The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update: Likely Delays till 2nd Half of 2021)

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/a...vrr-1152-zone-miniled-backlight-and-hdr-1400/

Asus ProArt PA32UCG listed on Amazon UK and France site now. Looks like you can pre-order as well. An Australian etailer Mwave also has it listed. Getting close...
This monitor looks absolutely fantastic, but I have one concern with it - the speed of its FALD when gaming. I know that the Nvidia GSYNC Module is specifically tuned to help with processing for very fast FALD, and I am interested in seeing how slow it is without that.

sethk

[H]ard|Gawd
Despite those specs the pro art is not a gaming monitor. There will be a mini led gaming sku from Asus with similar specs but price and suitability for gaming will differ.

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Despite those specs the pro art is not a gaming monitor. There will be a mini led gaming sku from Asus with similar specs but price and suitability for gaming will differ.
Yeah - the Viewsonic and the Asus that drops a letter from the top end one are supposed to be more reasonably priced.

However the panel forecast remains grim for the next few months

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20210428PD211.html

DanNeely

2[H]4U

burburbur

Weaksauce
RIP HDR1400.

Is that just cheaping out on the backlight, or are they swapping panels? If so, for cost or availability reasons? Or the panel maker failing to deliver on promises I guess...
Most of these monitors boasting high brightnesses are talking about peak brightness in a small portion of the screen. Full-screen peak brightness is very often much lower. If there's no local dimming the only value they can market is the full screen peak brightness.

DanNeely

2[H]4U
Most of these monitors boasting high brightnesses are talking about peak brightness in a small portion of the screen. Full-screen peak brightness is very often much lower. If there's no local dimming the only value they can market is the full screen peak brightness.
Yeah. HDR's not going to be driving any of my LCD buying decisions anytime soon. Until they get to ~10k dimming zones at a non-insane price premium they're going to have massive halos; and since i use my monitor indoors only I don't need crazy brightness levels for general use anyway. Under those circumstances, all else equal, I'd rather go with a non-HDR display and spend the difference on something else.

badmojomk

n00b
I did not notice this before, but Viewsonic has quietly ninja edited the announcement.

https://www.viewsonic.com/global/newsroom/content/ViewSonic-Announces-ELITE-32-inch-4K,-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor_49

3q 2021
600 HDR
HDMI 2.1
FreeSync
That looks like a different model monitor that Viewsonic announced, right? Basically equivalent to the Asus PG32UQ. Viewsonic also has the Elite XG321UG coming out with the same specs as the PG32UQX, e.g. 4K, 144Hz, Gsync Ultimate, 1,152 MiniLED panel.

TFTCentral: Viewsonic Elite XG321UG Announcement

DarkSideA8

Gawd
That looks like a different model monitor that Viewsonic announced, right? Basically equivalent to the Asus PG32UQ. Viewsonic also has the Elite XG321UG coming out with the same specs as the PG32UQX, e.g. 4K, 144Hz, Gsync Ultimate, 1,152 MiniLED panel.

TFTCentral: Viewsonic Elite XG321UG Announcement
Zheesh - this has not been my day (or two) for accuracy

Clearly they bought the same spec panels from AUO as Asus.

MBeezy815

n00b
I was thinking the Asus was "the" monitor, but I'm having a hard time with the 3k USD price tag. Hopefully the ViewSonic is not priced similarly!

Armenius

Fully [H]
DisplayHDR says that the peak brightness needs to happen in a 10% window. This is larger than the 2% window manufacturers have been trying to get away with before. So if the monitor is certified DisplayHDR 1400 then it should reach that brightness using that metric.

https://displayhdr.org/performance-criteria-cts1-1/