The 2012 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My setup with the new Cooler Master HAF XB at this point in time and retiring my mini P180. Planning to add window, more lighting, possible sound insulation and Corsair water cooling kit, but time will tell.

cmredo12.jpg

cmredo11.jpg

cmredo13.jpg

cmredo10.jpg

redocmrear.jpg

cmredo9.jpg

cmredo8.jpg

cmredo7.jpg

cmredo6.jpg

Last edited:
img0462jpg.jpg

I just built this today! Sorry for the bad angle. I will be adding WC to this a little later. :)

Not sure if this picture is big enough for you to see, but the CD screw is bent... "Damn, why won't the holes line up?"

I think if you make this picture bigger, we could see it...

@At-AT28: that XB is sechs! nice build. Tho it begs for a ATX board and another gpu... ;-)

My setup with the new Cooler Master HAF XB at this point in time and retiring my mini P180. Planning to add window, more lighting, possible sound insulation and Corsair water cooling kit, but time will tell.

Nice looking! I love the red on black with the red LEDs. If you keep the air cooling, I suggest a red LED fan on the HS.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-
[IMG]http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/621316_10151176303436129_1501462926_o.jpg

Did you powder coated (painted) the heat sink? if so, does it affect it's performance on any way? Nice system btw.

Thats the new Dark Knight Night Hawk edition HSF, it comes with a heat ceramic coating on it.

Nice looking! I love the red on black with the red LEDs. If you keep the air cooling, I suggest a red LED fan on the HS.

I like the white LED as it helps break up the red lighting and its also a color of the Asus ROG color scheme

@At-AT28: that XB is sechs! nice build. Tho it begs for a ATX board and another gpu... ;-)

Yeah I know, but I can't justify the cost for a new PSU, mobo and GPU for my gaming needs

I built this rig at the start of 2011 when the sandy bridge and gtx580's just came out. Finally decided to get some pics and show it off.

Specs:
Antec Lanboy Air case
[email protected] with a Swiftech Apogee XT Rev2 block
16Gig Corsair 1833 Dominator ram
Asus GTX580 overvolt edition with a DangerDen GPU block
Asus P67 Sabertooth motherboard
Creative X-FI
SeaSonic X-Series 850w
Two Mushkin Chronos 240Gig ssd
Two Mushkin Chronos 7mm 60Gig ssd
One Mushkin Callisto 120Gig
LG Blu-ray optical drive
Swiftech MCR120 -QP rear Rad
Swiftech MCR220-QP front Rad
Three Medium speed Triebwerk fans pulling air.
Two 120mm Antec fans in front of case pushing air on front rad.
DangerDen Dual bay Res with Swiftech 655B pump.
All fittings are 1/2" barbed with aluminum black clamps.
1/2" inner diameter hoses.
I used to have a KillerNic 2100 in the machine but I found the onboard Intel nic performed better on my local network.
I used UN brackets to mount the rad in the front of the case. A link to them.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...Set_-_Black_Powder_Coat_UNRBR1-BLK.html#blank

Front of case to see Swiftech 240 rad. Also DangerDen Dual bay Res with Swiftech 655B pump.
IMAG0015.jpg

My desk and layout.
IMAG0029.jpg

You can see the DangerDen GTX580 gpu block. Also, the Swiftech cpu block and the rear Swiftech 120 rad. Three Triebwerk medium speed fans.
IMAG0031.jpg

Closeup of cpu and rear rad.
IMAG0017.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, I remember that wallpaper way freaking back in 2001 in my LAN party days on one guys computer

Well, I used to host Lan parties and had that wallpaper back then as well. Was on my Linux e16 desktop back then running Arch Linux 0.6

I just never got tired of it as my background.

PICT0237.jpg

PICT0236.jpg

PICT0235.jpg

PICT0234.jpg

PICT0233.jpg

PICT0232.jpg

This is my new setup.
Suntek midi tower case
Gigabyte 970A-DS3
AMD 6 core FX 6100
8gb DDR3 1866(2x 4gb)
OCZ Vertex R2 60gb SSD
XFX HD6870 1gb
1TB HD
Lite-On DVD-RW
AOC 27" e2752Vq

cmredo12.jpg

cmredo11.jpg

cmredo13.jpg

cmredo10.jpg

cmredo9.jpg

cmredo8.jpg

cmredo7.jpg

cmredo6.jpg

Very very nice. I love the case ever since I saw it. I am thinking about getting on.:D

Agreed, very nice setup

The ROG color scheme includes white, so hence I like the white LED HSF fan to help break up the red lighting. If I decide to upgrade to a Dark Knight Night Hawk HSF, i'll use dual white LED fans.

