The 2015 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

First custom loop finished today! Specs in sig:

Build time was approx 12 hours (it is my first custom loop so I did a lot of things wrong the first that had to be fixed).

Show off pics in 3..2..1....

I give you, Code Hoth:

1_zpsvyknr8ll.jpg

2_zpsxr6uwwty.jpg

3_zpsmpst6oeo.jpg

4_zpsejtlthub.jpg

5_zps8ge9py5b.jpg

6_zpszyqkp3s5.jpg

9_zpstfj0hhuq.jpg

8_zpsfshz62nk.jpg

7_zps6jcxm3al.jpg

Cooler is an NZXT Kraken x61, rest of build is in my sig.

Well here is mine, there's some really awesome builds in this thread, hope you guys like mine...

:D

Small Update:

Last edited:
Here are a few shots of my rig as it is right now.

FRONT:
aTgsm9a.jpg

I added a 140mm noctua fan here, it is mounted to a phobya 140mm fan shroud. perfect fit
J05F5YK.jpg

Side shot:
mjWcAzt.jpg

panel removed:
XyFxnd5.jpg

closer shot from the left:
hOLrKug.jpg

closer from the right:
Ep8HL6L.jpg

desk, monitor, speakers, etc
UugL5xi.jpg

closer shot:
hw5c1hL.jpg

403282fb3d.jpg

I want a case with a black frame but it's hard to justify spending $80-$150 for a case just for that. I used to run the Noctua in between the heatsinks but it's a little quieter like this.

I really hate that that those damn fans are so ugly. =\

Also, why can't any PSU maker offer a video cable that has a more traditional plug on the end, with a 90 degree connector, instead of these giant hideous looping things.

Stick the cables in the side of the housing, not the top!

Probably because it's a two dimensional pin array, making it angled would increase the size and cost, and may interfere with GPUs that have the connecters stacked instead of side-by-side. As much as I'd like to see that too, I doubt we'll see it on PSUs in stores, and if it's ever sold separately it'll be rare and hard to get.

Just upgraded from i7 950 to 5820k and picked up a new case which fits the h20 easier.

Old set up and case
1.png

Old guts removed
2.png

New stuff all put together
3.png

4.png

6.png

8.png

Old stuff moved to an antec case I'm not a huge fan of, need to find a new case
5.png

What are your thoughts on the Carbide Air 540?
I was thinking of swapping from my HAF-XB EVO to one then realized that it is about the same size and shape as the HAF if it was on it's side.
I really like the look of the 540.

What are your thoughts on the Carbide Air 540?
I was thinking of swapping from my HAF-XB EVO to one then realized that it is about the same size and shape as the HAF if it was on it's side.
I really like the look of the 540.

Just looked at pics of your case, I'd say not really an upgrade, and you wouldn't really gain anything performance/cooling wise.

But, if you're bored, need something to do, and have the spare money, I'd say do it!

*edit* Compared to all the other myriad of cases I've had, this is easily my favorite case. I switched cases about once a year, it will take a lot for me to switch out of this case.

One thing it has that the HAF XB Evo lacks, just off hand, is mounts for fans on the top and HDDs on the bottom (where the carry handles are on the Evo). Of course, it doesn't have hot-swap or 5.25" ODD bays on the front, so there is a trade-off. I managed to hack-in some 140mm fans in the front of my Evo with a 280mm rad behind them, so I can live without the other mount.

Re routed the top video cards power cables and removed the scratched plastic window in the case side panel. Will replace with new panel or custom glass if I can find someone who can make it:

Custom made glass side panel window (still cleaning the inside, finger print show up SO easy) w/ purple RGB:

Last edited:
inb4 newyears...
Got an EK-XTOP for my pump, because it's compact, has an rubber damper built in, and looks cool:
IMG_0466.jpg

And finally got a res for my loop--had to hack together a plate to affix the 92 mm ncase res to the 120 mm fan mount, but works like a charm:
IMG_20151108_235926.jpg

Next upgrade will likely be a platform switch to AM4 or Intel, or a new GPU.

Oop!

I somehow missed this thread until now: (Click image for larger)

Side:

Front:

Desk:

Going to wind up losing the cool illumination on the EVGA Video Cards when I install my HG10 N980 AIO cooling brackets, and dual H90's in the front, but it will be worth it :p

Last edited:
That machine has a really cool and unique color combo inside with the teal RAM.

Last edited:
Here's my latest, still adding a Samsung 950 Pro with a Asus hyper adapter card in the second x16 slot just below the 980TI...

Well, this seems fun.. Here's my new Skylake build. Sorry for flash, I still haven't figured out how to take a picture through the case window without glare.

154373.cb84bc90e01a8c7c5096f2e0e34ff5ce.04bea91fbcb6a9b95135b849c6c4ecf7.1600.jpg

Well, this seems fun.. Here's my new Skylake build. Sorry for flash, I still haven't figured out how to take a picture through the case window without glare.

Use the "flashlight" function from another angle on your phone and disable flash on your camera, or if you only have your phone or your phone doesn't have a flashlight function, you could use an actual flashlight. Works half-decent, anyway. Or if you have a tripod, increase the exposure time and disable flash.

Reactions: lazz
like this
Here is my rig! built it from scratch! anyone from the UK who reads Custom PC, will see it in the next months issue :)

IMG_4846_zpsgbaw8ttk.png

IMG_4844_zpst1auom7l.png

IMG_4848_zpsvkl8a31a.png

IMG_4881_zpsuqltiivv.png

IMG_4780_zpsrgler0mt.jpg

Sweet setup. Log the rig!!!!

Zarathustra[H];1041975387 said:
Oop!

I somehow missed this thread until now: (Click image for larger)

Side:

Front:

Desk:

Going to wind up losing the cool illumination on the EVGA Video Cards when I install my HG10 N980 AIO cooling brackets, and dual H90's in the front, but it will be worth it :p

@xivlia What headphones stand is that??? It's beautiful and I want one!

Oh i bought that from Ebay, some guy was custom making them for about £25. real carbon and real wood. it doesnt have anti-slip feet though, so i stuck some on myself.

Use the "flashlight" function from another angle on your phone and disable flash on your camera, or if you only have your phone or your phone doesn't have a flashlight function, you could use an actual flashlight. Works half-decent, anyway. Or if you have a tripod, increase the exposure time and disable flash.

Nice - I was inspired buy a guy at OCN but springboarded to be the first wall mount with rigid tubes

83442d.jpg

Hey Darth, a bit off topic, but what PCI-E adapter did you use on that wall mount?

This is my updated build
PC:
Rampage IV Black
4930K @ 4.7 ghz 1.425v
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 2133mhz
2 Samsung 512 850 pro SSD Raid-0
Corsair Graphite 760T Case
2 EVGA GTX 980TI Classified's

Water Cooling
EK-FB ASUS R4BE Monoblock (CPU)
2 EK-FC780 GTX Classy (GPU)
1 Black Ice Nemesis 420GTS XFLOW 420mm Rad (Top)
1 Black Ice Nemesis 280GTS XFLOW 280mm Rad (Front)
2 Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS XFLOW 120mm (Bottom & Back)
Koolance RP-452x2 Dual Bay Res W 2 Laing D5 PWM pumps
Lamptron CW611 36W Fan Controller
5 of Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 2000 PWM
2 of Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000
PrimoChill 1/2in. Rigid PETG Tube
PrimoChill Rigid Revolver fittings
IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Back