The 2012 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 4GB 680s ... fucccck nice work, i like the stormtrooper compy ;-)

Just went full water on my Antec 1200 that for some reason cannot I cannot let go...
and added some components here and there and a splash of makeup:D LOL!

Enjoy!

dscn1419aj.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1422f.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1420wl.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1423s.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1587z.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1603w.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1596n.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1451v.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28

Updated with a new Corsair AX1200I. and a little wiring rework. cant decide if i really like the individual sleeved look or not.

Nice rig! Also I'm with you on the original cables, I dont really like the look of individually sleeved cables for some reason I like the raw look of the original 1200 cables....

Just redid the rig. Went from an ancient Thermaltake Xaser V with a Q6600 and DDR2 to a Corsair 300R and Ivy Bridge. Case was amazing to work with compared to a full tower with 7 80mm fans from 2004. Next up is a new GPU to keep up with the Auria's 1440p.

New stuff:
Corsair Carbide 300R
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
3570k @ 4.4Ghz on CM Hyper 212 Plus
8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600
Asus Xonar DG

Recycled from old build:
Rosewill Hive 650W PSU
Intel 320 120GB
WD 250GB
Asus HD 6870 CU2

iEHHZjRv3ZURb.jpg

Just went full water on my Antec 1200 that for some reason cannot I cannot let go...
and added some components here and there and a splash of makeup:D LOL!

Enjoy!

dscn1419aj.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1422f.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1420wl.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1423s.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1587z.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1603w.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1596n.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28
dscn1451v.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-28

Very nice cable management! I have an Antec 1200 so I know how hard it is to manage cables in that case. I can tell you really took your time on that build. Good job!

Nothing spectacular. I don't play to many games, just surf the web and listen to music anymore.
2012-08-16070544.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice cable management! I have an Antec 1200 so I know how hard it is to manage cables in that case. I can tell you really took your time on that build. Good job!

Thank you very much! I actually did!:p

For some reason, I just cant let go of this case?!?! I wanted to buy a bigger case that can hold a CEB board to guarantee future upgrades but everytime I am about to buy a new case I end up hitting cancel! Probly because of the time that I have put in it??? Oh and also this is the older generation Antec 1200 w/c gives me more of a reason to upgrade! I wanted to buy 2 gtx 690's but I know that it will not fit (that maybe a good thing! :) )

One thing I do really like about this build is that it ended up having no wasted space and the case was able to showcase almost every upgrade I did to it..

DSC01801.jpg

Updated with a new Corsair AX1200I. and a little wiring rework. cant decide if i really like the individual sleeved look or not.

What are your temps like? I'm trying to decide between the 600t and 650d for an upcoming build that will contain a 3770k and 2x GTX680's (one initially, and another in a few months). I like the 600t's looks a lot, but am concerned about the heat.

thanks for getting my system on rig of the day! heat is not as bad as i thought it would be. oc 1200 gpu, 6800 mem. At load the top card gets pretty warm, 81 max. 2nd and 3rd cards hit 70. they idle at 51,46,39. I have a 140mm corsair fan pointing right at them if you cant tell from the pic. not as loud as one would think either. definitely an improvement over the 580 in terms of heat and noise. at 2560 x 1440 im getting up to 2.2 gb vram usage in some scenarios. the 600t is an amazing case. I have 2 of them! cable management is simple and very roomy. I have my radiater up top as an intake so all heat exits out the back. system is always very cool! Ill have to post a pic of my other rig. its pretty much identical to this one but from older parts.

@moutwtrng

your rig is awesome too man. I would love to go with a "real" water loop but it still just scares the crap outta me. one leak and poof! at least mine will keep me nice and toasty in the winter. ;)

moutwtrng so far I think you have won the thread.

I just hope you have some nice monitors to match that PC setup.

I will just cross post pictures of my rig from the SFF thread, which will arrive on friday. Due the water cooling it was not made by me unfortunately (this kind of precision work & me = flooding :D). But hey, there is no "rule" that it must be built by you and not by your friends shop :D :

prodigy_1.jpg

prodigy_2.jpg

Hardware : Core i7-2600K, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, EVGA GTX670 2GB, Seasonic X-460FL, Crucial m4 256GB, 2x8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600CL9

Cooling:
Alphacool VPP655 + D5 top, EK-Multioption RES X2 - 150 Advanced, Phobya Xtreme 200, XSPC EX240, Watercool HK CPU LGA 1155/1156 Rev. 3.0 LT White, Watercool HEATKILLER GPU-X3 GTX 670, Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm fan, 2x Corsair SP120 Quiet, Corsair AF140 Quiet, aquaero 5 LT fan controller

According to him temps are :
Idle : CPU 33C
20 minutes of Furmark : GPU 45C, max CPU core 47C

More pictures on his Fa ce bo ok page.

