The 2015 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Hey guys here is my new rig. I call her Beastie. :)
System Specs:
Cosrsair 800D case
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard
Asus ROG Front Base
Asus BD Burner
Intel 3930K 6 Core CPU
32 gigs Corsair Dominator memory
3x Nvidia Geforce GTX 780
3x 2 TB Western Digital Hard Drives
120 gig Corsair SSD
Cordair AX1500i PSU
Corsair H100i liquid CPU cooler
Corsair PC bling
Weight: 50-60 pounds

sYh9BRt.jpg

dG02ZaW.jpg

whq80XE.jpg

tP9q4bP.jpg

f9Zd6wT.jpg

Just booted it up after giving it a huge bath the other day... (Apogee GTZ leaked like crazy)

Replaced with XSPC Raystorm and nothing died thankfully.

a4ttg2.jpg

I have that same power supply. I love it for how long it has lasted. I hate it because the cables are all attached and their are a complete buttload of them and i want to do a m-itx build and that stupid beast wont fit.
I have a corsair 800d right now so it's fine. But seriously, these new itx cases are awesome and i don't need the room like i used to.
Stupid corsair and their reliable power supplies with extra long cables to reach everywhere in large cases.

Also, i just reread what i typed and I sound like my 8 year old telling me a story.

Haha, I was looking at replacing it but it just keeps chugging along.... gonna ride it in this system until I upgrade who knows when.... No reason for me to upgrade this system since it plays everything perfectly after I threw in the R9 290 / Xeon hex @ 4.2 / 12GB mem.

It's been two weeks and there's still no 2015 thread, so i'm making one now! As always, the rules:

• Keep images a reasonable size.
  • If pictures turn to red 's for a significant period then they may be removed.
  • DO NOT link images from servers that are not yours, host them yourself.
  • All posts must adhere to the forum rules, and the Case Modding forum rules in the Case Mod FAQ.
  • Comments are ok but lets try to keep them to a minimum please

I will help get things started.

650D.2015.png

650D.BDD.png

650D.BANNER.png

That's a beautiful setup man! But, and please don't take this as anything but a curious complement, why are you running such a beautiful setup, with such a great case and water cooling, OC processor, etc... but letting it be bottle necked so much by having a SATA primary drive instead of an SSD?

You can get a 1TB Samsung SSD drive that is among the best performers for around $300 (at least when on sale as of late, I got mine a few months ago in November), and make that system seem like it's 4 years newer!

Hey guys here is my new rig. I call her Beastie. :)
System Specs:
Cosrsair 800D case
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard
Asus ROG Front Base
Asus BD Burner
Intel 3930K 6 Core CPU
32 gigs Corsair Dominator memory
3x Nvidia Geforce GTX 780
3x 2 TB Western Digital Hard Drives
120 gig Corsair SSD
Cordair AX1500i PSU
Corsair H100i liquid CPU cooler
Corsair PC bling
Weight: 50-60 pounds

That's an awesome setup. Curious, why splurge on 3 x GTX 780's and then bottleneck the whole shebang with a 120GB ssd? Isn't that only enough for like Windows, some apps, and 1 or MAYBE 2 games total?

With such ridiculous amounts of memory, CPU, and GPU processing power, it's a shame to let I/O bottleneck all that goodness!

You can often find 1TB Samsung SSDs for $350 or less when on sale these days, and IMO they're super reliable compared to previous gen SSDs, and they're generally faster the newer/larger the SSD.

I'm a big fan of using a 120GB (depending on sales) SSD for just the OS, followed by large rotating HD's for my video games / applications. I *might* use a second SSD for a few specific games, but.... that depends on budget, and if I've maxed out memory on the motherboard.

That's an awesome setup. Curious, why splurge on 3 x GTX 780's and then bottleneck the whole shebang with a 120GB ssd? Isn't that only enough for like Windows, some apps, and 1 or MAYBE 2 games total?

