The 2013 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Outside of shits and giggles do you have a usage need for almost 2TB of stupid fast storage?

I use it primarily as a utility/working partition, housing my OS, main apps and a few game installs (everything but Steam). I never fill the partition (to preserve the speed, as SSDs don't like being stuffed full), and indeed have never filled it past 25% of capacity. At the time, the MAX IOPS was one of the fastest SSDs around, and I didn't want to incur the speed penalty by dropping to a smaller drive. Besides, it's better to have the space and not need it, than to need it and not have it.;)

Not much out there above a 30" $1,200 monitor thats usable at a desk in any realistic manner unless you're talking multiple monitors... I guess you could buy the $4.5k Sharp PNK321 32" 4k Monitor :p

Eizo FDH3601...FTW!!:D

Lot's of nice setups in this thread!
c0.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

[MG]http://patechno.com/c4.jpg[MG]

I am going to give up on lian li cases and buy one of that. simply beautiful !

I would reconsider that decision. I too, went from Lian Li to "one of that" (650D) and ended up with inadequate airflow. The front fan is mostly useless. I had to replace the side window with a mesh insert in order to keep my vid cards from overheating.

I would reconsider that decision. I too, went from Lian Li to "one of that" (650D) and ended up with inadequate airflow. The front fan is mostly useless. I had to replace the side window with a mesh insert in order to keep my vid cards from overheating.

were u ocing?

the stock 650D fans are also garbage... but fans are easily replaced, i wouldn't let you turn away from a great case....

I think I see a pair of 2007WFP's. :D
Indeed :)
3x 24" would be too dang wide. A 20" square, 24" wide, 20" square setup offers a damned fine compromise and of course, all of them have a vertical res of 1200.

Makes circuit design and layout as well as coding (flow automation, etc.) a heckuva lot easier. Also gives me an excuse to throw a 5870 in the sucker :D

Is this a joke? Was the person really really drunk?
Are you saying you bought a Falcon Northwest case for $30??!?!?!?
!!!!!!!!!!!

ebay has great deals if you want to watch listing daily. sooner or later someone will list a item for next to nothing in a auction type listing and if no one bids it up then you get a good deal if they mail it.

CPU: Intel 3930k @ 4.25ghz
Mem: 16GB (Dual Channel 2000mhz)
GPU: 2x GTX580 @ 900mhz
HD: 1x 120gb ssd, 2x 1tb HD

The third video card runs the satellite monitors.

I used to have 4 matching sticks of ram for quad-channel but then one went bad and after RMA they sent me back 2different ram. When I tried to run it all in quad-channel I got errors.

The two different lighting styles are controlled by switches on the front of the computer.

tdXRuEr.jpg

ABgkWfs.jpg

WN0R0Oi.jpg

eVwM95b.jpg

vmFxdGZ.jpg

jI3NzA5.jpg

Textured walls. every house I visited in Florida has them. I asked why and was told "because we do".

Mine.

p72OJWg.jpg

Very quiet performance.Only 11.9dB difference between my room's ambient noise level when the computer is off to when the system is running wide open with fans at 85%

SPL Levels recorded by my Transformer sitting on the desk in place of my keyboard.

Power Up
t3awIbO.jpg

Halfway through Valley Benchmark
Pflr3QX.jpg

Test 18/18 (Fans finally at 80%)
hEVSyU1.jpg

Last edited:
My messy rig lol
Main rig=14 Fans total lol. BLUE LED OUT!
Will post my RED LED OUT pc tomz lol.

Do you have an android phone? The Android App market has a neat little dB meter program you can use to measure your ambient room sound levels, then measure your system sound levels when it's on. (I know it's not a high precision sound meter, but it would work to show the difference between your OFF sound levels to your ON sound levels)

It'd be interesting to see the difference between ambient and 14 fans ;)

Pretty sure I've already thrown my pc in this thread, but here it is again.

There are 2 intake, 1 exhaust, and 1 CPU heatsink fans. They are all Scythe's SFLEX E 1200 RPM models. The Asus 660's fans are all auto.

The paper towel is where the phone was located for the recordings.

Finally, here's the db recorded via "Noise Meter" in the Google Play store. Does sound meter do averages? That would have been super helpful. But here's the 2 graphs. The one on the left is w/ the PC off and PC on is located on the right.

Looks like 3~5 db difference. It's by no means silent, but I'm not sure what fans to go for as my temps on the CPU are already touching 70C when BF3's running.

Edit: I'll post a graph during Valley next...
Edit2: Valley benchmark set to extreme yields exact same graph as the one on the right w/ pc on.

Last edited:
I finally got my main system back together with a new video card and sound card, as well as some other changes. Hopefully my grounding issue is resolved. Sorry for the terrible pictures. I haven't had a chance to set up my new camera so I took these with my phone.

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

Last edited:
^VERY nice case. 3rd pic is pretty darn good for a ____ phone?

Thanks!

They were taken with my cell phone, an HTC Evo 4G. To me they look like utter crap. I'll have to post up some good pics when I get a chance to mess with my new camera.

Those are some nice rigs!

Next month I got a refresh coming. Figured it out with the wife, and I can't resist, gonna have to get my hands on a 350D.

Back