The 2012 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? You win. I'm taking my shitty rigs home. That's so not fair. SHOW OFF!!!:D.

Nice setup, no hardware raid controller for all those SSD's though?

There are some really impressive builds here.

I did some upgrading this month.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4.5GHz
ASRock Extreme11 @ 45 x 100MHz
32GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z @ 2400 DDR
Two GTX 690s in Quad SLI
256GB Vertex 4 SSD
Six 512GB Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID-0
4TB Deskstar 7K4000 HDD
Pioneer BDR-206 BD-RW
Cooler Master HAF-X case
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme cooler
Corsair AX1200 power supply
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard
CST LaserTRAC 2545W trackball
DoubleSight DS-307W monitor
Shure SRH840 headphones

SixVertex4s.png

GTX690s-1_zps17f9e1c2.png

GTX690s-2_zpsfb8dfdb1.png

Vertex4xs-1_zpsfc534062.png

Vertex4xs-2_zpsa339d59f.png

Gaming-Rig-1.png

Gaming-Rig-2.png

Gaming-Rig-4.png

The top 4 photos show a 650Ti for PhysX. I've since taken it out.

Shouldn't that read speed for seq write be at least 3000mbps?

Seems a bit on the slow side considering what OCZ says 1 of these drives is capable of 560 read and 510 write for the 512gb G model. Have you got the cheaper M version?

I just did a quick look at what NAND was in my drives. It is indeed the Micron NAND, so it is the M version. The M version that I bought was $399 per drive at Micro Center. The one with Intel NAND is $499 per drive right now. It was even higher than that when I got my M drives.

That could explain why the performance is a bit lower than the Intel NAND drives, but honestly, I'm extremely happy with the performance I have now. I doubt I could even detect the performance difference between Intel and Micron NAND with such an array.

Edit: The 256GB Vertex 4 that I'm using as my OS/Boot drive has Intel NAND.

Last edited:
AdamK47,

Did the 650Ti just not push enough raw power for the PhysX and the SLI was faster?
Just wondering.

thats impressive, maybe one day i'll have a decent gaming rig... but damn impressive to say the least.

@ AdamK47

Please tell me you have more monitors than that. :(

Oh, heck no. Some people, like myself, do not want to deal with multiple monitors and simply like a large quality 30" monitor for gaming. Seems to be a lot of people around here that don't mind dealing with such a setup. Not me.

Ok...you win. :eek:

Seriously nice setup. I miss the days when I could afford to build like that. Now i'm sitting on a 5 year old machine, a $250 newegg gc and no idea where to even start since basically everything needs to go. :p

Oh, heck no. Some people, like myself, do not want to deal with multiple monitors and simply like a large quality 30" monitor for gaming. Seems to be a lot of people around here that don't mind dealing with such a setup. Not me.

I think the point someone was trying to make is that the only reason such graphics horsepower exists is to drive multiple monitors worth of gaming at extremely high resolutions ;)

But honestly it doesn't matter to me, I'm all for everyone doing whatever they damned well please :cool:

yeah with 2x 690s I would say the 650 may not help at all lol. On my single 690 it helps out.

Oh and to chime in for his monitor running 2560x1600 to get nice high and smooth framerates the dual 690s will certainly help out. I ran a 2560x1440 monitor on mine with most games and everythign turned up all the way I noticed too many games going below 60fps... a lot averaged around 45fps at that res with everything cranked up.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree, I prefer one large monitor over multiple small ones.
It's just that it's 4 680s...

I think the point someone was trying to make is that the only reason such graphics horsepower exists is to drive multiple monitors worth of gaming at extremely high resolutions ;)

But honestly it doesn't matter to me, I'm all for everyone doing whatever they damned well please :cool:

I agree, my setup is all sorts of overkill. Just the way I like it! :)

Overkill? Not hardly, but it is a start, what I have in mind of course is a full on number crunching beast and that will require 4 GTX690 cards, an Asus Rampage 3 Extreme motherboard(have), a 1600w Rosewill Hercules psu, a HAF-X case(have) and water cooling, some parts I have already and some I'll be acquiring by June 2015, for gaming Your setup is ok and looks very nice. But not for the Pegasus... Yeah I'm a BSG fan.

LOL! If it were possible to have a hex-SLI or even octa-SLI setup, I would be running it. I'm sure the setup you are planning on building will be a number crunching monster. Do post shots of the final build here!

LOL! If it were possible to have a hex-SLI or even octa-SLI setup, I would be running it. I'm sure the setup you are planning on building will be a number crunching monster. Do post shots of the final build here!

Like I said it might be a while, but I will, I have to save up for each card and for that psu too, 4 months for each card and 2 months for the psu, if My income were greater, I'd have it done already, but I have lots of time, My bills are low and I have no debt, no debt isn't quite ideal as that's a thinfile for credit purposes, so I do it the old fashioned way, I save up for each piece of the puzzle. Oh and I don't see any advantage to sli Myself, but I'm not much of a gamer, at least not anymore, but then I've been using computers since 1980a and building My own PCs since 1992, heck I remember reading about Microsoft introducing cut and paste in Byte magazine, now that was a long time ago, either 1982 or sometime later... but I can provide a few shots of what I do have now, which includes an EK cpu block that I don't have a pic of, it's one with a red insert, the cpu is an i7 940, good enough really.

