPI now sub $1500 these manufactures are high AF charging $3k with no HDMI 2.1, matte screens, and OLED monitors on the horizon.

Plus WTF Asus with that 2006 "GAMERZ " design ? Really Asus is that the best you can do in 2021? That design in still the same from 5 years ago, it looked like shit then and it looks even worse now. Why can't they modernize their design ascetics ? Just copy the 32" Apple 6k or Dell 8k please. What a joke

yup, hard pass for me too.

With 38" ultrawides with similar PPI now sub $1500 these manufactures are high AF charging $3k with no HDMI 2.1, matte screens, and OLED monitors on the horizon.

Plus WTF Asus with that 2006 "GAMERZ " design ? Really Asus is that the best you can do in 2021? That design in still the same from 5 years ago, it looked like shit then and it looks even worse now. Why can't they modernize their design ascetics ? Just copy the 32" Apple 6k or Dell 8k please. What a joke

OK, I'm going to put you down for two....that will be $5,999.98 + tax + tag + title, left nut & shipping!

On the Gigabyte monitors, am I reading this right? These panels are...OLED? The text is really confusing on the webpage.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 172758.png

Are these monitors OLED? Because it also mentions "Super Speed IPS" next to OLED panel. Or maybe it's like the Asus PG32UQX - it has a mini-display OLED panel...

Given the size of the monitor we can be sure its not using FALD, so its essentially the Gigabyte version of the PG32UQ. Id guess ~$1200?

Given the size of the monitor we can be sure its not using FALD, so its essentially the Gigabyte version of the PG32UQ. Id guess ~$1200?

Well it says hdr 1000 which is weird....seeing that we are 1400 and 1600 with the pro art and uqx

Heh - I finally went through the Gigabyte presentation.

* New Fast IPS * Much Wow!
* OLED " OYeah!

Then you get to the particular product page and delve into the specifications for the 43 which they squeeze in between the 32 (IPS) and the 48 (OLED)

VA

Like - why even?

Heh - I finally went through the Gigabyte presentation.

* New Fast IPS * Much Wow!
* OLED " OYeah!

Then you get to the particular product page and delve into the specifications for the 43 which they squeeze in between the 32 (IPS) and the 48 (OLED)

VA

Like - why even?

I think we can be pretty sure its the same panels used in other announced monitors:
32" - Same panel as Asus PG32UQ
43" - Same panel as Asus XG43UQ
48" - Same panel as LG CX 48.

I think we can be pretty sure its the same panels used in other announced monitors:
32" - Same panel as Asus PG32UQ
43" - Same panel as Asus XG43UQ
48" - Same panel as LG CX 48.
Yup. I hope the 43" is actually a newer panel because those had really bad ghosting issues that really ruined what was otherwise a very capable display on paper.

Yup. I hope the 43" is actually a newer panel because those had really bad ghosting issues that really ruined what was otherwise a very capable display on paper.
hahaha newer panel...hilarious.....they probably are going to rotate the 43" screen 180 degrees so the property RGB is presented and call it an UPDATED 2022 model.

In other news, my body is still ready for the 32 fald.

The FV43U sounds like a different panel than the other 43" screens we've already seen - several specs differ including a MPRT spec (more important for blur than the G2G response time) and a mention of QLED which is a Samsung thing (afaik). I hope this is a good option and has a proper RGB stripe so that there's another option before the 2022 42" OLED.
The 32" monitor looks interesting too.

Back