The 2022 Steam Summer sale is now live! runs from June 23 to July 7, 2022 10 AM PST

Sickb0y

2[H]4U
Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, nerds, geeks, and the rest of you dateless wonders. The 2022 Steam summer sale is here!! Sale runs from Thursday 23 to July 7, 2022, 10 AM PST

Summer 2022 Lorthax_quest event

Screenshot_5.jpg

Deals worth checking out if you have any other deals worth mentioning let me know.

Doom Eternal $15.99
Doom franchise bundle $38.66
Deep Rock Galactic $9.89
Halo: The master chief collection $15.99
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order $9.99
Stardew Valley $8.99
Titanfall 2 $4.99
Hollow Knight $7.99
Left for Dead 2 $1.99
Left 4 Dead Bundle $2.98
Valve complete pack $13.14
NBA 2K22 $9.59
Sniper Elite 4 $5.99
Sniper Elite bundle $18.53
Sonic mania $4.99
Devil May Cry 5 $9.89
Terraria $4.99
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $4.79

Last edited:
I finally caved and snagged Teardown.

A campaign where you conduct heists in fully destructible environments? ✅
Sandbox mode for endless destruction and experimentation? ✅
Active modding community with tons of cool weapons and maps? ✅
Multiplayer? ✅

It’s really fun…so far it brings me the joy of leveling entire buildings and bridges like Red Faction: Guerrilla but without constant waves of enemies. You can check out Drae on YT for some good videos of craziness.

I watched a video of some guys playing Wobbly Life, and they were having a blast. Looks like good fun and reviews are Overwhelmingly Positive.

I finally caved and snagged Teardown.

A campaign where you conduct heists in fully destructible environments? ✅
Sandbox mode for endless destruction and experimentation? ✅
Active modding community with tons of cool weapons and maps? ✅
Multiplayer? ✅

It’s really fun…so far it brings me the joy of leveling entire buildings and bridges like Red Faction: Guerrilla but without constant waves of enemies. You can check out Drae on YT for some good videos of craziness.

I watched a video of some guys playing Wobbly Life, and they were having a blast. Looks like good fun and reviews are Overwhelmingly Positive.
I do love the blowtorch in that game :)

View attachment 485737
View attachment 485738
View attachment 485739

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, nerds, geeks, and the rest of you dateless wonders. The 2022 Steam summer sale is here!! Sale runs from Thursday 23 to July 7, 2022, 10 AM PST

Summer 2022 Lorthax_quest event

View attachment 485741

Deals worth checking out if you have any other deals worth mentioning let me know.

Doom Eternal $15.99
Doom franchise bundle $38.66
Deep Rock Galactic $9.89
Halo: The master chief collection $15.99
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order $9.99
Stardew Valley $8.99
Titanfall 2 $4.99
Hollow Knight $7.99
Left for Dead 2 $1.99
Left 4 Dead Bundle $2.98
Valve complete pack $13.14
NBA 2K22 $9.59
Sniper Elite 4 $5.99
Sniper Elite bundle $18.53
Sonic mania $4.99
Devil May Cry 5 $9.89
Terraria $4.99
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $4.79

Out of this list, only Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order interests me. :)

Bought Death Stranding upgrade and Resident Evil 3 Rocket launcher (already bought literally everything else in-game, earning it, but not enough points left to get that)

I bought Ready or Not, but not on Steam. CD Keys had it for $28.

So far for Steam itself I bought an AC7 MIG-35D plane DLC for $2.49. Their plane DLC is super over priced (IMO) but I had $1.15 in Steam credit. I'd buy all the plane DLC just to support the developers if it was $15 or so. On sale all of them would be like $24+. I'm all for supporting the devs but they're asking too much, and they don't offer ultra wide support last I checked.

Mirroring what someone else said Sniper Elite 4 is a good deal. Nothing else that really jumps out at me personally in terms of it being a great deal.

bring back Flash sales...it's the only thing that can save the big Steam Summer/Winter Sales...the Summer Sale prices aren't any better than a lot of their Mid-Week sale prices

won't happen, refunds were the end of the steam sale pricing we remember

How is the single player? I don’t really have a reliable MP group.
you don't need one. half the time i'm on with some randoms. once you get some experience, look for the harder difficulty mission levels, the players in there will be experienced. The beauty of deep rock is that you don't need voice comms. if you get into a game with people who know what they're doing, you don't need words, every class has its job.

interesting that Elden Ring is not on sale...I guess when it's the biggest game of the year they don't need to put it on sale

interesting that Elden Ring is not on sale...I guess when it's the biggest game of the year they don't need to put it on sale

It sold something like 13 million copies in 2 months. Not the greatest game ever, but a strong showing. I am assuming that number is around 20+ million now. I think they'll keep the price up higher.

So far I'm in for Deep Rock Galactic and I finally grabbed the Wreckfest Complete bundle.

Wreckfest is entertaining. If you remember and liked the Flatout games you'll enjoy this. I think from the same company. Riding lawnmower destruction derby with ragdoll physics - what's not to love?
DRG has a learning curve. It shines as a MP co-op but as already mentioned it is playable solo. Brother highly recommended it and has many hours in. Right now I like it but don't love it. It is growing on me as I learn more about it tho.
That's it for me so far.