PS: This build is even shown on the Bitfenix facebook page :p

That is Seasonic X-460FL, fully modular. And those cables on the 2nd picture are there just for the photo, in reality they end up connected to the side panel (SSD and fan controller is there) - like this. Which is still kinda max 15-20cm distance versus 50-60cm cable length. You can't make that more clean without custom length cables, trust me. The only cables connected to PSU are :
- 24pin
- 8-pin EPS
- 2xPCI-E power
- 1 molex cable
- 1 SATA power cable.

It still makes that huge bundle you can see in that small case.

I will just cross post pictures of my rig from the SFF thread, which will arrive on friday. Due the water cooling it was not made by me unfortunately (this kind of precision work & me = flooding :D). But hey, there is no "rule" that it must be built by you and not by your friends shop :D :

prodigy_1.jpg

prodigy_2.jpg

That's awesome!

That is Seasonic X-460FL, fully modular. And those cables on the 2nd picture are there just for the photo, in reality they end up connected to the side panel (SSD and fan controller is there) - like this. Which is still kinda max 15-20cm distance versus 50-60cm cable length. You can't make that more clean without custom length cables, trust me. The only cables connected to PSU are :
- 24pin
- 8-pin EPS
- 2xPCI-E power
- 1 molex cable
- 1 SATA power cable.

It still makes that huge bundle you can see in that small case.

ahh okay but the build looks really good, good job

please stop quoting all the pictures guys. it takes me like 3 minutes to load each page of this thread on my work computer. just quote their post and delete the images, or dont quote and just refer to their user name. thanks!

Last edited:
Specs:
HAF 932 w/custom window
AMD 1090T
Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7
4x8GB Corsair DDR3 1600
2x5770 video cards custom painted
PCIE OCZ Revo drive
2TB WD 5400rpm

_DSC6789.JPG

@P4rD0nM3

Im digging the red color scheme. awesome system! my only suggestion would be a backplate on the top card, and go to a local hobby store and get some model paint for those green letters. by the way do you have any stuttering or choppy gameplay with your setup.all valve games in general run like crap on my machine. 2 way is butter but 3 way is terrible. dirt3 and batman aa on the other hand run flawless. probably driver issue. my 580 tri sli rig has none of the same problems.

@moutwtrng

your rig is awesome too man. I would love to go with a "real" water loop but it still just scares the crap outta me. one leak and poof! at least mine will keep me nice and toasty in the winter. ;)

Thanks Krill! I know what you mean, even though I have the custom loop already it still scares me:eek: but the fact that it keeps my components cool during gaming or heavy editing keeps everything smooth and silky but I still keep an eye out once in a while. The ultimate reason that I watercooled is the noise. I cant stand it specially when the fans blow at 100%.

Your rig is pretty amazing as well! I like your cable management! I would actually like to get my hands on your system watercool it! :p

Last edited:
moutwtrng so far I think you have won the thread.

I just hope you have some nice monitors to match that PC setup.

Thank you very much!

I actually do! LOL:p

3x asus IPS monitors

sorry for the crappy pics....

dscn1618p.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-22
dscn1626c.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-22

Last edited:
Thanks Krill! I know what you mean, even though I have the custom loop already it still scares me:eek: but the fact that it keeps my components cool during gaming or heavy editing keeps everything smooth and silky but I still keep an eye out once in a while. The ultimate reason that I watercooled is the noise. I cant stand it specially when the fans blow at 100%.

Your rig is pretty amazing as well! I like your cable management! I would actually like to get my hands on your system watercool it! :p

How much do you have in your water loop? So many components to choose from I wouldn't know where to start. Doesn't the radiator fans still make a significant amount of noise?

How much do you have in your water loop? So many components to choose from I wouldn't know where to start. Doesn't the radiator fans still make a significant amount of noise?

Oh goodness! I wish you did not ask me that your making me depressed thinking of how much I spent....:( LOL! anyway, Im at $1k+ just for the watercooling loop (ouch!). You really dont have to watercool the whole system though

It could be a bit daunting choosing components and you do not want to skimp on the parts cause 1 waterdrop can ruin everything! I was browsing for approximately 3 months and another month convincing my wife that I needed it before I went full water.

Actually my whole system is whisper quiet now, I run all the fans on the lowest setting via the fan controllers and I have never had to turn them up yet. My CPU I7 2700k @ 3.9 is 25c on idle and 36c on load. GPU 1,2,3 is at between 36-40c idle and never pass on 47c load.

Last edited:
That's one of the Thickest Rads I have ever seen in an enternal loop :eek:

Nicely done the heat coming from those parts didn't stand a chance :D

Just wanted to post my old PC from way back when I was in college. Oh what a difference it makes.

74e02cfceecd11e19297123138150fb6_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back