The 25 Best Simulation Games Ever Made.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Rock, Paper, Shotgun compiled this list of the 25 best simulators ever. At the end of the article he likened trimming his list to 25 as drowning kittens. So there is a top 50 list at the end.

Top 25 simulations article.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/15/best-simulation-games/

Top 50 list at the end. Don't skip to the end and spoil the article. It's fun trying to figure out who made the list and who didn't. :)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/15/best-simulation-games/8/

What simulators did you feel should have made the list, but were left off? Discuss! Feel free to link their website if you can so everyone can check it out!

warthunder is on the list eh, I know they have a realistic mode but the hardcore sim community seems to not think much of it from what I can gather.

Not a lot of the older game it seems, is falc 4.0 the oldest one on the list? I only looked at the list 25 not 50.

the open source flightgear is orders of magnitude more realistic than warthunder

and I play and enjoy WT, but a sim it is not

good to see spintires on the list, best terrain interaction modeling to date by a wide margin

They forgot Prepar3d, perhaps not originally intended to be a game but certainly released as one. DCS probably has military non-consumer roots as well. #fail

Yeah. I don't get WarThunder. It can't be a good sim if it favors mouse and keyboard controls. I never could make it fly in any form resembling a sim with a HOTAS.

I'm surprised that chose to put Warbirds on that list vs. Air Warrior. Air Warrior is probably the most important flight sim ever because of its pioneering role in MMO gaming.

Glad to see Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear on that list. That is, by far, my favorite tactical shooter.

Good list, but how on earth is Jane's AH-64D Longbow not there.

Jane's Longbow 2 was listed (#31) I am guessing they went with the last release if there were sequels.

Don't think Forza qualifies as a simulator. It's more of a fun arcade jaunt.

Has nothing to do with that (e.g. Euro Truck Simulator is more arcady than simulatory as well). The reason is that Forza* is not on the PC and RPS is a PC gaming site. So the title of the article should be "The 25 Best Simulation Games Ever Made for the PC."

Don't think Forza qualifies as a simulator. It's more of a fun arcade jaunt.

Forza is absolutely a simulator and is at least as realistic in terms of physics as Project Cars. But anyway, yeah, this seems to be a PC list so that's a moot point anyway.

I thought the list was pretty good. A lot better than most other lists I've seen on the internet.

Not sure why the War Thunder hate. The realistic mode with combined aircraft and ground is pretty amazing.

Yeah. Falcon4 was one of the best games ever made.

Only if Microprose survived. :(

Back