Again, wish I had a ATX mobo now just to fill in the empty space but my mini P180 was mATX only when I built my rig last year, so I can't justify buying a new mobo and rebuilding my OS just to fill in empty case space *shrug* And I have no plans to go SLI either, but if Haswell decides to prove worthwhile and if I have the money, i'll go back to ATX

The new addition to my rig. Here's a few pic's of the Xigmatek Dark Knight. Sorry about the crappy pic, crappy camera. If anybody is interested ill post the before and after temps, after I run Prime95.

Crappy Pic
DSCN18422.jpg

Not so crappy pic
DSCN1821.jpg

Crosspost from the Fractal Design thread...

I thought I would throw a few pics into this thread. I just replaced my Antec Nine Hundred with a Define R4 w/Window in Arctic White. Looks great, very classy AND quiet. Rig is in my sig. This was my first "modern" case with real cable management. What a pleasure it was to build and it looks very clean. Very happy with this one! :D

R4left.JPG

R4lefttop.JPG

R4front.JPG

R4frontopen.JPG

R4rightopen.JPG

R4window.JPG

That white Fractual is pretty damn sexy and tempting, but I wonder how well it would withstand kitty claws with that paint job? If I didn't just get myself a CM HAF XB, i'd be really tempted to try a white case.

Updated, excuse me for the bad quality pictures.

Here's a picture of Monolith v2.

2012-12-11_11-32-55_648.jpg

2012-12-11_11-35-16_199.jpg

2012-12-11_11-35-41_532.jpg

2012-12-11_11-36-10_912.jpg

2012-12-11_11-36-22_789.jpg

2012-12-11_11-37-46_482.jpg

2012-12-11_11-38-51_196.jpg

More updates to come soon.

Updates:
* My Mushkies are under RMA process all sticks, so using 6gigs worth of OCZ ReaperX 1866 DDR3 for now, unfortunately due to the high-profile heatsink I had to remove one of the Noctua fan's for a dual push/pull config.
* The hard drives in the bay are 1x 500GB Barracuda + 3x 1TB Barracuda's, my original 5 in 1 Hot-swappable hard drive bay with it's 2x640GB Veloci's, 2x2TB WD Blacks with a Adaptec raid controller have been removed for another future build, you can see in the picture I only have 1 500GB Sata drive plugged in, in use atm I'm sourcing for a fairly decent performance raid controller with bbu capability.
* Yes that is 3x GTX480's you see in the picture what I call the 'toasters'.

Last edited:
Sweet jesus man, why the hell do some of you guys have that many HDDs?

I use two SSD's for BOOT in RAID 0, two SSD;s in RAID 0 for programs, a 2TB WD Caviar Green (which is 90% full atm) data storage, 1x 1.5TB WD Caviar Black for data, then 4 external WD Caviar Blacks for data storage @ 2TB each.

That is just in Frank - my WHS has 18TB of drives for movies and PC backups. There are many reasons, I can never have enough hard drives.

That white Fractual is pretty damn sexy and tempting, but I wonder how well it would withstand kitty claws with that paint job? If I didn't just get myself a CM HAF XB, i'd be really tempted to try a white case.

I have a cat but she doesn't go near it. Plus it's not painted it's a powdercoat which is much more durable. Yeah it is sexy. :D

These 2 are done,im building a CosmosII for a guy right now...I can post the build logs if you are interested?

I also have a pipebending 101 if you want to have a go at the tubing...

Updated, excuse me for the bad quality pictures.

Here's a picture of Monolith v2.

snip

More updates to come soon.

Updates:
* My Mushkies are under RMA process all sticks, so using 6gigs worth of OCZ ReaperX 1866 DDR3 for now, unfortunately due to the high-profile heatsink I had to remove one of the Noctua fan's for a dual push/pull config.
* The hard drives in the bay are 1x 500GB Barracuda + 3x 1TB Barracuda's, my original 5 in 1 Hot-swappable hard drive bay with it's 2x640GB Veloci's, 2x2TB WD Blacks with a Adaptec raid controller have been removed for another future build, you can see in the picture I only have 1 500GB Sata drive plugged in, in use atm I'm sourcing for a fairly decent performance raid controller with bbu capability.
* Yes that is 3x GTX480's you see in the picture what I call the 'toasters'.

Do the side panels humm in any way?, I currently have the Fractal R4 with 5 hard drives and the side panels hum which is really F**king annoying, and have to have the side panel off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back