The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's... I know of 3. Any others I should be keeping an eye out for? (Update: Likely Delays till 2nd Half of 2021)

123Lanoix

2[H]4U
I'm skeptical of a lot of VA panels. I only trust the Dell S3220DGF because i own it and Samsung G7 because I have seen so many reviews showing it's performance.

I'm skeptical of a lot of VA panels. I only trust the Dell S3220DGF because i own it and Samsung G7 because I have seen so many reviews showing it's performance.
Currently a new G7 owner and man am I impressed with it. It’s replacing my old TN Benq that had customizable bright blur reduction and it is matching or exceeding in motion clarity. I got it as a placeholder until we get true quantum dot/micro led panels that can match OLED blacks, response, input, etc.

123Lanoix

2[H]4U
Currently a new G7 owner and man am I impressed with it. It’s replacing my old TN Benq that had customizable bright blur reduction and it is matching or exceeding in motion clarity. I got it as a placeholder until we get true quantum dot/micro led panels that can match OLED blacks, response, input, etc.
Yeah the dell is really similar. It's not quite as fast response times and doesn't get as bright as 600nit or HDR400 vs HDR600 on the g7

I get a bad link warning - you may want to delete this
really ? looks ok to me on my PC & Mac ?

cap.JPG

News from Acer today about upcoming displays, including the upcoming XB32:

"Finally, the Predator XB32 is a 31.5-inch 4K IPS display that’s G-Sync compatible (an update from GeForce Experience will make it play better with modern Nvidia GPUs). It has a native 144Hz refresh rate and also HDR400, if you want that slightly more vibrant image in apps that support it. This model will sell for $1,199. It features two HDMI ports, one DisplayPort, a single USB-C port with 65W PD charging, and four USB Type-A 3.0 ports with a USB Type-B port for powering them"

"We don’t have the full spec sheets yet, though, and given that they will each release in May, there may be some competitive models on the market by then."

The "HDR" implementation will be crap but I don't really care about that much anyway. The article also doesn't explicitly mention HDMI 2.1 on this one so I'm going to assume it doesn't have it.

kasakka

2[H]4U
HDR400 at $1199 is really fuckin' weak for a modern gaming display. Could've asked 100 more and had at least HDR600 with some edge lit zones.

HDR400 at $1199 is really fuckin' weak for a modern gaming display. Could've asked 100 more and had at least HDR600 with some edge lit zones.

Agreed. Definitely a hard sell at that price IMO. Not too terribly much more and you're in OLED territory. For a lot of people 32" is the sweet spot though. They know there isn't really anything in that range so pricing it accordingly I guess.

DarkSideA8

Gawd
No 32 OLED on the horizon, sadly. They're only making larger panels with the new tech for the TV market.

Also - the Acer is announced for May, and I interpret the Asus as an April release in China - so probably a May release in the NA/EU markets

MBeezy815

n00b
No 32 OLED on the horizon, sadly. They're only making larger panels with the new tech for the TV market.

Also - the Acer is announced for May, and I interpret the Asus as an April release in China - so probably a May release in the NA/EU markets
https://videocardz.com/newz/lg-announces-31-5-inch-oled-4k-display-32ep950

No mention of refresh rate, so probably not great for gaming

It seems like all of the 32" monitors are being formally announced this week...

MBeezy815

n00b
didn't want to double post last night...but hi everyone! I've been watching this thread for a few weeks now as I'm on the market for one of these monitors (as well as a video card, as soon as they are available) for my new build. I decided to create an account instead of just stalk. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the posts/info 😀

DarkSideA8

Gawd
didn't want to double post last night...but hi everyone! I've been watching this thread for a few weeks now as I'm on the market for one of these monitors (as well as a video card, as soon as they are available) for my new build. I decided to create an account instead of just stalk. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the posts/info 😀
Welcome to the forum!