The 2012 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some kind of smoked plexi at the bottom to cover the power supply and its cables. Otherwise, that is a nice build.

Maybe some kind of smoked plexi at the bottom to cover the power supply and its cables. Otherwise, that is a nice build.

^^ great idea! i'll have to google where and how to do it, and if i have the skills to =/

menards has random acrylic panels sitting near the window section, dont recall if they had smoked though

^^ great idea! i'll have to google where and how to do it, and if i have the skills to =/

Actually maybe go with a piece of orange plexi. As far as skills. You need plexiglass glue ( to glue two pieces at an angle.) and a power saw of your choice to cut it. as far as mounting it in the case, take velcro strips and cut them down to width. Done.

Next step
1)Rear fan
2)Hide the 4 pin cable
4)Shorter sata cables
3)Get ssd :p

http://i.imgur.com/HV0dx.jpg

Would you like some motherboard with that HS?

Actually maybe go with a piece of orange plexi. As far as skills. You need plexiglass glue ( to glue two pieces at an angle.) and a power saw of your choice to cut it. as far as mounting it in the case, take velcro strips and cut them down to width. Done.

Or a heat source. I've had to bend plexi using a heater (built for the plexi - long heat element) then bend slowly to the desired angle. Looked a lot better than a sharp 90* angle. It did require a lot of buffing, though, to look excellent.

How funny, i was just thinking of ways to cover my ghetto ocz sticker on my zt series power. yellow doesn't go with my red/black build. Maybe i'll just be cheap and put a black sticker over it, lot easier.

Got one. Upside down, but still at least its black. Lucked out I guess. The one sent to me was the exact length of the Asus bridge = )
7f7MZl.jpg

VS
BhYPOl.jpg

I just finished my new system. My last one lasted me over 5 years and I'm hoping to get that kind of longevity out of this one (with random updates, of course).

The parts list:

Case - Coolmaster HAF XM. This case gives me plenty of room to expand down the road.
CPU - Intel i5-3750k. running very cool with my huge cooler hooked up to it.
CPU Cooler - Coolmaster TPC 812. keeping that i5 very cool but has some clearance issues with the memory.
Video - MSI GTX 670. Much nicer than the 460 I have in my old case.
Memory - Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 16GB (2 x 8GB). (might go back for another set (why? because I can :) )
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77-D3H. Has all I wanted in a motherboard.
An LG BH14 blu-ray burner takes care of my cd/dvd/blu-ray needs.
Two 2tb hd's are in the case so far (one from my old system and one new).

coolmastercase_zpsa617f71a.jpg

internalsofmoderncomputer_zps5e9d4cde.jpg

internalpic_zps6fd12c04.jpg

Here is a pic of the CPU cooler and memory clearance issue I've got. I think I'll switch to liquid cooling in the near future.
memoryfaninterference_zps128f9e22.jpg

Man the position of the PCI-Express power on that MSI card is absolutely horrible, wtf was MSI thinking?

Nonetheless nice build.

all reference gtx 670's are like that. the card is only half length, and the rest of it is cooler.

all reference gtx 670's are like that. the card is only half length, and the rest of it is cooler.

Serious? I didn't know that nor have I played with a 670 "yet". Pretty bad designing by nvidia, the position of the power would spoil any really tidy cable managed rigs.

Serious? I didn't know that nor have I played with a 670 "yet". Pretty bad designing by nvidia, the position of the power would spoil any really tidy cable managed rigs.

Reference 670 cards are.

The cards are super short:
jokUA.jpg

And the rest of the space is cooler:
O1v0P.jpg

Many 670's are sold with a full length (680 or custom) pcb now, though:
0dj6T.jpg

(MSI Power edition)

Since like the 9000 series cards, nvidia has made the worst cooler designs ever. I just dont see why people by reference cards. I mean, unless you just HAVE to be an early adopter, what is the point? worse cooling, less overclocking, definitely no over volting, and last UGLY! I would def prefer 1) longer/thicker pcb, 2) no green letters, 3) power connections at end of card by cable gromet.

Since like the 9000 series cards, nvidia has made the worst cooler designs ever. I just dont see why people by reference cards. I mean, unless you just HAVE to be an early adopter, what is the point? worse cooling, less overclocking, definitely no over volting, and last UGLY! I would def prefer 1) longer/thicker pcb, 2) no green letters, 3) power connections at end of card by cable gromet.

waterblocks are cheaper and easier to find for reference cards

while i agree that their coolers are usually not the best, in this case i dont blame them. they shortened one of their highest performing cards to less than 7". this card BEGS to be watercooled in a sff rig, if youre not doing that then get a non-ref card.

Here's my wife's rig that she did the cable management on:

dQIvP.jpg

I'll edit the post a little later with mine.

Had to throw in my older X58 build with the HAF932 before the inside was painted. So I did it myself. Pictures show a couple of updates.

HAF932.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

P1030474.jpg

got my sleeved pci-e cables (they are slightly dirty, due to faulty grommets in the 810), and my second single-slot FC7970 i/o bracket. interesting tidbit: i installed it without taking the loop apart. that was....epic haha

img1535m.jpg

img1538mo.jpg

img1537nh.jpg

img1544bn.jpg

img1549oq.jpg

Last edited:
My Newest Build :cool:

ZvqhR.jpg

N5J5i.jpg

urQAb.jpg

3bHIu.jpg

H5tt3.jpg

7FdF4.jpg

vgMG9.jpg

Ax5rN.jpg

etyM8.jpg

Intel i5 3570K @4.6
Asus maximus Gene V z77
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
OCZ Vertex and Agility SSD Raid 0
Samasung 23` LED 3d Moitor
;)

I've played those LED stripes at my previous work before and I can tell you that they are blindingly bright as fuck. Thank god your side panel isn't one huge piece of clear perspex.:eek:

It is all about the power source you are using .. the less the amp the dimmer it will get + i divided the stripes in to smaller chunks and every chunk is controllable through a remote control relay unit + the side panel is smoked acrylic so it requires some intensity :D

and actually it does look that intense in real world ... my camera is just very bad with color balancing ;)

don`t worry pal ... although i don`t like them but Madrid really got a lot of top notch players and a very clever coach ... their "under performance" wont last for long ;)

as a barca fan you simply cannot like Real :)

just like I cannot like Barca......or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back