The 1080 ti shortage is hurting current owners as well....

Feels good to be a miner!

If one (or both) of the 1080 Ti's that I have in SLI in my main rig bite the dust, I have tons of spare 1080 Ti's in other machines ready to be swapped in at a moment's notice ;)

You have no idea.

That feeling you get when you break open a rock and find a Red Agate that's worth two grand. Exceptional. (y)

Stop blaming miners for all your problems. They go into those mines, so we don’t have to, they have to deal with black lung, and cave-ins, and you wouldn’t even have the electricity for your graphics card if it wasn’t for their coal. What hippy crap.

Edit: Just did some googling, we are FUCKED OMG!!

I've been totally living under a rock of life and working to much so I ask forgiveness ahead of time. Started playing FC5 the other day on my GTX1080 and thought, "would be nice to have a little more horsepower to really crank up the resolution scaling...maybe a 1080Ti would be a fun purchase?!"

LOL

Shopping around the interwebs all the 1080Ti's are OoS or priced ridiculously high. Is this price raping and unavailable product ALL due to fucking crypto miners or is there a shortage due to upcoming product release? All of the above?

Last week my 1080 ti FE bit the dust with some weird error 43 code, so I tested it on another machine and confirmed busted.. Sent it into ASUS, and today I looked at the repair status and it says:

"Material/spare part(s) shortage. Item is on order and/or incoming."

Then I spoke to rep and they said a 2 week backorder. So essentially, this shortage is hurting those who are looking for a 1080 ti and those that are already owners of 1080 ti's..... I've had this 1080 ti for about 8 months and bought it new.

God damn miners..Just thought I'd share ha.

Yep the miners strike again it now getting a real pain buying a GTX1080 TI, I had one for just 11 months but it had a fault and amazon was nice and refund me in full now waiting for the price to drop again not waiting for the new GPUs

Back