With such ridiculous amounts of memory, CPU, and GPU processing power, it's a shame to let I/O bottleneck all that goodness!

You can often find 1TB Samsung SSDs for $350 or less when on sale these days, and IMO they're super reliable compared to previous gen SSDs, and they're generally faster the newer/larger the SSD.

Thanks, disemboweler! I already had a 120gig before and I just use it for the OS and some programs. I kept it to save money too. All of the CPU and GPU power is used for rendering in iRay on 3DS Max. When running all that 3D stuff I barely use 12 gigs of memory. No bottleneck here. :D

NZXT H440 Black/Red Case
Corsair AF & SP Red LED Fans
Corsair AX860 PSU
Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5930K
32Gb Corsair 2666MHz DDR4
2x 4Gb Asus GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II in SLi
2x 240Gb Corsair Neutron XT Series in RAID 0

XUf4rdl.jpg

w9S1lsu.jpg

2IxGbjr.jpg

ncjZiKe.jpg

bVqYSLu.jpg

That's a beautiful setup man! But, and please don't take this as anything but a curious complement, why are you running such a beautiful setup, with such a great case and water cooling, OC processor, etc... but letting it be bottle necked so much by having a SATA primary drive instead of an SSD?

I agree with you, and it's simply about priorities. I have several other hobbies that soak up my disposable income, camera lenses, musical equipment, bike parts, and so forth. I'm not ready to invest in an SSD just yet when flash memory technology is advancing so fast, ~6 month-old drives are already obsolete.

Last edited:
I thought I'd do a brief write up, for those that like quite systems, on my final results in moving my puter to it's new home the Nanoxia Deep Silence 1:

That's a GTX 980 running at 1480 (reference cooler), a 3570k@ 4.4 (Corsair H110), so some fairly standard overclocks. My DB readings from my sound studio, late night silent apartment(hamster was not running on wheel), and my studio grade listening device, Galaxy S5 and the free noise meter ap, taken at 1 foot(30 centimeters) are 17db system off, 21db at idle, and 28db while stressing both the CPU and GPU. I am very pleased with those results.

I ended up really liking this case aside from a few nitpicks. The vents at the top are centered and not offset to the front to accommodate radiators and they went with round and not slotted fan holes. So I had to do some custom work up top to make the H110 fit. Behind the tray could use a bit more space for cabling, main power cable is a tight fit. I went with this case because of the covered top, I figured I could get it working well without having to pop the chimney up. I am running the cpu cooler pulling case air and exhausting out the top. This works well because the reference blower design on the 980 blows directly out of the case so the inside of the case never really warms up much. Power supply pulls from outside the bottom of the case and vents directly out also, so it doesn't impact case temps much.

The fans are all stock except the rear fan was replaced with a NF-S12A that I had in my other case. I could probably knock a couple more DB off by replacing all the fans with 140mm Noctura, I will probably do this later in the year for funsies. It's plenty quite enough as it is now.

EDIT: Not sure on case temps, CPU cores are in the low 60's, GPU is the 980 standard running temp of 79-81.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
^^ why did you completely ignore all the cable management holes in the case? Would look alot better cleaned up.

It's not for display, it's a solid case. It's built to be forgotton. I just tossed it up for folks interested in silent builds.

It's not for display, it's a solid case. It's built to be forgotton. I just tossed it up for folks interested in silent builds.

This is the "Pimped PC" section, you be better off in the cooling section with a dedicated post. Plus, your not supposed to post long sections of text here either. Pics and short description, that's it.

I agree with you, and it's simply about priorities. I have several other hobbies that soak up my disposable income, camera lenses, musical equipment, bike parts, and so forth. I'm not ready to invest in an SSD just yet when flash memory technology is advancing so fast, ~6 month-old drives are already obsolete.