Rigs003.jpg

HAF-X case with Reservoir, Koolance dual bay Reservoir will replace this one, as I intend to run two cooling circuits...
1366-SetiHome002.jpg

Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
EK-R3E-waterblock002.jpg

EK R3E motherboard block

4 months for each card and 2 months for the PSU? That's an eternity in PC building. No doubt the next gen nVidia/AMD cards will be released while you are in the process of building it. By that time I will have upgraded to the next gen. Perhaps I can sell you my GTX 690s after you have saved for them.

I hope you aren't just blowing smoke, and not just cigarette smoke.

4 months for each card and 2 months for the PSU? That's an eternity in PC building. No doubt the next gen nVidia/AMD cards will be released while you are in the process of building it. By that time I will have upgraded to the next gen. Perhaps I can sell you my GTX 690s after you have saved for them.

Oh dear, I'm not 'blowing smoke', I don't smoke cigs either(nasty habit, yuck!), the months quoted are at todays prices for used cards as currently I can manage about an extra $270-$300 a month after bills and food(car repairs, dmv, property taxes and any new clothing aside), I'm just frugal, My monthly income in 2013 is $866.40 per month, the prices will drop more when the GTX790 cards come out next year...

Besides in number crunching My current GTX590 setup is fairly old already and it does pretty good, besides 590 cards are currently a bit hard to find, I'll be lucky to get 2 more of those for the Galactica. I've got a line on a Koolance GTX690 block, plus 3 others that are just like it, but like I said I've got lots of time, so the latest and greatest is for someone else.

My New Rig after long time with the XFX 750i and EVGA 750i FTW and 780i FTW and 790i FTW i went to i7 930 with asus P6T se some pic and some case mod..

20121214123207.jpg

20121214123231.jpg

20121214123249.jpg

Last edited:
There are some really impressive builds here.

I did some upgrading this month.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4.5GHz
ASRock Extreme11 @ 45 x 100MHz
32GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z @ 2400 DDR
Two GTX 690s in Quad SLI
256GB Vertex 4 SSD
Six 512GB Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID-0
4TB Deskstar 7K4000 HDD
Pioneer BDR-206 BD-RW
Cooler Master HAF-X case
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme cooler
Corsair AX1200 power supply
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard
CST LaserTRAC 2545W trackball
DoubleSight DS-307W monitor
Shure SRH840 headphones

SixVertex4s.png

GTX690s-1_zps17f9e1c2.png

GTX690s-2_zpsfb8dfdb1.png

Vertex4xs-1_zpsfc534062.png

Vertex4xs-2_zpsa339d59f.png

Gaming-Rig-1.png

Gaming-Rig-2.png

Gaming-Rig-4.png

The top 4 photos show a 650Ti for PhysX. I've since taken it out.

blue lights have always been my favorite and nice 6 512 GB ssds in raid 0 haha nice

what you got back there?

I bet a bunch of customer's eMachines that they dropped off and never came back to pick up :D jk

But yeah. That has got to be the most loaded rig I've seen on here... is it mainly for gaming? Aren't those Raid0 SSD's for naught if you have to wait for everyone else to load the level anyway? :D

I just did a quick look at what NAND was in my drives. It is indeed the Micron NAND, so it is the M version. The M version that I bought was $399 per drive at Micro Center. The one with Intel NAND is $499 per drive right now. It was even higher than that when I got my M drives.

That could explain why the performance is a bit lower than the Intel NAND drives, but honestly, I'm extremely happy with the performance I have now. I doubt I could even detect the performance difference between Intel and Micron NAND with such an array.

Edit: The 256GB Vertex 4 that I'm using as my OS/Boot drive has Intel NAND.

Then your read speed should be up to 2760mbps maxs.

Well yeah, but the question is... can it play Crysis?

:p

That's probably the biggest waste of money I've seen in a LONG time.

I could personally never justify spending $10k to play video games, but hey man.... to each their own. Most of us wouldn't be able to assemble a rig like that even if we wanted to.... but I think we all sorta secretly want to.

Last edited:
I could personally never justify spending $10k to play video games, but hey man.... to each their own. Most of us wouldn't be able to assemble a rig like that even if we wanted to.... but I think we all sorta secretly want to.

Get out of my head!:D

As proof of Me not 'blowing smoke', here it is and this is with 1 GTX590 card, Seti is the main project, the others are backups in case Seti is out of work or is down, for some reason this forum does not like tinyurl{.}com at all, so I had to go and dig this out of Boinc Stats directly...

HAF-932-6fans001.jpg

the Galactica
sig.png

Last edited:
This is a post pics of your rigs thread, damn. Keep posting off topic and it will get closed. Take this shit somewhere else into PM's or another thread please.

Well, I'm pretty sure this guy owns like 2 corvettes, so it's alright. Pennies in comparison.

It's definitely a nice setup. What case is that, AdamK47?

This is a post pics of your rigs thread, damn. Keep posting off topic and it will get closed. Take this shit somewhere else into PM's or another thread please.

Everyone has been posting about a rig or responding talking about said rig... so the only off topic post in this thread would be yours. You're not a moderator, so I don't think it's such a grand idea to be talking about ZOMG THREAD'S GONNA GIT CLOSED when you're not contributing.

This is one of my favorite threads by far. All of the clean rig's on here are an inspiration for anyone looking to build or upgrade their PC.

The only thing that I hate is when people quote someone and all their pic's.

I have posted mine in here, but, I rebuilt my LanBox but I still haven't had the time to take pic's of it.

I will get those up ASAP.

Carry on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back