Couple sale items worth mentioning if you don't already have em

Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition
$8.99. IIRC possibly the lowest it's been for the complete edition on Steam.

Deathloop at $23.99 seems like a great deal...Arkane is an underrated developer and Deathloop got a lot of great reviews...

I picked-up trails of cold steel, ( on of the best turn-based strategic RPG systems I've ever played, where you can actually explore the overworld.) Enjoying it so-far.

Might pickup the Outer Worlds. for 18 ( craving an fps rpg, and not expecting good things form Starfield.

FromSoft rarely puts their games on sale. When it comes to sales, they're actually worse than Activision with Call of Duty. I'd be shocked to see it on sale.
Deathloop at $23.99 seems like a great deal...Arkane is an underrated developer and Deathloop got a lot of great reviews...
It's also on PC Game Pass. They now have a $1 deal for returning subscribers in addition to the $1 deal for new ones.

The biggest game of the year needs to run better than it does. I paid full price and have maybe 3 hrs in it.

The biggest game of the year needs to run better than it does. I paid full price and have maybe 3 hrs in it.

ever think maybe you should stop preordring every game with pretty cut-scenes? if folks like you hadn't blitzed the game, then maybe instead of game devs being overworked dealing with overloaded server scaling issues, the devs might have been forced to fix this game engine mess!

ever think maybe you should stop preordring every game with pretty cut-scenes? if folks like you hadn't blitzed the game, then maybe instead of game devs being overworked dealing with overloaded server scaling issues, the devs might have been forced to fix this game engine mess!

I made the terrible mistake of assuming they would fix the performance issues and went over the 2 hr window.

The other angle is some games simply don't go on sale because the developers feel that a game costs what it does and shouldn't be discounted just because of age. One example is a game Distant Worlds: Universe (real time 4x type space game), I think it was released in 2014(?) and never hit a discount, never was on one of those Humble packages (that I can remember), and only when the sequel came out (earlier this year) did it finally go on sale (now $2.99). Other developers will only put games on sale when there is an extraordinary amount of paid DLC content available that often eclipses the cost of the base game, Stellaris (another real time 4x type space game... can you guess what type of games I like?) did this, there's a buttload of DLC, the original game could have been gotten for free recently too, still playable but yeah no DLC and extra goodies that you probably want to play with.

So far I'm in for Deep Rock Galactic and I finally grabbed the Wreckfest Complete bundle.

Wreckfest is entertaining. If you remember and liked the Flatout games you'll enjoy this. I think from the same company. Riding lawnmower destruction derby with ragdoll physics - what's not to love?
DRG has a learning curve. It shines as a MP co-op but as already mentioned it is playable solo. Brother highly recommended it and has many hours in. Right now I like it but don't love it. It is growing on me as I learn more about it tho.
That's it for me so far.

Couple sale items worth mentioning if you don't already have em

Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition
$8.99. IIRC possibly the lowest it's been for the complete edition on Steam.

Picked up Middle Earth...we'll see if the 100Gb DL is worth it. FTL is also on sale...just wasted a quick hour in there, fun game.

I made the terrible mistake of assuming they would fix the performance issues and went over the 2 hr window.

And you'll be waiting several years for it , if Cyberpunk is any indication?
People keep buying these things unconditionally then complaining "but why is it such a shit show?"

And you'll be waiting several years for it , if Cyberpunk is any indication?
People keep buying these things unconditionally then complaining "but why is it such a shit show?"
It gets a little more complicated than that, as companies who make these games do not have an unlimited budget to draw from to produce games and very well may need those additional "pre-order funds" to finish the game at least the spit shine and polish aspect. I'm not talking about a company like EA, who simply does minor game changes and graphical tweaks to every yearly installment of of Madden of Duty 2022. But that Dark Souls money doesn't last forever, and even the larger companies that bankroll these projects have limits and require some return.

Just replaced my 2060 with a 3070. What would be a good game to give it a workout? Metro Exodus looks great. My 165 Hz monitor is finally getting up there.

Just replaced my 2060 with a 3070. What would be a good game to give it a workout? Metro Exodus looks great. My 165 Hz monitor is finally getting up there.
Red Dead Redemption 2 with the settings cranked, Cyberpunk 2077 with raytracing, Elden Ring looks fantastic.

In my opinion, it might be tough to give 3xxx series cards a proper workout with 4k, otherwise you're chasing the diminishing returns of high FPS.

It's also on PC Game Pass. They now have a $1 deal for returning subscribers in addition to the $1 deal for new ones.

Deathloop isn't available on Game Pass...it's a PS5/PC exclusive until September 2022

Also picked up Mafia: Definitive Edition. Good stuff! Seems to be a solid remake of the early 2000s classic so far.

I pick Metro Exodus up awhile just for the RT part, Devil May Cry 5 is great game for the money, I got my copy with a new RX 570 and it's still worth $5

out of all the wishlisted games I have only one is cheaper than it was over the
past history of their discounts. That game is Metro Exodus.... so, might pick it up, just
seems like it still has alot of bugs...

Back