I am in the same boat with multiple spending priorities (not even including 3 kids), but saying that flash drives from 6 months ago are obsolete is just not true. My OS drive is an Intel 520 120Gb, and whilst it is not as fast as newer SSD's, you would only notice the difference in benches. However, the difference between even that old model and any HDD is night and day. Pick up a used ssd and you'll wonder why you waited so long ;)

I am in the same boat with multiple spending priorities (not even including 3 kids), but saying that flash drives from 6 months ago are obsolete is just not true. My OS drive is an Intel 520 120Gb, and whilst it is not as fast as newer SSD's, you would only notice the difference in benches. However, the difference between even that old model and any HDD is night and day. Pick up a used ssd and you'll wonder why you waited so long ;)

There's more to it than just speed, it's about reliability. Samsung Pro drives which less than a year ago came with 3-5 year warranties are now coming with 10 year warranties because of advancements in memory design and construction. Imagine what we will have in another 6 months? I'm in no hurry.

There's more to it than just speed, it's about reliability. Samsung Pro drives which less than a year ago came with 3-5 year warranties are now coming with 10 year warranties because of advancements in memory design and construction. Imagine what we will have in another 6 months? I'm in no hurry.

That's fair enough, but you can wait forever for the next big thing. I can't imagine many enthusiasts holding onto flash drives for more than 10 years....just saying, for under $100 bucks you can have all the extra speed now, whilst you wait for something newer to really shell out for.

That's fair enough, but you can wait forever for the next big thing. I can't imagine many enthusiasts holding onto flash drives for more than 10 years....just saying, for under $100 bucks you can have all the extra speed now, whilst you wait for something newer to really shell out for.

The warranty was just an example of how fast the technology is evolving. In less than a year the projected lifespan of a single drive was more than doubled. I'd rather not waste money on half-measures, when I can just wait a bit and get a nice, large capacity MLC drive for a reasonable price.

Here's my new build. Just switched over to white LED lighting. Was tired of the blue.

i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz / MSI XPower AC
16GB DDR4 2800 GSkill Ripjaws
MSI 290X Lightning
Cooling: NZXT Kraken x41
Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
Case: NZXT Switch 810
PSU: Corsair HX850
Windows 8.1 64bit

Razor Mamba wireless

Audio: Sony 5.1 surround 800w

Before (with the blue lights):
P1000984.jpg

After (with the white lights):
P1000989.jpg

P1000990.JPG

@dr_drift, seems like your folding rig's CPU fan ought to go east-west, not north-south. You are either sucking hot air off your GPU and venting it to the case, or restricting your intake and heating up your graphics card. Of course, I may be missing something.

Dig that case though.

@dr_drift, seems like your folding rig's CPU fan ought to go east-west, not north-south. You are either sucking hot air off your GPU and venting it to the case, or restricting your intake and heating up your graphics card. Of course, I may be missing something.

Dig that case though.

In a perfect (read: ATX) world, that's definitely the case. In those cramped quarters, however, I was stuck going north-south with the HSF. Unfortunately, the cooler is too wide to orient correctly without hitting the graphics card. I tried both orientations (cooler blowing up and cooler blowing down) and found that the cooler blowing downward onto the graphics card decreases CPU temps by 6 deg. C under 100% load and graphics card temps by 10 deg. C under 100% load vs. blowing upward.

Also, thanks!

Here is my old faithful.....on the table after I installed my 771 to 775 modded Xeon L5410. Nothing much compared to most of the amazing rigs in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: But it does all I need it to do and I'd rather waste money on my Chevelle these days!!!!!!!!

Here is my old faithful.....on the table after I installed my 771 to 775 modded Xeon L5410. Nothing much compared to most of the amazing rigs in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: But it does all I need it to do and I'd rather waste money on my Chevelle these days!!!!!!!!

aww yeahh

Not my rig, but a friend of mine and I have his permission to post it. It is a work in progress and will be cleaned up to make it completely stealthy.

11124617_10152821218478201_1283501011872999493_o.jpg

Back